SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Will Sedan have a side left lol? I've heard couple more on the move..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:04 pm

So are you implying SW offered Aloisi $500 per game? Wasn't that what he was getting at Sedan?

FFS, it was an EXAMPLE..I'm not suggesting or implying anything.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby ramming23 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:14 pm

What is everyone's view on the red card? There was an incident yesterday in our B grade where there was a scuffle behind play (2 onto 1) and a Glenunga player ran over to help out his team mate and bumped a player heavily (not high) just a hard bump and was reported and red carded for it? Not that I think this incident was even a reportable offense but does anyone agree that some incidents should only constitute a report but not penalised by being sent off for the rest of the game for something that had no malice or threat in it?
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Q. » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:19 pm

Don't be a dick and you won't get carded.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:38 pm

S Demon wrote:
Robran wrote:Daniel hickey will be staying at sedan and as for the question of ladder position what do u think go to a very strong club with every chance of winning the flag or back to blodge who unfortunately are heading in the wrong direction...

I wonder how much SW had to fork out to help the clearance go through? Or if Sedan are looking at decreasing their payments anyway, are they happy too just off load $500 - $1000 per week for 2 players to ease the financial burden..? In other words, promise the world to recruits and if you're not where you want to be at the halfway point of the season start moving some blokes on and save up and do it all again next year maybe...

Yep apparently that's becoming the trend for the country clubs in particular.

One club in the plains league did exactly that.

Asked the player to take a fairly large pay cut because they weren't going to be premiership threats. When they player spat it the club said they would be mutually happy for him to chase other options before the deadline and save his pay to put towards next years funds to which they said they will be happy to have him back next year with hopefully some even bigger recruits.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Cohiba » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:16 pm

ramming23 wrote:What is everyone's view on the red card? There was an incident yesterday in our B grade where there was a scuffle behind play (2 onto 1) and a Glenunga player ran over to help out his team mate and bumped a player heavily (not high) just a hard bump and was reported and red carded for it? Not that I think this incident was even a reportable offense but does anyone agree that some incidents should only constitute a report but not penalised by being sent off for the rest of the game for something that had no malice or threat in it?

Because he ran to the scuffle (to help a teammate as you state) clearly not to separate... but with the intent evening up the numbers and to do harm by way of a "hard bump" as you state.....that is malice. His action also did have the "threat" and potential to escalate into something bigger if others came running.

Sometimes what we construe as part of the game and righteous justice.... is not always interpreted that way in accordance with the rules as seen by the umpires in SAAFL. Whether the umpires have more to prove at that level than in higher Divisions and sometimes over react I don't know. IMO be at least grateful that for the most part they not like someof the B grade "orange peels" that have to be tolerated week in week out .

Q states...Don't be a dick and you won't be reported and your team won't lose someone from the bench for the remainder of the game.......or...... do you ignore your teammate when he's in strife when and if the umps don't react (quickly enough)... It a fine line between the two IMO
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:21 pm

ramming23 wrote:What is everyone's view on the red card? There was an incident yesterday in our B grade where there was a scuffle behind play (2 onto 1) and a Glenunga player ran over to help out his team mate and bumped a player heavily (not high) just a hard bump and was reported and red carded for it? Not that I think this incident was even a reportable offense but does anyone agree that some incidents should only constitute a report but not penalised by being sent off for the rest of the game for something that had no malice or threat in it?

so your bloke comes in to bump the other bloke and then hypothetically one of theirs comes in to bump him then one of yours king hits him and then one of theirs king hits him and next thing it’s plastered all over the Sunday Mail as it has been a couple of times last year not to mention the threat of someone being seriously hurt unnecessarily.

It's instances like you described above that the league is trying to avoid,

Its called the melee rule dude and that could potentially cost your club $250.

Thank your lucky stars you didn't have our ump on the weekend. 5 frees against us (and none for) in the first 2 minutes of the game and maybe one was there. We had problems with him last year too , I'm surprised he was even allocated to us.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:55 am

F.C how many of the B grade umpires would actually know about the melee rule im not having a go at anyone here on this but i would like to see the league work with the clubs and get these B grade umpires some trainning to understand the rules correctly...and third man in is what causes all the fights a umpire can deal with 2 knuckles head easier then team v team

if the SAAFL were to do a survey at this point of time how many B grade umpires would know where trainning is held and what night it is on ?
Last edited by Robb_Stark on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:58 am

Rugby League, the 3rd person in always gets sin binned regardless of how heavy or little the impact is. Generally the 3rd person in is what causes incidents to escalate, so I can't see anything wrong with it.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:05 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Rugby League, the 3rd person in always gets sin binned regardless of how heavy or little the impact is. Generally the 3rd person in is what causes incidents to escalate, so I can't see anything wrong with it.

Indeed at the meeting at the start of the season the League advised all clubs that this was the rule from hereon in. No excuse for anyone to be unaware of it.

Good rule too.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1205 times
Been liked: 726 times

Postby ramming23 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:28 pm

jo172 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Indeed at the meeting at the start of the season the League advised all clubs that this was the rule from hereon in. No excuse for anyone to be unaware of it.

Good rule too.

Well our player was the 4th player in because Pulteney had the 3rd man run over, so my confusion over this situation is why the Glenunga player has been reported when Pulteney had their player involve himself in what was a fine 1 on 1.. Umpire was watching the whole thing and failed to take control but magically reports our player. #giveusneutralumpires
ramming23
Rookie

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:31 pm

It's a tricky one without seeing it, but it could be a mixture of the B grade umps being a bit clueless.... OR

Your bloke may have run in and manhandled a pulteney bloke, where as the 3rd man in only tried to pull his own bloke off*

;)

Footy Chick

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:39 pm

Hey FC and any other Hope Valley peeps dust off your flippers for this week's game as I've heard you are not playing football this week but water polo ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:01 pm

No shit - I knew back as soon as I saw the draw back in Feb that we'd have rain of monumental Noah's Ark type proportions this weekend.

Just as it does every time we have to play at Morgan Oval :?

Footy Chick

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:It's a tricky one without seeing it, but it could be a mixture of the B grade umps being a bit clueless.... OR

Your bloke may have run in and manhandled a pulteney bloke, where as the 3rd man in only tried to pull his own bloke off*

;)

Pulteney umpire is bad he made a lot of errors and even defended his decisions like no free kick for kicking in danger or pushes in the back or holding his answer part of the game dead set pecker
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Browny25 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Robran wrote:Daniel hickey will be staying at sedan and as for the question of ladder position what do u think go to a very strong club with every chance of winning the flag or back to blodge who unfortunately are heading in the wrong direction...

I know what you are trying to say but in my opinion "Wrong direction" are the incorrect words.

May some dumb, but we think we are heading in the right direction :)
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Cohiba » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:42 pm

ramming23 wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Good rule too.

Well our player was the 4th player in because Pulteney had the 3rd man run over, so my confusion over this situation is why the Glenunga player has been reported when Pulteney had their player involve himself in what was a fine 1 on 1.. Umpire was watching the whole thing and failed to take control but magically reports our player. #giveusneutralumpires

Maybe the ump just doesn't like Glenunga.... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Hills Football League SA going to Salisbury West Hickey, Daniel Pending 2014-06-24
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby ramming23 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:26 pm

It's all good everyone, you'll be happy to know our player was given 2 games for a bump. It honestly makes me sick. SAAFL need to lose the AFL attitude and stop ruining our game. If the umpire took control of the situation at the time and stopped the third player from Pulteney the situation wouldn't have happened in the first place, but to rub someone out for 2 weeks over a bump that was graded LOW impact in comparison to striking charges that only get 1. It's an absolute joke. Might start telling some of our boys to just take up ballet.
ramming23
Rookie

Postby norm11 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:38 am

Let's get onto the big topic. The top of the table clash. I would be interested in everyone's thoughts on this game.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League