Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Nason will step up surely :)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Postby Big Phil » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Dutchy wrote:Nason will step up surely :)

Maybe Sansbury will come home to SA?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:13 pm

They can always get Westhoff back aswell
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Big Phil » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Jim05 wrote:

They can always get Westhoff back aswell

North can keep him, thanks...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby dedja » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:07 am

No, not that shit Westhoff, the other shit Westhoff ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby beenreal » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:43 am

Blackwhite wrote:Beenreal, how many magpie players do you expect to stick around and play for the power reserves next year? Wll be intesting to see how many do decide to stick around.

BW, I remain confident the opportunity to access the best training, rehab, welfare facilities in the competition, plus the prestige of winning a Premiership for Port Adelaide will be more than enough incentive for the PAFC's playing stocks to be more than adequately serviced.

I also think many will be surprised at both the numbers and the quality of those doing the upcoming pre-season under Darren Burgess.

Not every footballer plays simply for the money.
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:32 am

Living the dream
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:22 am

Luke Durdin an official in for South Adelaide
Panther Pack
Reserves

Been liked: 137 times

Postby cennals05 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:32 pm

beenreal wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Beenreal, how many magpie players do you expect to stick around and play for the power reserves next year? Wll be intesting to see how many do decide to stick around.

BW, I remain confident the opportunity to access the best training, rehab, welfare facilities in the competition, plus the prestige of winning a Premiership for Port Adelaide will be more than enough incentive for the PAFC's playing stocks to be more than adequately serviced.

I also think many will be surprised at both the numbers and the quality of those doing the upcoming pre-season under Darren Burgess.

Bahaha! There is no longer any prestige in winning a premiership for Port Adelaide Power Magpies or whatever you call yourselves these days. There isn't even any prestige in beating you guys anymore. Your team is just a development squad. You are a nothing club now.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby topsywaldron » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:03 pm

cennals05 wrote:You are a nothing club now.

Or you're not a club now.

(with apologies to Maggies supporters who aren't Beenreal or complete tools. Spot the deliberate tautology. )
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:10 pm

If selected that is....
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby stan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:54 pm

cennals05 wrote:
beenreal wrote:

Bahaha! There is no longer any prestige in winning a premiership for Port Adelaide Power Magpies or whatever you call yourselves these days. There isn't even any prestige in beating you guys anymore. Your team is just a development squad. You are a nothing club now.

Souless entity in the SANFL.......

Still seems a strange move for the SANFL to let this happen. Oh well thats for another topic.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:48 pm

beenreal wrote:

Beenreal, are you involved in the PAFC in anyway apart from being a supporter/member?

I think you live in a dreamworld, most players over the age 21/22 of will leave PAFC and look for opportunities elsewhere. Time will tell.

Probably going/Gone-
Gray
Beard
Watt
Kirkwood
Barnes
Heffernan
Heath
Slattery
Rose
Nyskohus
EDIT- Add Robson and Cockshell

There's just a few names I've read on here and ones I've been told that are leaving, I'm sure they'll be more names that'll come up. Anyone else on here got any more names leaving?

I have been told that Raisiwaka and Sharrad have signed to stay at the Power
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby sjt » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:00 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
beenreal wrote:

Beenreal, are you involved in the PAFC in anyway apart from being a supporter/member?

I think you live in a dreamworld, most players over the age 21/22 of will leave PAFC and look for opportunities elsewhere. Time will tell.

Probably going/Gone-
Gray
Beard
Watt
Kirkwood
Barnes
Heffernan
Heath
Slattery
Rose
Nyskohus

There's just a few names I've read on here and ones I've been told that are leaving, I'm sure they'll be more names that'll come up. Anyone else on here got any more names leaving?

I think not many have signed as yet. Eagles to be a big beneficiary. Summerton a chance to stay, despite only $400 a game (insert wink).
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:27 pm

sjt wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
beenreal wrote:

Probably going/Gone-
Gray
Beard
Watt
Kirkwood
Barnes
Heffernan
Heath
Slattery
Rose
Nyskohus

I think not many have signed as yet. Eagles to be a big beneficiary. Summerton a chance to stay, despite only $400 a game (insert wink).

Yes Eagles plus South and Centrals aswell Im hearing
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby DFA » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Luke Durdin an official in for South Adelaide

Interesting that he joining the club where the guy who once said he's never going to play league footy despite showing very good form in lower grades. Another great sacking by Tony Bamford just like Jay Shannon and Michael Clinch.
DFA
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Salisbury West

Postby SimonH » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:50 pm

sjt wrote:... Summerton a chance to stay, despite only $400 a game (insert wink).
This is just the thing. The talk of "$400 a game" causing an almost-complete clean-out, presumes that the PAFC are actually playing by the rules. Even though the majority of players have stampeded for the exits, for a few chosen ones, there will no doubt be made-up roles as Training Coordinator, Brand Ambassador etc which will be far, far more remunerative than the $400 pw they get for actually playing. (Brown paper bags are only for amateurs these days; make-believe jobs with very real salaries are for the 21st century professional sporting organisation.)

The degree to which this sort of thing is tolerated (or even encouraged) by the SANFL is unknown, but you'd expect the SANFL's tolerance for it will be inversely proportional to the number of wins that the Magpies chalk up in 2014 (i.e. if they're bad, the SANFL will look the other way while Port bend the rules to drag them up). Port don't particularly care if the "Magpies" never win a(nother) flag, but they don't want to see them embarrassed and collecting spoons, so they'll be motivated enough to rort the system at least to the degree of trying to keep/buy in a handful of quality SANFL players if/when it looks like the Magpies list is desperately short of talent.
SimonH
Under 18s

Been liked: 62 times

Postby beenreal » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:19 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
beenreal wrote:

Probably going/Gone-
Gray
Beard
Watt
Kirkwood
Barnes
Heffernan
Heath
Slattery
Rose
Nyskohus
EDIT- Add Robson and Cockshell

I'm a proud and longtime Member of the Port Adelaide Football Club.

Nothing amuses me more than supporters of other clubs spouting how they think my club is going to conduct itself. Supporters who wish their club had the long-term record of success that my club wears as a badge of honour.
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby sjt » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:16 am

You're sooo last century, Beenreal.
sjt
League - Best 21

Been liked: 59 times

Postby happilyretired » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:20 am

Panther Pack wrote:South Adelaide will be announcing a new signing tomorrow.

Anything?
happilyretired
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL