VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Adelaide Footy League Talk

VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Postby marbles » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:05 pm

the 1st discussion brought great debate, and since has caused enhancements to the model

PROBLEM #1

"Clubs with C-Grade & D-Grade sides who have to play against A-Grade club are losing players rapidly, 4 Div 1 & 2 clubs in the last 14 months have forfeited their D-Grade sides" - TTG, Broadview, Flinders Park, SHOCS

# Next season faces a dilemma with the likeliness of these Div 7 C-Grade participants (Shocs, Smosh, Modbury, Flinders Parks and possibly henley) wanting to no longer playing agrade clubs and will be wanting to go to div 8. Here having their cgraders play cgraders only will means players will stick and wont be turned off from the game. clubs want to attract & keep players. a rising participation rate at any club is always the goal

# This means Div 7 next season may only have 5 teams - North Pines, Mitchell Park, Angle Vale, Flinders Uni & Adelaide Uni
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (49.14 KiB) Viewed 7297 times

PROBLEM #2

# Clubs are on the brink having only 1 team and may not be capable of reforming a 2nd side next season. Kilburn, Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni, Wingfield, even Angle Vale?
(this problem, we will hold hope and believe theyll be fine next year)

PROBLEM #3
# Developing lower division A-Grade clubs are having premierships taken away from their club development, because C & D Grade sides are consistently winning grand finals in div 7. The 8 of the last 10 flags in the last 5 years have been won by thirds & fourths sides. These lower agrade clubs have missed out on glory halting their development & success

A SOLUTION

# 7 Pure A-Grade divisions...

Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (99.49 KiB) Viewed 7297 times

# Having byes moved into each division will cause an uproar by individuals. but the league is bigger than one poor club who may have to take a week off once in a while

# Having byes like this also offers opportunities to invite new fully established clubs to the SAAFL and allow them to fill the Div 3 bye. For example Brighton may consider the Div 3 invitation, where theres no way in the world it would join a vacancy in Div 7. MArion could join Div 4, or Morphettville or Blackwood etc. By 2016 these byes could be filled.

# The Super C-Grade divisions will see participation rates back to where they should be or even better - BECAUSE boys who just want a kick and catch in the C-Grade wont be turned off by having to get smashed by some supreme a-grader - it will be C-Grader vs C-Grader only and that is highly appetizing for a c-grader

# essentially the only consequence to most a-grade clubs is that theyll have to take a week off twice a year.

# also some clubs may go down a division. but maybe in the following season, the league could declare that 3 sides will be promoted & relegated just to return a clubs to their true standing across the divisions for the following 2016 season.

# a runner up in this years grand finals will not be able to be promoted, and the premier will be gifted a chance in the higher div

# please see the solution chart to see how many teams in each div needs to be relegated.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Postby X Runna » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:54 pm

marbles wrote:the 1st discussion brought great debate, and since has caused enhancements to the model

PROBLEM #1

"Clubs with C-Grade & D-Grade sides who have to play against A-Grade club are losing players rapidly, 4 Div 1 & 2 clubs in the last 14 months have forfeited their D-Grade sides" - TTG, Broadview, Flinders Park, SHOCS

# Next season faces a dilemma with the likeliness of these Div 7 C-Grade participants (Shocs, Smosh, Modbury, Flinders Parks and possibly henley) wanting to no longer playing agrade clubs and will be wanting to go to div 8. Here having their cgraders play cgraders only will means players will stick and wont be turned off from the game. clubs want to attract & keep players. a rising participation rate at any club is always the goal

# This means Div 7 next season may only have 5 teams - North Pines, Mitchell Park, Angle Vale, Flinders Uni & Adelaide Uni
Untitled-1.jpg

PROBLEM #2

# Clubs are on the brink having only 1 team and may not be capable of reforming a 2nd side next season. Kilburn, Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni, Wingfield, even Angle Vale?
(this problem, we will hold hope and believe theyll be fine next year)

PROBLEM #3
# Developing lower division A-Grade clubs are having premierships taken away from their club development, because C & D Grade sides are consistently winning grand finals in div 7. The 8 of the last 10 flags in the last 5 years have been won by thirds & fourths sides. These lower agrade clubs have missed out on glory halting their development & success

A SOLUTION

# 7 Pure A-Grade divisions...

Untitled-2.jpg

# Having byes moved into each division will cause an uproar by individuals. but the league is bigger than one poor club who may have to take a week off once in a while

# Having byes like this also offers opportunities to invite new fully established clubs to the SAAFL and allow them to fill the Div 3 bye. For example Brighton may consider the Div 3 invitation, where theres no way in the world it would join a vacancy in Div 7. MArion could join Div 4, or Morphettville or Blackwood etc. By 2016 these byes could be filled.

# The Super C-Grade divisions will see participation rates back to where they should be or even better - BECAUSE boys who just want a kick and catch in the C-Grade wont be turned off by having to get smashed by some supreme a-grader - it will be C-Grader vs C-Grader only and that is highly appetizing for a c-grader

# essentially the only consequence to most a-grade clubs is that theyll have to take a week off twice a year.

# also some clubs may go down a division. but maybe in the following season, the league could declare that 3 sides will be promoted & relegated just to return a clubs to their true standing across the divisions for the following 2016 season.

# a runner up in this years grand finals will not be able to be promoted, and the premier will be gifted a chance in the higher div

# please see the solution chart to see how many teams in each div needs to be relegated.

The league is also bigger than one club who above all others is insistent on having their own little competition. Or are Henley the Collingwood of the SAAFL. Get over it and let the league handle it as they have for the past x number of years.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby jo172 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:18 am

I still need to see myself some of these "supreme athlete" Div 7 players.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:33 am

Why are C/D grade participation rates low if they keep winning D7 flags?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby jo172 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:43 am

Q. wrote:Why are C/D grade participation rates low if they keep winning D7 flags?

I like how marbles can tell us with a straight face that C/D grades are getting pumped by supreme athletes and in the same breath say that C/D grades are "stealing" d7 flags.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:52 am

You know what that means, these C/D grade teams are undergoing systematic peptide regimes.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Arrow » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:56 am

i believe Rocs and Unley are having 4 sides next year.
The Arrow
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:57 am

How come Henley only had 19 on their team sheet for D7 when their D7R had a forfeit? Their D grade only interested in sandbagging?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:13 am

The Arrow wrote:i believe Rocs and Unley are having 4 sides next year.

Haha bang there it is, your gonna wanna get in quick cos there arent many places to fill in div 9

That now makes...

Salisbury
Hope Valley
ROCS
Unley
Adelaide Uni E & F Grades
#vacant
#vacant
#vacant
#vacant

ONLY 4 PLACES LEFT!!!

wink wink (Flinders Park, Broadview, Ingle Farm, C1 sides etc etc)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:18 am

NOTE: if kilburn fail to affiliate again, thats another BYE or VOID in the comp - therefore an additional bye would also have to be introduced into div 2.

Would brighton turn down an invitation to Division 2?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:48 am

jo172 wrote:
Q. wrote:Why are C/D grade participation rates low if they keep winning D7 flags?

I like how marbles can tell us with a straight face that C/D grades are getting pumped by supreme athletes and in the same breath say that C/D grades are "stealing" d7 flags.
it's a rare talent to be able argue two completely contradictory points, seamlessly, and not blink an eye.

It's almost as if he has some sort of split personality.

Do you flip a coin to decide which like of argument you're going to use each time you post marby?
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:06 am

And why do you continue to ignore Adelaide Uni for your C grade comp. It makes a mockery of everything you're trying to say.

Is it because you know they have Henleys measure and therefore it doesn't fit your true agenda - a comp the sandbags can dominate...
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:21 am

marbles wrote:# a runner up in this years grand finals will not be able to be promoted, and the premier will be gifted a chance in the higher div

You're cooked. Clubs bust their arses the whole year around to try and get promoted - especially the clubs in the lower divs - now for the sake of your pure A grade divisions only you want to deny clubs that opportunity?!

Here's an idea - if you dont want to play vs A grade teams, how about you just nominate a C grade to sand bag in C4 and dont bother entering sides in D7 or 8 because at the moment you are the ONLY person who is pushing this, even other members at Henley appear not to agree.

You my friend are the minority, so either pull into line of f**k off! :twisted:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:43 pm

the league is in crisis, its eroding have u noticed

i think as long as your club is going along nicely who gives a toss what is happening elsewhere, your certainly making that obvious. just a hostile little simpleton crying in his own backyard and u obviously dont give a damn if next door is burning down. your theory is probably - burn them all, long live the farmers, am i right??

u need to enlarge your scope PG, and whether u do or not aint gonna mean shit when the league decides which way it needs to go. for your backyard is 1/60th factor of their considerations.

morell wrote:And why do you continue to ignore Adelaide Uni for your C grade comp. It makes a mockery of everything you're trying to say.

Is it because you know they have Henleys measure and therefore it doesn't fit your true agenda - a comp the sandbags can dominate...

im quite happy for uni to be in. its them who publicly refuse to break ties and having 7 teams they are little bit welcome or qualified to be given that ticket dont you think.

morell wrote:
jo172 wrote:

it's a rare talent to be able argue two completely contradictory points, seamlessly, and not blink an eye.

Do you flip a coin to decide which like of argument you're going to use each time you post marby?

maybe, somedays i represent my own interests some days i represent yours.

ALSO NOTE: For every 50 readers on here, there may be 1 or 2 of those who may comment.

C-Graders are people too and there are plenty of them. PLUS they pay subs, unlike your a-grade soldiers, and they want whats best for their money, do they really wanna pay money to be smashed up by your agrade warriors every second week? i doubt it - hence why we are seeing the erosion of the participation rate
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:52 pm

marbles wrote:C-Graders are people too and there are plenty of them. PLUS they pay subs, unlike your a-grade soldiers, and they want whats best for their money, do they really wanna pay money to be smashed up by your agrade warriors every second week? i doubt it - hence why we are seeing the erosion of the participation rate

No, they want to steal the Div 7 A Grade club's flags! Like they do most years!
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby X Runna » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:56 pm

jo172 wrote:
marbles wrote:C-Graders are people too and there are plenty of them. PLUS they pay subs, unlike your a-grade soldiers, and they want whats best for their money, do they really wanna pay money to be smashed up by your agrade warriors every second week? i doubt it - hence why we are seeing the erosion of the participation rate

More to the point Div 7 clubs' B Grade flags
X Runna
Reserves

Postby X Runna » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:00 pm

marbles wrote:the league is in crisis, its eroding have u noticed

i think as long as your club is going along nicely who gives a toss what is happening elsewhere, your certainly making that obvious. just a hostile little simpleton crying in his own backyard and u obviously dont give a damn if next door is burning down. your theory is probably - burn them all, long live the farmers, am i right??

u need to enlarge your scope PG, and whether u do or not aint gonna mean shit when the league decides which way it needs to go. for your backyard is 1/60th factor of their considerations.

morell wrote:And why do you continue to ignore Adelaide Uni for your C grade comp. It makes a mockery of everything you're trying to say.

im quite happy for uni to be in. its them who publicly refuse to break ties and having 7 teams they are little bit welcome or qualified to be given that ticket dont you think.

morell wrote:
jo172 wrote:

maybe, somedays i represent my own interests some days i represent yours.

ALSO NOTE: For every 50 readers on here, there may be 1 or 2 of those who may comment.

C-Graders are people too and there are plenty of them. PLUS they pay subs, unlike your a-grade soldiers, and they want whats best for their money, do they really wanna pay money to be smashed up by your agrade warriors every second week? i doubt it - hence why we are seeing the erosion of the participation rate

No D**khead - we have worked bloody hard to be competitive in the competitions we have been allocated to - we are not looking for the easy way out just to satisfy ourselves as you are.
X Runna
Reserves

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:01 pm

marbles wrote:the league is in crisis, its eroding have u noticed

Yes you are probably correct.

marbles wrote:i think as long as your club is going along nicely who gives a toss what is happening elsewhere, your certainly making that obvious. just a hostile little simpleton crying in his own backyard and u obviously dont give a damn if next door is burning down. your theory is probably - burn them all, long live the farmers, am i right??
Whether the club is going along nicely or not, you are correct I don't give a toss about any other clubs and what is happening in their backyards - it's not my concern, it doesn't have anything to do with me. My concern is MY club.

Quite funny that you say that though, because as previously mentioned, it seems to be what is the best interests of YOUR club that continues to drive your arguement.

marbles wrote:u need to enlarge your scope PG, and whether u do or not aint gonna mean shit when the league decides which way it needs to go.
No doubt, and if the league was to move in a certain direction I have no doubts that my club would support the league and continue to work on our improvement - but we aren't going to go out and start petitioning for a change for the sake of a minority.
marbles wrote: for your backyard is 1/60th factor of their considerations.
As is yours
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby marbles » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:03 pm

jo172 wrote:

jo172 wrote:

thats right boys - you are so right there

your little battler clubs need success to build and grow stronger - as proven in the last 5 years 8 of the last div 7 10 flags in your reach have been taken by Div 1 thirds & fourths sides - success & development has been taken from you

you are so close to seeing the light - gel with me and accept how much better off you are without the div 1 gangsters
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:03 pm

As for your point about stealing A grade club flags - I have not seen ONE SINGLE club whinge because they got knocked off in a GF from a C grade side!

Dont be bitter, be better
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League