SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Q. » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:37 pm

So, looking unlikely that Flinders Uni will field teams next year?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Probably Natter recruiting at the game last Saturday. :D

Mitchell Park Crabby Lions relocating to KI? :P

Nah, just crabs, he didn't see anyone from MP worth taking lol. :D

:lol: ouch!

Did MP rest Morell? :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:53 pm

someguy1 wrote:Just a once off for the Uni boys for this game. They'll all be back next year.

Shh dont go ruining a good conspiracy with facts! :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:54 pm

someguy1 wrote:Just a once off for the Uni boys for this game. They'll all be back next year.

Hahaha, yeah we know that, now you've gone and spoilt the whole gossip page someguy1 :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:57 pm

Yank Man wrote:

Hahaha, yeah we know that, now you've gone and spoilt the whole gossip page someguy1 :D

Bloody amateurs :-Q
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby giffo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Will the D6 forum hit the lofty heights of 201 pages of insightful wisdom again next year with the loss of Morrell & Yank Man to Div7? That's 3 times more than the next best of D7 at 63 pages.
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Arch44 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:22 pm

giffo wrote:Will the D6 forum hit the lofty heights of 201 pages of insightful wisdom again next year with the loss of Morrell & Yank Man to Div7? That's 3 times more than the next best of D7 at 63 pages.

Possibly not but Div6 could still retain Phantom Gossiper to keep things rolling a long.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby morell » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:44 pm

We can still make guest appearances to ensure the dialog is of suitable standard. Especially if you lot start arguing about things you don't know anything about. :P

Woody Harrelson is coming up remember, so that'll help.

Also, I've heard different RE the FU boys and that they're playing on the island next year, but my source is most definitely short, tubby, dim witted and hairy.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:46 pm

morell wrote:Also, I've heard different RE the FU boys and that they're playing on the island next year, but my source is most definitely short, tubby, dim witted and hairy.

:-k Well that rules out Nat :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:47 pm

Arch44 wrote:
giffo wrote:Will the D6 forum hit the lofty heights of 201 pages of insightful wisdom again next year with the loss of Morrell & Yank Man to Div7? That's 3 times more than the next best of D7 at 63 pages.

Possibly not but Div6 could still retain Phantom Gossiper to keep things rolling a long.

Get red tins into carey on a more regular basis and i'm sure we will stay at these lofty heights! :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
morell wrote:Also, I've heard different RE the FU boys and that they're playing on the island next year, but my source is most definitely short, tubby, dim witted and hairy.

:-k Well that rules out Nat :lol:
Ok Ill give you a hint. Lets call him ... "Mr Steele". No thats too obvious. Just make it "Brad".

It definitely wasn't Brad Steele.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby marbles » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:39 pm

PG & mbk to div 5
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:09 pm

PG - tops!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:06 pm

morell wrote:We can still make guest appearances to ensure the dialog is of suitable standard. Especially if you lot start arguing about things you don't know anything about. :P

Woody Harrelson is coming up remember, so that'll help.

Also, I've heard different RE the FU boys and that they're playing on the island next year, but my source is most definitely short, tubby, dim witted and hairy.

How could you believe anything he says, really, the Uni boys were saying Saturday that the lads were going home to play some cameos in the last round. Nice gesture to clear them I reckon and let's face it the KI clubs couldn't afford the plane fares to get them back next year and the Uni boys couldn't afford the sealink fares, anyone who has taken the car and the missus on the ferry knows it cost about $350.00 return.... times by 12 games = way too much. Nat Mac must be really special. :prayer:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby carey » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Arch44 wrote:

Get red tins into carey on a more regular basis and i'm sure we will stay at these lofty heights! :D

Lol :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:57 pm

Even the rangers? Perhaps bluey makes a comeback for the bloodnuts?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm

Numerous teams on KI find it hard to field reserves teams much like many other remote country areas. sealink have been a great sponsor of the league for a long time and all clubs get a certain amount of free trips on the ferry. So anyone that's willing to put there hand up for a kick would get free transport.
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Yank Man » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Freo HeaveHo wrote:Numerous teams on KI find it hard to field reserves teams much like many other remote country areas. sealink have been a great sponsor of the league for a long time and all clubs get a certain amount of free trips on the ferry. So anyone that's willing to put there hand up for a kick would get free transport.

Thanks for that FreoHeaveHo, sorry mate but it was very much said tongue in cheek. The sealink bus comes pass my house every day and I know what they do even for my local community, it was more a dig at Natter. He's having a ball this year and really enjoying his footy on the island. Good on him, I love him dearly and after all he was my premiership skipper. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm sure he would be .... They hate the drink over there
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:42 am

Beautiful time of the year. Those annoying hayfever episodes, longer days and the aroma of freshly cut grass on the gentle affable breeze. Ah yes finals time is here! The time when dreams are crushed or realised, heroes found and bonds made lasting a life time.

Let's kick it off and straight into it, such a wonderful round of games deserves no delays.

Elimination Final
Rosewater v Fitzroy: Knock out final, for one of these sides their season will be all over red rover come late Saturday afternoon - the other the dream remains alive for another week. Both were touted as clubs to beat pre-season, plenty was made of Rosewaters decision to splash some cash and recruit heavily for the betterment of their club and to increase their chances to get out of 6. Unforutnately a mid season form slump combined with the even nature of the top 4 seen the 'Dogs slip back to 4th position and make the task more difficult. Fitzroy have struggled over the season, and have been on the wrong end of some larger margins, but a solid final 6 weeks has seen them manage to squeeze their noses into the 5. Defeated Rosewater only a couple of weeks ago, will have the Lions quietly confident heading to enemy territroy for this clash. A dangerous forward line which welcomes back Hargraves to support McLean, complimented by Keast, Nelson and Rayner around the ground provides the 'Roys with plenty of potential match minners and after 18 rounds finally they appear to be at full strength - a worrying sign for other sides.
Rosewater at home will be ready for this match though, Williams bringing up the 100 last week will help ease that burden. As has been previously mentioned, Thomas appears to have thrived in the ruck in Schars abscence during the year, and will no doubt relish this opportunity once again. Medal hopeful Williams can expect some close attention, but with a swag of players with the ability to have a big influence on the match Fitzroy will need to be careful.
The burning question has to be is Rosewater too one dimensional? Is Williams their major focus and if he gets shut down how will they respond?

West Croydon v Ingle Farm: A big day of footy at Fawk Reserve with West Croydon's A and B grade home. The Hawks welcome back the Farmers who they gave a serious football lesson to only a matter of weeks ago. Arguably the most potent forward line in the division they have the firepower to destroy anyside - Blackfriars included. Happy to engage in a shoot out, this could be their achilles heel. Ingle Farm welcome back key defenders Smart and Long for this clash to help nullify the Hawks dangerous forwards, but the biggest key for the Farmers in this clash will start in the centre and if they can gain the ascedency in clearances it will go a long way to winning and is the best way to shut down the Hawks forwards. Unfortunately the downside, being a smaller ground will work against the 'Dogs and in favour of West Croydon, but might be the ideal time for Lynch to unleash that weapon of a kick of his. This should be a cracking encounter, with the winner earning a crack at BOS and chance to win through to a Grand Final AND Div 5 - the loser to face the confidence filled winner of the Elimination Final. Hard to see West Croydon slipping at home, but the margin should be dramatically closer than the last time.

West Croydon v Mawson Lakes: Interesting clash, my head says West Croydon the better situated side in this match up, but my gut says Mawson Lakes will win this one. The Hawks have played some fantastic football over the season, and claimed some big scalps along the way. There is no doubt they've earnt their moment in the sun here and the home final should have them up and about. However I feel that the downside to West Croydon is they perhaps carry a couple too many, and with Mawson Lakes back to the B grade side they had in the early rounds, they may well get exposed. Sumner v Ung should be a cracking contest, and whoever goes to Ralph will have their hands full. Weinert to give his on-ballers first use, but I question whether unlike their A grade counterparts, the Hawks have enough up forward to capitlise?
I'm still very bitter over the West Croydon v Ingle Farm clash a few weeks back, it's brewing in the pits of my stomach, I'll be hoping for a West Croydon win so we can potentially get another crack at them and right some wrongs.

Lockleys v Ingle Farm: Lockleys earnt the home final last week, giving the Farmers a lesson on their home turf with apparent ease. Permits or not, the 'Dees have a dangerous combination of players around the ground, and with Mitchell, Gatis, Olsen and Naley up forward, the Farmers defence will have their hands full all day. If anything like last week, expect Ascoli to swap up forward during the game - one of the best shots on goal i've seen this season, he will no doubt take his chances. Ingle Farm aren't without their share of match winners and tall timber though, and will welcome back Wills and Timpano from the A grade as well as Bedgegood and Wyman from injury. Hext and McMillan were brillant for the 'Dees last week, shutting down key forwards for the 'Dogs and will be key players again tomorrow. .
Lockleys ability to communicate and drop numbers back, and zone off was largely the difference week, but with finals it's a different ball game. A slight restructure should see better match ups around the ground, and the Lockleys ground will hold no fears for the 'Dogs who were victorius earlier in the season
I dare say it wont be the last time these two lock horns this season, and this will be a cracking encounter indeed.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League