Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:15 am

Wedgie wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Shouldn't admins be keeping this topic on topic....

"Rumours and Player Movement Discussion for 2014". Some people have started a rumour the original Port Adelaide is still around and the facts have been pointed out to them that that rumour is incorrect.
So in fact the admins post is a lot more on topic than yours.

What facts? Have I missed a few pages? The only facts that have been proven are the ones I posted. That clearly state the PAFC is still alive, the port adelaide magpies are still a live and still play in the sanfl. Until you can prove that the port adelaide magpies are no longer playing in the sanfl, then you can say they are dead.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:20 am

Kickinit LOL !!!!!!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby dedja » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:21 am

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:24 am

One flew over the Cuckoo's nest !!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:47 am

I don't often comment on this, but I can't believe all these people still going on about the Magpies existing or not. Surely the PAFC is the identity that everyone whether originally Magpies or Power should be loyal too. The club, one club, keeps it identity as the Magpies in the SANFL. The PAFC constitution reads that the club desires to play in the strongest competition possible, which we all know isn't the SANFL.
It's disappointing that at the end of the day the PAFC will not be able to keep its traditional zones, but unfortunately in making the best decision for the entire PAFC it couldn't be done.

I laugh at those (from other clubs & jump off the Magpies) who think they know more than real PAFC people like John Cahill, Brian Cunningham, Tim Ginever, etc who know the true identity of the PAFC & helped better it by establishing it in the best football competition in Australia, whilst still keeping links to its beginings in the SANFL.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby dedja » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:50 am

Russell Ebert says hello ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:58 am

dedja wrote:Russell Ebert says hello ...

Yep probably the only sporting club in australia where it's own living legends can't agree on the clubs indentity
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:11 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Kickinit LOL !!!!!!!!!

Apachebulldog you have done nothing to prove that the magpies will not play in the sanfl in 2014. Until you do why don't go away and worry about centrals, because all you have given us a load dribble.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby RB » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Yes Wedgie you are right this is the biggest rumour of the year so far. DO the Magpies really exist or is it the figment of some delusional AFL Power fans imagination that is the question !!!!

C) It's all a big government conspiracy.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Kickinit LOL Yeah Yeah ya right George its a conspiracy LOL !!!!

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:26 pm

you can keep laughing. Because at the end of the day you made a statement that you have no facts to back it up.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:34 pm

twelvety percent of all posts are in-factual.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby dedja » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:48 pm

and twenty fivety percent of all posters are unedumacated ...
dedja
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:18 pm

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

"Rumours and Player Movement Discussion for 2014". Some people have started a rumour the original Port Adelaide is still around and the facts have been pointed out to them that that rumour is incorrect.

What facts? Have I missed a few pages? The only facts that have been proven are the ones I posted. That clearly state the PAFC is still alive, the port adelaide magpies are still a live and still play in the sanfl. Until you can prove that the port adelaide magpies are no longer playing in the sanfl, then you can say they are dead.

This post makes me want to kick you in your bloody head. As far as I'm concerned, no power supporter has the right to say if the magpies exist or not. Only the 3,000 odd magpie supporters that showed up to each game have a right to voice there opinion. I truly wonder how many of them "3,000 odd magpie supporters" stick around. I wouldn't imagine it would be many.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:20 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Blackwhite you must be the only astute former Magpies supporter on this site its a shame some delusional fans still do not know that there now is a difference between the former SANFL Magpies and the new AFL Power Reserves side.

For forty years I loved going to Alberton to see my team play against the Magpies alas from this year i will not set foot there again to watch a AFL Power reserves side.

We are sorely going to miss that feeling of playing against a Magpie side.

The same applies to the AFL Crows Reserve side I simply will not attend.

Yeah Wedgie a bit of both I reckon !!!

You've hit the nail on the head. It absolutely baffles me how people do not understand the difference. Funnily enough, the people that don't realise this difference have probably only attended a handful of magpie games (if any) in the last decade. Them people are an absolute disgrace.
Last edited by Blackwhite on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:23 pm

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Kickinit, out of pure curiosity, how many magpie games have you attended over the last few years?
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

This post makes me want to kick you in your bloody head. As far as I'm concerned, no power supporter has the right to say if the magpies exist or not. Only the 3,000 odd magpie supporters that showed up to each game have a right to voice there opinion. I truly wonder how many of them "3,000 odd magpie supporters" stick around. I wouldn't imagine it would be many.

Hang on before you start you might want know who your talking to. Yes i'm a power supporter and a magpies supporter I'm a PAFC supporter. Only the 3,000 magpies supporters that showed up have a right well guess what that would be me. Yes i might not of got to every game but I have had a Port adelaide magpies membership for many years. Even when I was living in WA and knew I wasn't going to be back for the football season, I still bought my membership because it was supporting the club. Back in the 90's when my uncle was working at the club a volunteer guess who he would pick up and take to trainings to help out, yeh me. I've spent many hours during the 90's helping out the club. And have had a membership for many years, Have always bought new merchandise when it outs, and have always gone to games when Ive had the chance. So before you want to have a go at a real PAFC supporter you might want to check yourself if you won't stick by the club.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Ok maybe you are a rarity in that you support the magpies just as much as the power. I love the fact you've supported the club over so many years but can you please explain to me how the magpies cannot be considered a reserves side when all power listed players who do not play in the AFL will be playing at the magpies. Isn't that a reserves side? And doesn't reserve teams in a league competition completely destroy the integrity of the competition?

Believe me, I wish the magpies were not dead. They have been my life since I was born and seeing how these last few years have gone down has ripped my heart out.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Spargo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Blackwhite - be very careful. You are not towing the company line. We all know you're a through and through magpie (unlike others who claim to be when it suits) and not a sell out.
People like you who buck the system and aren't "yes men" occasionally go missing ;)
It's quite obvious that port are very sensitive re their identity and don't like being questioned about it.
Don't back down mate - not everyone's a conformist.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:29 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Ok maybe you are a rarity in that you support the magpies just as much as the power. I love the fact you've supported the club over so many years but can you please explain to me how the magpies cannot be considered a reserves side when all power listed players who do not play in the AFL will be playing at the magpies. Isn't that a reserves side? And doesn't reserve teams in a league competition completely destroy the integrity of the competition?

Believe me, I wish the magpies were not dead. They have been my life since I was born and seeing how these last few years have gone down has ripped my heart out.

All of those players that won't make the 22 of the power will play in the SANFL league competition, same as last and the year and the year before. Even though it's a "league comp" it is still and always will be 2nd to the AFL. I don't know what your feelings are about the AFL or the power, but reality is we are 1 club the PAFC. We aren't 2 clubs power and the magpies joined together. If Collingwood weren't in the AFL do you think we would be called the Power, no we would be the magpies in the AFL. My feeling is that why should the power pay these players, pay for the medical bills, do their skills and weights programs and if they don't make the first 22 go play against us in the sanfl. Destroy the integrity of the comp has been thrown around by those that have wanted PAFC to die, they also think that PAFC aren't going to play to win. How do you think the magpies sponsor will go if they aren't out there to win and only using it to develop players or using it as training? They will walk as soon as they can. What happens when they have no sponsor? it means it cost the club more money. Better on field performance will result in better off field performance. Come finals time how many times have the crows and power pulled players from the sanfl to have surgery? Yes it still can happen (but port did put in place a fix for this), well guess what clubs won't have to worry about losing AFL players anymore. What about on a friday night when the AFL coach decides to make a change and that player now has to go back to the sanfl? well that coach then has to make room for the player, 24hrs before a game you have all your game plans and position set then you have to change it, but guess what with Port it's just a simple swap. To me with this setup there is no way the integrity is still in tact if not better.
kickinit
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL