BL&G Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: BL&G Football League

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue May 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Panther32 wrote:Anyone know why Waylon Johncock went to Noarlunga in the SFL instead of going back to Gawler Central after he left the SANFL?

$$$$$
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby UNCLE SAM » Wed May 21, 2014 3:12 pm

Not 100% sure but rumor sweeping the Valley that current BLG President has resigned effective immediately
UNCLE SAM
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Useless » Wed May 21, 2014 5:37 pm

UNCLE SAM wrote:Not 100% sure but rumor sweeping the Valley that current BLG President has resigned effective immediately

Wow any idea why? Unless he was the bloke that jumped the fence the other week seems very out of the blue doesn't it?
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby roodog » Thu May 22, 2014 11:49 am

Lot of pressure in the job
"That which does not defeat you can only make you stronger"
roodog
Under 16s

Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Useless » Thu May 22, 2014 4:24 pm

roodog wrote:Lot of pressure in the job

Yeah there is but you would know that going in. Has anyone had any confirmation on this?
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu May 22, 2014 4:54 pm

confirmed
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Red Rocket » Sat May 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Another long day at the office for Kapunda, got a touch up in all grades.
Ground was in top condition and South really exposed us for leg speed. They were frightningly quick across the ground and just ran all day, fitness looked really good. Interestingly the 74 point margin was the smallest win by a Gawler side today, has there been a recent season were 4 sides are as good as no chance for finals after only 6 rounds. Looks to be a huge margin between the top and bottom sides this year, unfortunately Kapunda are one of those 4 sides just making up the numbers.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby beef » Sat May 24, 2014 9:38 pm

Luke wells back for tanunda all year?
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 257 times

Postby Lethal Dose » Sun May 25, 2014 4:45 pm

nobby symes did a great job in managing the stress of the job
Lethal Dose
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Red Rocket » Sun May 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Yeah, choosing what free grog to consume must be hard.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 28, 2014 6:21 pm

A few shenanigans at Nuri on Saturday night!
A Nuri B Grader belting a Tanunda A Grader, and a couple Nuri A Graders coming to blows as well in a David and Goliath type clash
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2431 times
Been liked: 1669 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Red Rocket » Wed May 28, 2014 8:33 pm

I see the League have deemed it perfectly acceptable for spectators to jump the fence and interfere with play.
Seems petty foor form if you ask me, next time it happens I hope the players are allowed to kick the hell out of the spectator.
By the way it sounded in the paper, the player has copped a sterner warning than the offender.
Disappointing that Angaston hasnt moved this person on either, not a good look for a well respected club
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby daysofourlives » Wed May 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Red Rocket wrote:I see the League have deemed it perfectly acceptable for spectators to jump the fence and interfere with play.
Seems petty foor form if you ask me, next time it happens I hope the players are allowed to kick the hell out of the spectator.
By the way it sounded in the paper, the player has copped a sterner warning than the offender.
Disappointing that Angaston hasnt moved this person on either, not a good look for a well respected club

Too scared to is what im hearing and fair enough.
The police should have taken it out of their hands and banned him from attending all footy matches.
They are also using the excuse that he is not a member so they can't do anything.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2431 times
Been liked: 1669 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby lutz » Wed May 28, 2014 9:30 pm

How is Steve OConner trucking along as Willaston coach?
I believe he used to post on here. Wonder if he still does?

His speeches used to send chills downthespine.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Chuck Wepner » Sat May 31, 2014 6:06 pm

lutz wrote:How is Steve OConner trucking along as Willaston coach?
I believe he used to post on here. Wonder if he still does?

His speeches used to send chills downthespine.

Really? They used to send me to sleep.......... :?

Much better effort by Barossa today, they lost by only 2 goals but had their chances to win and were far more desperate than Nuri when it mattered.
I say no to drugs, but they don’t listen.
Chuck Wepner
Under 16s

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: United Yeelanna

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:52 am

Well I dont think the club can get much lower, condition were ordinary but no excuse to kick only 3 goals for the day and be outscored 7 goals to 1 after half time. Lack of cattle is a real issue, obviously have injuries like everyone else but just dont have the depth through the club to cover them.
Not even halfway through the season and there is a major split already, the 3 Gawler clubs will play finals and it appears Nuri and Tanunda to fight for the last spot, the rest of us are fighting to avoid the spoon. There is no way the Premiership wont be heading to Gawler this year though
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby hotspur » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:28 pm

Kapunda don't have the cattle Rocket. The same few players are carrying them every week, but they lack in areas they've been strong in the past. They badly need a big forward and a quality midfielder, and promising juniors to be persevered with and given more than a game here and there; things the better clubs have and do - even Freeling. When will the Bombers actively recruit players or is it just enough to be mediocre?
They had their chances to fill these spots this year - McKinnon, Bissett, And. Turrell - but they expect players to come chasing them. That's where the Gawler clubs have it all over the competition and it's no surprise to see how the season is going.
hotspur
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Arry Gablett » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:21 pm

One of those struggled to get a kick at a neighbouring league, one is struggling at a very ordinary club to have an impact, and one was never a superstar any way.
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:12 am

hotspur wrote:Kapunda don't have the cattle Rocket. The same few players are carrying them every week, but they lack in areas they've been strong in the past. They badly need a big forward and a quality midfielder, and promising juniors to be persevered with and given more than a game here and there; things the better clubs have and do - even Freeling. When will the Bombers actively recruit players or is it just enough to be mediocre?
They had their chances to fill these spots this year - McKinnon, Bissett, And. Turrell - but they expect players to come chasing them. That's where the Gawler clubs have it all over the competition and it's no surprise to see how the season is going.

Freeling are sort of in the same boat with their juniors. The Under 17's only have 15 to choose from each week, meaning that five or six Under 15's have to play two games every week. However the Legs do do something that Kapunda don't seem to do often and that is blood youngsters, the Legs would have had 9-10 blokes under 22 playing on the weekend.
I don't think it is going to get any better for Kapunda anytime soon as their Under 17's only just got over Freeling's Under 17's by 3-4 goals, whilst heading into the Under 15's both sides had not won a game. Freeling would triumph by 100 points, hmmm that doesn't bode well when the second worst team statistically beat you by 100 points.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 225 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby hotspur » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:04 am

One of those struggled to get a kick at a neighbouring league, one is struggling at a very ordinary club to have an impact, and one was never a superstar any way.
Not the point I was making, but I think all 3 would help Kapunda. The problem is that while some clubs actively seek success, some have still got their head in the sand expecting their reputation, history
or some other miracle to save them. Until you are successful you won't attract players, so what do you do to become successful? Take a chance and spend some money?
The last few premiers in the BLG all have spent big (despite what they say publicly you only have to look at their teams for that year), even Kapunda in 04/05 had several imports.
The problem won't go away and it will lead to country clubs disappearing in droves.
hotspur
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy