SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:47 pm

LOL I see our 18's were scheduled to play Smithfield this week as well... Forfeits and weeks off all round for everyone!! :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby morell » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:14 pm

beeroclock wrote:
morell wrote:Yeah exactly Senor, what is better, the possibility of an extra 3% or a week off.

I know what I would prefer.

3% and a week off all rolled into one.
Poor form by AV.
You miss the point, do try and keep up. Its an extra 3% if they had of played and smashed them, given Senor's example.

And how is it poor form? If they can't field a side, they can't field a side!! I wouldn't rule out a Mitchell Park forfeit later in the year if we cop some more injuries. If it wasn't for Flinders Uni last week it would have been then...

The only poor form I am seeing is Ingle Farm people complaining not being told earlier and potentially losing 3% while a club is on its deathbed.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
morell wrote:Yeah exactly Senor, what is better, the possibility of an extra 3% or a week off.

Yeah, freshen up before we play Mitchell Park next week. :D
Ah well, I guess we'll just have to mop up our tears with the T Shirts from the 2002 Grand Final.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby beeroclock » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:34 pm

morell wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

Poor form by AV.
You miss the point, do try and keep up. Its an extra 3% if they had of played and smashed them, given Senor's example.

And how is it poor form? If they can't field a side, they can't field a side!! I wouldn't rule out a Mitchell Park forfeit later in the year if we cop some more injuries. If it wasn't for Flinders Uni last week it would have been then...

The only poor form I am seeing is Ingle Farm people complaining not being told earlier and potentially losing 3% while a club is on its deathbed.

Poor form because they fielded two sides last week.
Mate I don't care about % to tell ya the truth.
My last post was tongue in check primarily.
I think they should stand up as a club and show some knackers no matter how much they get beat by.
What would your club do OH mighty one?
Forfeit both sides or make sure you had enough to represent the face of your club?
By the way you made every endeavour to make sure your club survived.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby beeroclock » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:49 pm

morell wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Ah well, I guess we'll just have to mop up our tears with the T Shirts from the 2002 Grand Final.

I will mop up your tears next week after pulling your clubs pants down and spanking you blokes in every year you blokes were in SAFA.
Grow up Morell.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:06 pm

beeroclock wrote:
morell wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

I will mop up your tears next week after pulling your clubs pants down and spanking you blokes in every year you blokes were in SAFA.
Grow up Morell.

1988 SAFA ladder...

Edwardstown
Flinders Park
Brighton
Henley District
Payneham
Pooraka
Mitchell Park
Walkerville
Athelstone
Norwood Districts
Elizabeth
Ingle Farm

ingle farm were always div 2 safa every other year from 1983 onwards mitchells always div 1
Last edited by marbles on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:07 pm

morell wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

Poor form by AV.

Better not forfeit next week morell :P

Correct about the complaining part, although don't think it's as bad as what you make it sound - not being told earlier is an annoyance, and that has only been mentioned once. The percentage part may seem trivial to you, but in the greater scheme of things where 1-4 are so tight it could well be the difference between a week off in the finals or an elimination final straight up.

As for Angle Vale being on their deathbed, it is certainly unfortunate and I hope they can turn it around in the future, but don't expect people to treat them any different. Don't see Kilburn or Brahma Lodge or even Mitchell Park being shown any preferential treatment or niceness because of their struggles.

I played in several seasons at Ingle Farm during the dark years recently, copping 30+ goal floggings weekly and declining down the divisions, and I can assure you it didn't stop people from other clubs sticking the boots in where they could or enjoying their percentage boosting wins.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:09 pm

Bloody SAFA.. F**k it, this is the 2000's, stop living in the past beeroclock, you're showing your age! :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:12 pm

beeroclock wrote:
morell wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

Poor form by AV.

Poor form because they fielded two sides last week.
Mate I don't care about % to tell ya the truth.
My last post was tongue in check primarily.
I think they should stand up as a club and show some knackers no matter how much they get beat by.
What would your club do OH mighty one?
Forfeit both sides or make sure you had enough to represent the face of your club?
By the way you made every endeavour to make sure your club survived.

They may have played 2 games last week but they had about a dozen blokes play 2 games.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Cohiba » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I was under the impression that lowest grade forfeits first and then moves up.

You can't forfeit C's and field a D grade although I seem to recall an incident with Mudbery a few years back.

Rules could've changed since then though.

I couldn't find a specific rule stating that in R & R's, but common sense would say that's how it should be......we hope....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:31 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I was under the impression that lowest grade forfeits first and then moves up.

You can't forfeit C's and field a D grade although I seem to recall an incident with Mudbery a few years back.

I couldn't find a specific rule stating that in R & R's, but common sense would say that's how it should be......we hope....

Both grades forfeited so what's it matter?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:23 pm

A Member Club may only forfeit their lowest Division team(s). Failure to do so shall result in the forfeiting team(s)
and any of the same Member Club teams playing in any Divisions lower in the same round losing all points for such matches and
shall be debited with 60 points “against” in the premiership table in all such applicable Divisions.

This rule was brought in after Goodwood Saints forfeited their C Grade in a match against Broadview's C Grade in 1996 after fielding & playing their D Grade in the early game. At the time no rule existed to stop this from happening, it was just expected that you would forfeit your lowest sides and not that many clubs had 4 sides back them approx 6-8 clubs had 4 or more sides then.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:15 pm

frikken goodwood sandbaggers!
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:24 pm

marbles wrote:frikken goodwood sandbaggers!

Wouldn't have happened if marbles super C grade was around back then lol
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby X Runna » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

FFS PG, now we have to go through another 3 weeks of irrelevant bullsh*t............
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Cohiba » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:30 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

Bickle's post.......well i heard on the grape vine that they had a B grade side but only about 8 A graders, which makes me wonder why they didnt pull the B's........strange call.
No mention of both sides forfeiting PG..... and if doesn't matter to you ....why did you bother....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby marbles » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:32 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

haha long live the goodwood dgrade! we miss u & are here for u to rise, thrive, strive again :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:57 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

Bickle's post.......well i heard on the grape vine that they had a B grade side but only about 8 A graders, which makes me wonder why they didnt pull the B's........strange call.
No mention of both sides forfeiting PG..... and if doesn't matter to you ....why did you bother....

I said at the very start both sides forfeited so pay attention.. I bothered because I was confused why such a discussion was taking place when it anyway who was paying attention knew that both sides had been canned and the relevance of which side should forfeit was irrelevant.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby old fullback » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:08 am

Marbles, Beeroclocks team is higher on that ladder than Mitchell Park(the one you posted from the SAFA) and yes they did beat them every year in SAFA, who said Beeroclock played for Ingle Farm back in the SAFA days, his tem was a beauty no Bull..
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby beeroclock » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:16 am

old fullback wrote:Marbles, Beeroclocks team is higher on that ladder than Mitchell Park(the one you posted from the SAFA) and yes they did beat them every year in SAFA, who said Beeroclock played for Ingle Farm back in the SAFA days, his tem was a beauty no Bull..

Gee I hope you blokes spank the living shite out of them next week.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League