SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby old farmer » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:49 pm

think we got up by a couple, not 100% sure. didn't keep score.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby carey » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:09 pm

old farmer wrote:think we got up by a couple, not 100% sure. didn't keep score.

My mail has you blokes top 5. How many in's did you guys have?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:14 pm

carey wrote:
old farmer wrote:think we got up by a couple, not 100% sure. didn't keep score.

My mail has you blokes top 5. How many in's did you guys have?

Same bloke also told me that Mawson Lakes will have to play at least one recruit in the B grade each weak as they have a points issue????

Don't know if it's true just what I was told. And that Lockleys and Blackfriars are going along very well again with no one really giving them a chance.

Looks a very even comp again.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby superboot7 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:24 pm

How did dirty grimmond go?? Absolute ledgend! North haven has lost out in his services
superboot7
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Danky$$ » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:52 am

superboot7 wrote:How did dirty grimmond go?? Absolute ledgend! North haven has lost out in his services

Real good. Nice kick on him
Danky$$
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:56 am

How does everyone really feel about the points system in the SAAFL? Is it really a positive option to keep the big clubs level with the smaller clubs? Or do you think it should be a free for all?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Pag » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:How does everyone really feel about the points system in the SAAFL? Is it really a positive option to keep the big clubs level with the smaller clubs? Or do you think it should be a free for all?

Every club in your division has the same limitations? Whats the issue? Mawson Lakes aren't playing against Rostrevor or Goody Saints.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Pag wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:How does everyone really feel about the points system in the SAAFL? Is it really a positive option to keep the big clubs level with the smaller clubs? Or do you think it should be a free for all?

Every club in your division has the same limitations? Whats the issue? Mawson Lakes aren't playing against Rostrevor or Goody Saints.[/quot

No issue here Pag. All im saying is that every club wants to be successful right? Every club wants to compete at the highest level. So to do those things you have to recruit players to your club. Some of which may come from higher grades. I just dont think a club should be punished by the points system and that the chances of securing any players from higher divisions are not that good. If you are good at recruiting players to your club whether that be with $$$ or have a good club culture. Then you have done well and are very lucky abd shouldnt get punished by having too many points.

So if your a coach of a club and are recruiting players to your club. Which of course happens at every club. Why should you have to watch out on how many points you have before you have to stop because you may incur a penalty because you're breached the rule??

Im just saying that I disagree with the points system and dont believe it has really worked well in the SAAFL.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:40 pm

I think the points system has merit in the higher grades particularly, but I also think you are right and it has hindered the SAAFL - we are constantly seeing more players move on the country sides and also more average players chasing higher $$ amounts and i think it has a lot to do with the points system.

Points system creating football mercenaries, Country clubs the real winner..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:43 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I think the points system has merit in the higher grades particularly, but I also think you are right and it has hindered the SAAFL - we are constantly seeing more players move on the country sides and also more average players chasing higher $$ amounts and i think it has a lot to do with the points system.

Points system creating football mercenaries, Country clubs the real winner..

Exactly. I know that the SAAFL is trying to make it a little more even. But why should you have to watch out who you recruit because he may be worth more points? That may mean you miss out on a quality player that could be a difference to you winning a GF? That's just hyperthetically.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby jo172 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:49 pm

To offer a different opinion I think it's wonderful.

Offers a fantastic incentive for club's to focus on and develop junior football. Encouragement if not absolutely forcing clubs to undertake medium to long term planning (which as we've recently seen some clubs struggle with).

I agree that it's had an inflationary effect on some player's wages as clubs may effectively recruit less players. However, this is only a problem for club's who overly rely on players who are at their original club's primarily for monetary reasons.

This system effectively rewards club's who foster enjoyable environments and good junior programs.

The -1 system for playing Under 18s is also a great concept.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Jetters » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:16 pm

jo172 wrote:To offer a different opinion I think it's wonderful.

Offers a fantastic incentive for club's to focus on and develop junior football. Encouragement if not absolutely forcing clubs to undertake medium to long term planning (which as we've recently seen some clubs struggle with).

I agree that it's had an inflationary effect on some player's wages as clubs may effectively recruit less players. However, this is only a problem for club's who overly rely on players who are at their original club's primarily for monetary reasons.

This system effectively rewards club's who foster enjoyable environments and good junior programs.

The -1 system for playing Under 18s is also a great concept.

Agree with your comments, its a good system.

Because its not like we have seen many recent examples of clubs 'growing' too quickly without a stable recruiting pool and relying on outside recruits to unsustainabley accelerate success.... oh wait, hang on.....
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby norm11 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:17 pm

The lower clubs should have more points than the higher clubs. Not sure the best way of working who gets what but yea.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:25 pm

norm11 wrote:The lower clubs should have more points than the higher clubs. Not sure the best way of working who gets what but yea.

I would only make one change.

The Div 1 Grand Finalists from the previous season should only receive 12 points, and the two sides coming up from Div 2 should receive 18 points.

This allows for the huge gap between division 2 and division 1 and the obvious need for the division 2 grand finallists to considerably improve to be able to play against division 1 sides. It also prevents the Division 1 rich getting richer (to an extent).
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:03 pm

It's a myth in my opinion that more and more blokes head to the country. 15-20 years ago country SA comps like Riverland, Western Border, Spencer Gulf and GSFL were chic full of imports and the standard (on a scale) was outstanding. Those comps were on par with many red hot Victorian Country comps. Now they wouldn't get close to them

The cash in the country dried up. There would be far less imports there now even if you wiped points completely.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Yank Man » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:18 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:It's a myth in my opinion that more and more blokes head to the country. 15-20 years ago country SA comps like Riverland, Western Border, Spencer Gulf and GSFL were chic full of imports and the standard (on a scale) was outstanding. Those comps were on par with many red hot Victorian Country comps. Now they wouldn't get close to them

The cash in the country dried up. There would be far less imports there now even if you wiped points completely.

The thing is that most country comps have a scale for points. The top teams get 6,7, points and the bottom teams get 15. That's where the $$$$ become an issue. A club sitting on the bottom has sponsors/supporters etc who have had a good season in the fields or in the winery etc, etc then decide to chuck in the bucks and go out and get what they want. 6 or 7 gun recruits at 3 pts max is 18 or 21. Then if they have 5 good Senior Colts they get minus 1 point each for them. Bingo your in business and can rest a gun each week. How much you pay them is irrelevant because their is no salary restrictions. Unfortunately the kids end up sitting on the pine or rotating with each other. Those handful of guns DO actually make a big difference though. So we will continue to lose good players to the country because of that reason. Not saying it's right or wrong but just sayin'.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Q. » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:33 pm

Mitchell Park and Flinders Uni with a 'merger' of sorts, now confirmed.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby hillscrow » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:25 pm

Q. wrote:Mitchell Park and Flinders Uni with a 'merger' of sorts, now confirmed.

Still to compete in Div 6?
hillscrow
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:26 am

hillscrow wrote:
Q. wrote:Mitchell Park and Flinders Uni with a 'merger' of sorts, now confirmed.

Yes.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby hillscrow » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:24 am

Q. wrote:
hillscrow wrote:

Yes.

Thanks. SAAFL have now communicated to clubs. Mitchell Pk in As & Flinders Uni in Bs. Sounds like the beginning of the end or a beautiful relationship!
hillscrow
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League