2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Postby Barnyard08 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Marbles you are making some terrible comments at the moment.
I played a lot of C grade footy for the Sharks the best part about it was playing the Agrade clubs sometimes you won sometimes you lost most of the time it was fun and was always a good game of footy.
Last year when the club wanted to put back in the C and D grade divs would of destroyed our C and D grade why would you want to play against lesser competition you should want to play the best footy you can our C grade is good enough to play this level why would we want go to a lesser level I don't understand that mentality. Also the fact that people don't want to come and play div 7 footy from the higher grades coz its tooo hard shoots me off to. If they were that good they would get in our best players very few do.
Barnyard08
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Postby marbles » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:39 pm

we're cgraders mate, if we wanted to play at the highest level we would go train with the bgrade and have a crack at div 1

in the meantime us cgraders, not only at henley, but at smosh, modbury, shocs and even adelaide uni, who just want a kick and catch on a saturday afternoon, instead have to endure ridiculous opponents who are far well tuned than us, that are being paid to play, and who are men who ARE playing with aspirations of being at its club highest level.

who are we to volunteer our time to compete against this ridiculous and impossible equation? what a waste of our saturday afternoon, our petrol money, our sponsorship money, and just our season overall knowing that us kick & catch team mates might make st finals but striving for the ultimate prize is a waste of time. cos we essentially are just whipping boy guinea pigs to these A gra

this is why cgrader clubs are falling off losing so many players because blokes cant be stuffed being smashed anymore

imagine a cgrade comp only, where we all on the same common ground, play a best of the best cgrader in the land. what an awesome hughly inviting league for kick and catch footballers, the clubs will flourish and ttg in div 8 is the example of this fact

and even the saafl headquarters will be impressed because their participation rate will rise, therell be more players on their books which equals more money
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Hyperbole weakens your argument. The lads I play with are no more 'finely tuned athletes' than those playing in Henley's C grade.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:01 pm

marbles wrote:we're in Div 7 mate, if we wanted to play at the highest level we would go train with another club and have a crack at higher divs

in the meantime us div 7 clubs, not only at henley, but at smosh, modbury, shocs and even adelaide uni, who just want a kick and catch on a saturday afternoon, instead have to endure ridiculous opponents who are far well tuned than us, that are being paid to play, and who are men who ARE playing with aspirations of being at its club highest level.

who are we to volunteer our time to compete against this ridiculous and impossible equation? what a waste of our saturday afternoon, our petrol money, our sponsorship money, and just our season overall knowing that us kick & catch team mates might make st finals but striving for the ultimate prize is a waste of time. cos we essentially are just whipping boy guinea pigs to these other clubs

this is why div 7 clubs are falling off losing so many players because blokes cant be stuffed being smashed anymore

imagine a kick and catch comp only, where we all on the same common ground, play a best of the best kick and catch in the land. what an awesome hughly inviting league for kick and catch footballers, the clubs will flourish and ttg in div 8 is the example of this fact

and even the saafl headquarters will be impressed because their participation rate will rise, therell be more players on their books which equals more money
FTFY
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:05 pm

And why would you want to tear apart the Ehrlich/Ballatori love/hate relationship that has existed for so many years. I look forward to hearing them sledge each other every year.
Q.
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:07 pm

Q. wrote:And why would you want to tear apart the Ehrlich/Ballatori love/hate relationship that has existed for so many years. I look forward to hearing them sledge each other every year.

Hey Q funny you mention Ballatori we just realised who each other were after a couple of weeks of working on the same job site.

I think I've found a opposition player that didn't hate me! Lol
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Q. » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:14 pm

carey wrote:
Q. wrote:And why would you want to tear apart the Ehrlich/Ballatori love/hate relationship that has existed for so many years. I look forward to hearing them sledge each other every year.

Hey Q funny you mention Ballatori we just realised who each other were after a couple of weeks of working on the same job site.

I think I've found a opposition player that didn't hate me! Lol

Doesn't count, he has terrible judgement in friends :D
Q.
Coach

Postby Jetters » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:43 pm

I like the general idea .....don't agree with a lot of your reasons.

Clubs play like for like. Strong clubs play other strong clubs C & D grades, Weaker clubs play other weaker clubs A & Bs week in week out. Ends up with people and clubs playing against each who are all out there for similar reasons to achieve similar goals. Would add stability to these divisions.

The unfortunate part is having 9 team comps. Byes are shit.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby marbles » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:50 pm

Jetters wrote:I like the general idea .....don't agree with a lot of your reasons.

Clubs play like for like. Strong clubs play other strong clubs C & D grades, Weaker clubs play other weaker clubs A & Bs week in week out. Ends up with people and clubs playing against each who are all out there for similar reasons to achieve similar goals. Would add stability to these divisions.

The unfortunate part is having 9 team comps. Byes are shit.

thanks man. glad im making sense at least despite being a radical maniac :D

yeah if league could find 5 extra AGrade clubs there be no byes at all

ie: wingfield, marion, blackwood, brighton and.. mt lofty :D haha no chance hey
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:29 pm

marbles wrote:we're cgraders mate, if we wanted to play at the highest level we would go train with the bgrade and have a crack at div 1

This is the problem, why would you pull apart a competition to cater for people who don't give a stuff.

Clubs that run a C-Grade that is not a reserves to the B-Grade soon find that it becomes a cancer in their club.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:43 pm

marbles wrote:imagine a cgrade comp only, where we all on the same common ground, play a best of the best cgrader in the land. what an awesome hughly inviting league for kick and catch footballers, the clubs will flourish and ttg in div 8 is the example of this fact
So are all the clubs who are playing in c1 to 4 increasing their participation levels based on your theory?
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby marbles » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:09 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
marbles wrote:we're cgraders mate, if we wanted to play at the highest level we would go train with the bgrade and have a crack at div 1

This is the problem, why would you pull apart a competition to cater for people who don't give a stuff.

Clubs that run a C-Grade that is not a reserves to the B-Grade soon find that it becomes a cancer in their club.

i like what your saying mate that very true. i dont think ive made it sound that way for us, what i dont give a stuff about is whether the agrade clubs can make it to the next div up. the majority of our cgraders will happily play bgrade if selected

cancer is an interesting word. for the well being considerations of your loyal cgrade men, lets put them in the spotlight, wouldnt chucking an agrade side into their little playing field also be a cancer?

i mean the SFL is a terrific example. How about u chuck Aldinga, Lonsdale & Hackham into your C-grade comp??????

its a ludicrous suggestion isnt it? well thats exactly what we have here in div 7.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Barnyard08 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:10 am

Marbles out of everyone on here you are the only person that is complaining stop complaining and start playing Henley is and will be a strong four team club for a while longer what is the difference now compared to previous years. Its the culture that has changed and until that changes back to the way it was 2009 and before we could struggle to win a flag but I bet you we will still be competetive and Q I loved listening to those two go at it as well and some of your comments while standing marks when kicking for goal were pretty good to and thats what footys about and at the end of the game u shake their hand and go have a beer
Barnyard08
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Postby marbles » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:09 am

barnyard your all about henley henley henley and who gives a stuff about the rest

yes i know we're fine.

my preaching is for the bigger scale, our friends & our foes. do we just sit back on our mighty perch & watch everyone else around us crumble

in past 18 months weve seen...

# ttg fall off chart lose 2 sides and forfiet div 6
# broadview dgrade collapsed
# flinders parks dgrade collapse
# shocs collapse
# smosh made a giant courageous leap to div 7 but no im sure are in deep regret cos cos good times will be rare

do u sense a common theme?

the league is losing teams mate whos gonna be next

secondly i think everyone on accept the model, they just dont like the byes
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:13 am

How many teams in the league now compared to 10 or 20 years ago?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby S Demon » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:10 am

Q. wrote:Hyperbole weakens your argument. The lads I play with are no more 'finely tuned athletes' than those playing in Henley's C grade.

Some of the lads you play with are getting paid more than those in Henley's C grade though...
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:44 am

S Demon wrote:
Q. wrote:Hyperbole weakens your argument. The lads I play with are no more 'finely tuned athletes' than those playing in Henley's C grade.

Some of the lads you play with are getting paid more than those in Henley's C grade though...

Doesn't make them any more athletic though ;)
Q.
Coach

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:07 am

id be a bit concerned for houghton in a divvy 6 next year

without 6 or 7 big recruits,could they endure a similiar time to what mitchell parks and angles are having?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:13 am

marbles wrote:id be a bit concerned for houghton in a divvy 6 next year

without 6 or 7 big recruits,could they endure a similiar time to what mitchell parks and angles are having?

No.

Last two times we went up to D6, we were competitive. Next time I'd like us to make finals.
Q.
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:38 am

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:id be a bit concerned for houghton in a divvy 6 next year

No.

Last two times we went up to D6, we were competitive. Next time I'd like us to make finals.

Turn it up :P
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League