SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby woofwoof » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
giffo wrote:
carey wrote: I made it clear to the playing group if I heard one bloke blame anything else but them/ourselves I'd punch who ever said it straight in the mouth. Love the time keeper or hate him he does it week in week out for the love of the club. Volenters are extremily hard to come by.

I actually heard those exact words coming from Careys mouth after the game and was quite impressed. Was a weird feeling after the game, I must admit. Don't know if anyone else realised but the second quarter went over by about 4 1/2 minutes. I then jokingly said to our manager " I wonder if they actually do time off/time on or just blow the siren at somewhere around the 28 minute mark"

I'm pretty sure they asked us if we wanted to play straight 20 something minutes and not do time on.

Im sure he asked did you want to play a straight 27min 1/4s, others teams have done this in the last couple of seasons, stops the 40 min quarters you get a t bos.
woofwoof

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby zedman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:35 pm

woofwoof wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
giffo wrote:
carey wrote: I made it clear to the playing group if I heard one bloke blame anything else but them/ourselves I'd punch who ever said it straight in the mouth. Love the time keeper or hate him he does it week in week out for the love of the club. Volenters are extremily hard to come by.

I actually heard those exact words coming from Careys mouth after the game and was quite impressed. Was a weird feeling after the game, I must admit. Don't know if anyone else realised but the second quarter went over by about 4 1/2 minutes. I then jokingly said to our manager " I wonder if they actually do time off/time on or just blow the siren at somewhere around the 28 minute mark"

I'm pretty sure they asked us if we wanted to play straight 20 something minutes and not do time on.

Im sure he asked did you want to play a straight 27min 1/4s, others teams have done this in the last couple of seasons, stops the 40 min quarters you get a t bos.

zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Cohiba » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Flat quarters with the allowance of time on/off as the umpire(s) see fit e.g slow ball return after goal or serious injury... I like it.

Really.....who is going to define "slow" ball return...Good luck in getting a consensus on that one......and by serious injury do we mean a compound fracture or just some loud screaming from someone clutching his nuts..... :roll:
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Whos that with the pink hair?

Lucky for him he goes hard and can play. Most would get heaps thrown at them for turning up like that, but he just goes hard at the footy and uses it well too.

And PG our last 2 weeks have been camouflaged by our oppositions injury list and wet weather. 3 goals to 1 at 1/4 time Saty then 24 to zip. If that's improvement then I'm watching the wrong game. Ingle Farm by lots. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby giffo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:29 pm

Could be a quiet day at Lockleys this Saturday. With the C's meant to be playing Hectorville and the A's & B's playing Angle Vale and all those sides forfeiting last weekend, it doesn't look good for our home triple-header.
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:42 pm

giffo wrote:Could be a quiet day at Lockleys this Saturday. With the C's meant to be playing Hectorville and the A's & B's playing Angle Vale and all those sides forfeiting last weekend, it doesn't look good for our home triple-header.

Same with Ingle Farm on weekend...
A Grade forfeit against Angle Vale
B Grade forfeit against Angle Vale
C Grade forfeit against Hectorville
U18 forfeit against Smithfield

Not a great weekend. Hopefuly your boys get a game this weekend!
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 533 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Flat quarters with the allowance of time on/off as the umpire(s) see fit e.g slow ball return after goal or serious injury... I like it.

Really.....who is going to define "slow" ball return...Good luck in getting a consensus on that one......and by serious injury do we mean a compound fracture or just some loud screaming from someone clutching his nuts..... :roll:

Why does there need to be a consensus? What is wrong with putting the power in the hands of the umpire? Surely you can tell after a goal if the ball coming back is taking a while and affecting the game time... like when everyone is standing there in position waiting and waiting.

Serious injury, no different to the way B grade is at the moment - they dont have time off, but umpires do still blow for time off when an injured player is either affecting play/going to be in the way or a stretcher/assistance from the field is required. It's not rocket science
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:47 pm

Yank Man wrote:And PG our last 2 weeks have been camouflaged by our oppositions injury list and wet weather. 3 goals to 1 at 1/4 time Saty then 24 to zip. If that's improvement then I'm watching the wrong game. Ingle Farm by lots. ;)

I was just trying to be nice lol :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby beeroclock » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Whos that with the pink hair?

Lucky for him he goes hard and can play. Most would get heaps thrown at them for turning up like that, but he just goes hard at the footy and uses it well too.

And PG our last 2 weeks have been camouflaged by our oppositions injury list and wet weather. 3 goals to 1 at 1/4 time Saty then 24 to zip. If that's improvement then I'm watching the wrong game. Ingle Farm by lots. ;)

That's if MP turn up.
Morell did say don't be surprised if his club had to forfeit a game in the future.
Could this week be the one?
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby morell » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:54 pm

old farmer wrote:
morell wrote:30 minutes quarters!?! Who are you, Steve Moneghetti?

He must be allowing for when teams play Mitchell Park and kick 15 goals a quarter ;)
15 goals a quarter means 60 goals, but cool story bro. Good one.

beeroclock wrote:That's if MP turn up.
Morell did say don't be surprised if his club had to forfeit a game in the future.
Could this week be the one?
Hmmm...an opportunity to screw over Ingle Farm .... :-?
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:55 pm

lol no matter what goes on in the thread it always comes back to ingle farm :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
giffo wrote:Could be a quiet day at Lockleys this Saturday. With the C's meant to be playing Hectorville and the A's & B's playing Angle Vale and all those sides forfeiting last weekend, it doesn't look good for our home triple-header.

Must have been a massive pain in the arse re bar/canteen takings. At least you didn't miss out on A Grade home games I guess.

EDIT (I'm not without sympathy to the plight of Angle Vale it's just that well organised clubs will budget for those takings and the unforeseeable missing of games can impact the bottom line)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:38 pm

morell wrote:
old farmer wrote:He must be allowing for when teams play Mitchell Park and kick 15 goals a quarter ;)
?

He did say kick 15 goals in a quarter, didn't say it had to be every quarter of the match :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
morell wrote:
old farmer wrote:He must be allowing for when teams play Mitchell Park and kick 15 goals a quarter ;)
?

He did say kick 15 goals in a quarter, didn't say it had to be every quarter of the match :D

Hahaha, no but Rosewater got close in round 2.

Don't worry Farmers we WILL turn up and so will the crabs. Hopefully we can pass them on. :D :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby X Runna » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:05 pm

jo172 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Must have been a massive pain in the arse re bar/canteen takings. At least you didn't miss out on A Grade home games I guess.

EDIT (I'm not without sympathy to the plight of Angle Vale it's just that well organised clubs will budget for those takings and the unforeseeable missing of games can impact the bottom line)

Sadly the loss of income doesn't only equate to home clubs, we would normally have 100+ people at presentation & still 30 there at 10:00pm, the club wasn't even open Saturday night......
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:36 pm

X Runna wrote:Sadly the loss of income doesn't only equate to home clubs, we would normally have 100+ people at presentation & still 30 there at 10:00pm, the club wasn't even open Saturday night......

:shock: :? Don't let the truth get in the way of a good yarn ay.. Slightly embellished :lol: :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:01 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

Why does there need to be a consensus? What is wrong with putting the power in the hands of the umpire? Surely you can tell after a goal if the ball coming back is taking a while and affecting the game time... like when everyone is standing there in position waiting and waiting.

Serious injury, no different to the way B grade is at the moment - they dont have time off, but umpires do still blow for time off when an injured player is either affecting play/going to be in the way or a stretcher/assistance from the field is required. It's not rocket science

It seems your suggesting umpires interpret the rules consistently and in a unified manner......My observations are that umpires are not exactly glorified on this forum for their power to uniformly to interpret the existing rules week in week out... Saying that, I actually believe the umpiring that I have seen in recent years has improved markedly.

My point regarding consensus is that no two umpires will interpret a "slow play" the same way and whether they act or fail to act will become more a point of conjecture than not upon which they will cop a hiding from. e.g. drilling goals from a set shot close in front of the sticks to some fifty meters beyond the posts onto a roadway or into a creek or a suspect out on the full to eat up the clock......would you say that is time wasting or in the normal course of play as it is in the B's for which the umps do not call time on......

And I'd bet there more than a couple of old stagers who would know how to hold up the oppositions momentum with a dickey knee calling for a halt to play.....not hard as many on here think the umps haven't got a clue anyway....

Using club volunteers to time manage whilst is questionable at times, I think it its the lesser of two evils when using time off and on.....IMO. No biggie...
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby X Runna » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:32 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

It seems your suggesting umpires interpret the rules consistently and in a unified manner......My observations are that umpires are not exactly glorified on this forum for their power to uniformly to interpret the existing rules week in week out... Saying that, I actually believe the umpiring that I have seen in recent years has improved markedly.

My point regarding consensus is that no two umpires will interpret a "slow play" the same way and whether they act or fail to act will become more a point of conjecture than not upon which they will cop a hiding from. e.g. drilling goals from a set shot close in front of the sticks to some fifty meters beyond the posts onto a roadway or into a creek or a suspect out on the full to eat up the clock......would you say that is time wasting or in the normal course of play as it is in the B's for which the umps do not call time on......

And I'd bet there more than a couple of old stagers who would know how to hold up the oppositions momentum with a dickey knee calling for a halt to play.....not hard as many on here think the umps haven't got a clue anyway....

Using club volunteers to time manage whilst is questionable at times, I think it its the lesser of two evils when using time off and on.....IMO. No biggie...

;)
X Runna
Reserves

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:03 am

Quote "Flat quarters with the allowance of time on/off as the umpire(s) see fit e.g slow ball return after goal or serious injury"

With serious injury (what ever their ruling) it would be the umpire's call and can signal it immediately to the time keeper. What happens with 'slow play' eg getting the ball back to the centre. An umpire will not if there is an unacceptable time or not until after the event and then how do they communicate to the time keeper how much extra time will need to be played. If you want to go this way you need to go the way of soccer and get the umpire to time keep. Then it would be completely neutral and no team could complain.
From all of my time involved with the game i can only remember a couple of times when there has been really bad time keeping. Maybe most of the games haven't been close enough for the time keeper to influence the result, but I believe that most are making a mountain out of a mole hill. As others have said if a time keeper from each club get together there should be little problems.
Only trouble with the umpire doing the time keeping is that they need to spend all their time trying to umpire and I would hate to see their performance if they had to do 2 jobs at the same time.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby X Runna » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:03 am

[quote="The Old Fellow"]Quote "Flat quarters with the allowance of time on/off as the umpire(s) see fit e.g slow ball return after goal or serious injury"

With serious injury (what ever their ruling) it would be the umpire's call and can signal it immediately to the time keeper. What happens with 'slow play' eg getting the ball back to the centre. An umpire will not if there is an unacceptable time or not until after the event and then how do they communicate to the time keeper how much extra time will need to be played. If you want to go this way you need to go the way of soccer and get the umpire to time keep. Then it would be completely neutral and no team could complain.
From all of my time involved with the game i can only remember a couple of times when there has been really bad time keeping. Maybe most of the games haven't been close enough for the time keeper to influence the result, but I believe that most are making a mountain out of a mole hill. As others have said if a time keeper from each club get together there should be little problems.
Only trouble with the umpire doing the time keeping is that they need to spend all their time trying to umpire and I would hate to see their performance if they had to do 2 jobs at the same time.[/quote

Like paying attention enough to give out at least semi-realistic association medal votes? ](*,)
X Runna
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League