TELSTRA T-BOX

Computers, Gadgets, Software, Electronics, etc.

TELSTRA T-BOX

Postby stampy » Fri May 04, 2012 12:48 pm

is it any good? i had a telstra rep tal me into taking one on and have received confirmation in the mail but i have a cooling off period if i change my mind, anyone out there got one?
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 338 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Re: TELSTRA T-BOX

Postby Hazbeen » Fri May 04, 2012 2:34 pm

We have had 1 for 12 months or so. The first one we got I had to send back as it kept freezing and needing to be re-booted which was a pain with young kids. Our current unit has given us no hassles and living in an area where we previously had dodgy seasonal TV reception to now have all channels crystal clear 24/7 is great. The movies are good if you dont mind $6 as you cna watch them endless times within the 48 hours (again the kids) and I like the footy and V8 channels as well. The ability to record to the hardrive and do season records is also a feature.

Overall we are happy with ours and wouldn't go back to not having one and is far cheaper than Austar in our area.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 123 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Re: TELSTRA T-BOX

Postby LMA » Fri May 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Let me say first I had no problems picking up all channels with good reception when I had the antenna direct to the tv. got a TBOX and couldn't pick up ch 10 stations or ABC stations and ch 7 was always scratchy, bought some good quality cable to see if that helped, but no good. Returned it and after reading on some forums how alot of people are on their 3 or even 4th box I decided not to get another one and got a thompson PVR instead, works great. I suspect the TBOX use a cheap and nasty tuner.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Board index   General Talk  Technology & Gadgets