The future of West Adelaide.

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Postby scoob » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:02 am

Didn't the ex employee say he loan the money the club? Not vice versa...

Again how long until the WAFC explain hope this was allowed to occur. Am I right in saying that no one has taken/been given responsiblity for any of this yet?

How can a club operate like this? No wonder they are almost broke. Shambles!
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby beenreal » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:20 am

scoob wrote:Didn't the ex employee say he loan the money the club? Not vice versa...

Again how long until the WAFC explain hope this was allowed to occur. Am I right in saying that no one has taken/been given responsiblity for any of this yet?

How can a club operate like this? No wonder they are almost broke. Shambles!

That was my understanding of the question. Hence why would the family (allegedly) pay the money back?
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Mark Dreher » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Press release from Westies

Following investigations by the Club in mid-2013, a former employee of the Club admitted to the unauthorised removal of a significant amount of Club funds. Restitution has been offered, and accepted by the Club, for this amount.
The Board subsequently appointed an experienced Chartered Accountant to undertake an investigation to determine whether this was, in fact, the material extent of the apparent fraudulent activity.
An extensive review of the Club’s accounting records, bank accounts and transactions involving the former employee was completed in early January 2014.
The investigation resulted in discovery of a number of further questionable transactions and potential misappropriations of funds which were reported to, and considered by, the full Board of the Club.
Upon review of this report by the former employee, a further amount of misappropriation has been admitted. Restitution has been offered, and accepted by the Club, for this amount.
The maximum recovery of funds for the benefit of the Club has been considered to be of prime importance and this matter has been an issue of serious priority for the Board, together with taking steps to tighten administrative procedures and controls to prevent the reoccurrence of such a situation in the future.
The matter has absorbed a huge amount of the Club’s resources and we look forward to a more positive and productive application of those resources with the finalisation of this matter.

Hopefully all over now. Time to move forward
Mark Dreher
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:12 pm

Mark Dreher wrote:Press release from Westies

Following investigations by the Club in mid-2013, a former employee of the Club admitted to the unauthorised removal of a significant amount of Club funds. Restitution has been offered, and accepted by the Club, for this amount.
The Board subsequently appointed an experienced Chartered Accountant to undertake an investigation to determine whether this was, in fact, the material extent of the apparent fraudulent activity.
An extensive review of the Club’s accounting records, bank accounts and transactions involving the former employee was completed in early January 2014.
The investigation resulted in discovery of a number of further questionable transactions and potential misappropriations of funds which were reported to, and considered by, the full Board of the Club.
Upon review of this report by the former employee, a further amount of misappropriation has been admitted. Restitution has been offered, and accepted by the Club, for this amount.
The maximum recovery of funds for the benefit of the Club has been considered to be of prime importance and this matter has been an issue of serious priority for the Board, together with taking steps to tighten administrative procedures and controls to prevent the reoccurrence of such a situation in the future.
The matter has absorbed a huge amount of the Club’s resources and we look forward to a more positive and productive application of those resources with the finalisation of this matter.

"We've worked out you stole more"

"Yep, you want it back?"

"Yep."

*Surely in an official statement where guilt is admitted, the need for "allegedly" is no longer required.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby wycbloods » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:16 pm

Booney wrote:
Mark Dreher wrote:Press release from Westies

"We've worked out you stole more"

"Yep, you want it back?"

"Yep."

*Surely in an official statement where guilt is admitted, the need for "allegedly" is no longer required.

Surely the line he paid it back that's good enough isn't good enough.

AGM is going to be interesting.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Where does it say Allegedly Booney?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby DOC » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Great result for West. A good example of getting the priorities in order.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby Booney » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Brodlach wrote:Where does it say Allegedly Booney?

It doesn't, I was referring to my comments and me not saying "allegedly". All the way through this, despite the public knowledge, "allegedly" has been bandied about. Clearly that is no longer the case.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:08 pm

No charges laid. Lucky.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Agreed he is very lucky but getting the money back was the major priority. He, I would imagine, will never get a job with finance ever again.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:40 pm

Sounds like he has connections
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Maybe but I believe the club was told it would take over three years before they saw the money again if the looked for a prosecution
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby mickey » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:29 pm

Brodlach wrote:Maybe but I believe the club was told it would take over three years before they saw the money again if the looked for a prosecution

So a thief and a blackmailer... doubt that he would get a job anywhere, let alone in finance
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:02 pm

Nice cushy council job?
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:10 pm

Im sorry but pretty weak by West.
The guy is a crim, throw the book at him.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby kickinit » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:29 pm

mickey wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Maybe but I believe the club was told it would take over three years before they saw the money again if the looked for a prosecution

So a thief and a blackmailer... doubt that he would get a job anywhere, let alone in finance

No criminal record hard for a new employer to find out. References are easily covered by friends.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:47 pm

I'm with you Mickey.....he's bloody lucky to not be in jail.
He's tried to defraud very important community organisation at that.
Then had the gall to blackmail the club...wtf! What if he didnt have a rich relative to pay the money back?
It doesnt set a great example to impressionable fans....sure rip your boss off and get someone else to pay it back so they keep your sorry ass out of the big house.
Westies should now press charges for the other misappropriations that he wouldnt fess up to.

Moral of the story...marry into money ;)
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:14 pm

mickey wrote:

Not sure where blackmail has been ever mentioned until now when brought up by Mickey

Wouldn't get the money until it went through the courts if at all.

I'm sure Alan Scott never saw any of the money that was stolen by his former employee and that was millions
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Mark Dreher » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:28 am

Brodlach wrote:
mickey wrote:

Not sure where blackmail has been ever mentioned until now when brought up by Mickey

I'm sure Alan Scott never saw any of the money that was stolen by his former employee and that was millions

Spot on Broadlach, if he was prosecuted and went away there was no way that we would have got the money back.

We do some things badly at Westies, but I don't think this is 1 of them.
Mark Dreher
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby JK » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:30 am

Mark Dreher wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
mickey wrote:

Spot on Broadlach, if he was prosecuted and went away there was no way that we would have got the money back.

We do some things badly at Westies, but I don't think this is 1 of them.

I agree
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL