River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby S Demon » Fri May 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Anyone know how Tailem Bend's new ruckmen (Thursby) went on the weekend?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby biffboy » Sat May 03, 2014 8:19 pm

Cant believe what I am reading! Did Mypo & Meninge seriously have a draw in both the A's & ressies? Wonder if that has ever happened before?
biffboy
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby Chester » Sat May 03, 2014 9:01 pm

biffboy wrote:Cant believe what I am reading! Did Mypo & Meninge seriously have a draw in both the A's & ressies? Wonder if that has ever happened before?

Sure did Biffboy, would be pretty rare I would think. Pretty low scoring day in both grades, blowing a gale out at Mypo today.
rockin Rodney was at his normal high standard once again. :roll:
Chester
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Greatbloke2386 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:53 pm

as a netural supporter went and watch mannum and tailem today was a good game to watch and was really welled umpired just let them play football
Greatbloke2386
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby P.B » Sun May 04, 2014 9:59 am

Greatbloke2386 wrote:as a netural supporter went and watch mannum and tailem today was a good game to watch and was really welled umpired just let them play football

Agreed. Umps were very much improved today and did quite well. Cannot believe two sides would draw at the same ground! WOW :shock:
P.B
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby P.B » Sun May 04, 2014 2:48 pm

See two SANFL players have been cleared to Meningie recently in Jake Liston and Jed Durdin? have they been awarded further points? You'd bloody hope not. How can they get points when Mypo, Ramblers and Mannum can't replace the players they've lost to the Crows?

Not a criticism of Meningie but more towards the league.
P.B
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun May 04, 2014 3:24 pm

P.B wrote:See two SANFL players have been cleared to Meningie recently in Jake Liston and Jed Durdin? have they been awarded further points? You'd bloody hope not. How can they get points when Mypo, Ramblers and Mannum can't replace the players they've lost to the Crows?

Liston has been cleared to Meningie for awhile now, and Durdin recently but hasn't played as of yet, I think you will find a couple of players that Meningie at points aside for in the pre season are now not playing. So points free'd up, are these teams losing players to the crows reserves any different to teams losing players to Sturt or the eagles etc? I think not so that shouldn't be an argument. Either way looks like the comp is alive and well.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby P.B » Sun May 04, 2014 3:49 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
P.B wrote:See two SANFL players have been cleared to Meningie recently in Jake Liston and Jed Durdin? have they been awarded further points? You'd bloody hope not. How can they get points when Mypo, Ramblers and Mannum can't replace the players they've lost to the Crows?

Liston has been cleared to Meningie for awhile now, and Durdin recently but hasn't played as of yet, I think you will find a couple of players that Meningie at points aside for in the pre season are now not playing. So points free'd up, are these teams losing players to the crows reserves any different to teams losing players to Sturt or the eagles etc? I think not so that shouldn't be an argument. Either way looks like the comp is alive and well.

They are different in the sense that Ramblers (Pfeiffer) and Mannum (O'Malley) had those players all pre season, only to lose them once it was all too late. If teams lose players to Sturt or the Eagles - those changes happen at the end of a season - not once its started. Anyway not a criticism of Meningie at all as I said.

How was the game yesterday? Who should have won?
P.B
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun May 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Momentum swings all day, mypo kicked the first 4 goals of the game so we had to work pretty hard to get back into it, when a good side like them gets the jump on you, generally pretty hard to get back into a contest. Really do not like the 2 byes in a row, which us and mannum copped. Brunoli broke a collar bone in the first 2 minutes of the game and I think James smith did a hammy in the second so both teams where a man down.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby P.B » Sun May 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Hopefully Brunoli gets back soon. Been a loyal and good recruit for the Bears over the years. Especially if the Bears continue their run which I think they will. They seem to have got some really good midfielders in.
P.B
Under 16s

Postby Ramrod » Thu May 08, 2014 3:36 pm

Meningie vs Ramblers. Meningie by 8 points
Mypo vs Mannum. Mannum with an upset by 14 points
Imps vs Tailem. Imps by 56 Points.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby biffboy » Fri May 09, 2014 2:21 am

A couple really interesting games this week

Mannum v Mypo- I reckon the tiges will get it done pretty easy & the roo boys will finally realize they need to hit the training track. Speaking of mannum tho, whispers floating around that the crows are pretty keen on O'malley. Be good to see him get a crack at the top level, outstanding defender with no fear
Meninge v Ramblers- Fingers crossed we can get it done but I wouldn't be surprised if we get rolled. As good as I feel about where we are heading under the new coach, we really have no idea what the Bears have to offer & with a few ex SANFL players floating around they could be tough to beat
Imps v Tailem- Could be closer than a lot think. I expect Tailem to take it up to the blue boys physically but doubt they can run out a whole game against a young & fit side
Mypo 37pts
Ramblers 1pt
Imps 24pts
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:57 am

Mypo v Mannum
Mypo are a very hard running team that have improved on there contested footy and a few lads have really bulked up for them. Haven't seen Mannum as of yet only here-say on here and what's been written in the standard, will be tight early but I think the tigers runners will get the job done in the second half. James moss is a gun and it's only a matter of time till he completely tears a game apart.
tigers by 5 goals.

Imps v Taliem
Taliem seem to be getting more and more competitive each wk, hard to tip them when we don't know the availability of the Glenelg boys, all accounts the new ruckman is very handy, haven't seen imps yet but think they can just get the job done.
Imps by 11 points

Bears v Chooks
Meningie where very ordinary early last wk after coming off a double bye, and had to really show something to get back into the game, and they did that with hard at it, tough team footy, even getting to be a couple goals up heading into the last quarter. Seen something with this side I haven't seen for a couple of yrs. But need to build on last wks game if they are to be a chance against a up and about ramblers team, who seem to be doing what they have to at the minute. I'm backing our boys in.
Bears by 19 points
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby From The Outer » Fri May 09, 2014 8:01 pm

OMalley will be a great country footballer but he cant kick. There is no way the Crows would consider a defender who is not an elite kick.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby P.B » Fri May 09, 2014 8:57 pm

His kicking has improved dramatically. The guy is more fearless and ferocious than anyone at the Cows now. I can think of several poorer kicks than him in the GAYFL. I don't think the Cows will be taking us old boys views though FTO. Thats why we're not paid the big bucks!
P.B
Under 16s

Postby biffboy » Fri May 09, 2014 9:11 pm

From The Outer wrote:OMalley will be a great country footballer but he cant kick. There is no way the Crows would consider a defender who is not an elite kick.

Crows kicked at something like 45% efficiency in the first half last week so maybe he will fit in well
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby P.B » Sun May 11, 2014 6:06 pm

Good game of footy at Mypo yesterday. The Roos just looked more skilful and calm in the last quarter with Clayton and Sheedy having huge last quarters. Brad Wakefield has been superb for Mannum this year and Chris Rudiger took the best mark I've seen at this level for 10 years.

Imps got the job done as expected and Ramblers look to be absolutely firing on all cylinders now! That's Mannum and Meningie they've beaten convincingly now. Premiership favourites at this stage for mine!
P.B
Under 16s

Postby WellPlayed#9 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:19 pm

I see Jed Durdin kicked only 1 goal for the Bears, can anyone shed some light on his performance outside of stats?
Football aint for the faint hearted, anonymous blogging is!
WellPlayed#9

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby biffboy » Mon May 12, 2014 9:03 am

WellPlayed#9 wrote:I see Jed Durdin kicked only 1 goal for the Bears, can anyone shed some light on his performance outside of stats?

Who is Jed Durdin? Didn't notice him so must have had little impact.

Honestly expected more from Meninge & if we had kicked straight (3 goal 10 in first quarter) the margin could have been much worse.

As for being premiership favourites, well I wouldn't have thought. I would have Mypo as number one IMO, then probably Mannum as we know they will come good as the season grows older. They are currently in pre-season & they know it only counts in August & September
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby heater31 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:31 am

biffboy wrote:
WellPlayed#9 wrote:I see Jed Durdin kicked only 1 goal for the Bears, can anyone shed some light on his performance outside of stats?

Who is Jed Durdin? Didn't notice him so must have had little impact.

Has been playing Reserves footy for Sturt. Probably will be at the Bears again this week if he only kicked 1 goal.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy