Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Talk on the national game

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Postby bennymacca » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Not sure port were feeling that pressure :)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:04 pm

So typically Port Adelaide to hear that they keep requesting and crying foul about getting to wear the prison bars guernsey more often yet have a signed agreement with the AFL to not wear it and only be allowed to on permission from Collingwood (whether that's right or wrong is irrelevant as they have signed a contract agreeing)

#remindyouofstadiumdealdramas
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby RustyCage » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:21 pm

I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Hondo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:54 am

whufc wrote:So typically Port Adelaide to hear that they keep requesting and crying foul about getting to wear the prison bars guernsey more often yet have a signed agreement with the AFL to not wear it and only be allowed to on permission from Collingwood (whether that's right or wrong is irrelevant as they have signed a contract agreeing)

I hadn't heard of the prison bars coming up this year before last weekend? The complaining I thought was about not being able to wear their home strip not the prison bars.

I read it that they asked for Collingwood's permission only after the AFL said they had to wear white at home.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:07 am

Dont let truth get in the way of a good story Hondo.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:13 am

Hondo wrote:
whufc wrote:So typically Port Adelaide to hear that they keep requesting and crying foul about getting to wear the prison bars guernsey more often yet have a signed agreement with the AFL to not wear it and only be allowed to on permission from Collingwood (whether that's right or wrong is irrelevant as they have signed a contract agreeing)

I hadn't heard of the prison bars coming up this year before last weekend? The complaining I thought was about not being able to wear their home strip not the prison bars.

I read it that they asked for Collingwood's permission only after the AFL said they had to wear white at home.

Port didn't ask Collingwoods permission, the AFL did. Try that on for size... :shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:24 pm

Booney wrote:
Hondo wrote:

Port didn't ask Collingwoods permission, the AFL did. Try that on for size... :shock:

Not according to Eddie it was Port who made the initial contact with him
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:27 pm

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:
Hondo wrote:

Not according to Eddie it was Port who made the initial contact with him

Eddie probably thinks the World is flat, homophobia is a problem for people who don't like The Simpsons and that Nathan Buckley is the best coach in the AFL. Believe him if you want. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Just going off his public rant on the Eddie and dermie show last night, reckons even if its Russell Eberts 300th birthday he won't allow Port to wear the prison bars again (that's his actual quote)

I don't agree with it but it definatly sounds like port and the afl have signed a contract only allowing the prison bars if the magpies approve it
whufc
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:32 pm

whufc wrote:Just going off his public rant on the Eddie and dermie show last night, reckons even if its Russell Eberts 300th birthday he won't allow Port to wear the prison bars again (that's his actual quote)

I don't agree with it but it definatly sounds like port and the afl have signed a contract only allowing the prison bars if the magpies approve it

Yep, it was a condition of them coming into the afl.

Whether the afl could just tell the pies to shove it, no idea
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:37 pm

I don't think it was, benny, the one whufc is referring to is an agreement that "allowed" Port to wear the prison bar guernsey in the last game at Footy Park, v Carlton last year.

It seems Port the AFL and Collingwood agreed that would be the last time we were "allowed" to wear that jumper. When the AFL ballsed up last week I believe the AFL rang Eddie and "asked" if Port wearing the guernsey was "allowed" this week, which I would imagine included the AFL chucking a bone Collingwoods way, to agree to it.

So, if there is an agreement we know that ultimately if the AFL allow Port to wear it if it wants to and it's only a courtesy call to Eddie, not a beg and hope he agrees.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:41 pm

bennymacca wrote:
whufc wrote:Just going off his public rant on the Eddie and dermie show last night, reckons even if its Russell Eberts 300th birthday he won't allow Port to wear the prison bars again (that's his actual quote)

Yep, it was a condition of them coming into the afl.

Whether the afl could just tell the pies to shove it, no idea

Yeah eddies spray was huge and only he could get away with it without a please explained.

He slammed the AFL about not using the other options they had to avoid the clash (which I think we would all agree on)

Then he canned Koch about telling him to his face that they are trying to move awayfromthe prison bars and they want to create there future with the teal and then at the first opportunity they take there chance to get back in the prison bars.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Some free advice, don't listen to anything Eddie says. It's biased, it's impossible for him to wear two different hats ( one media - one club ) and the fact he's got away with it ( and numerous gaffs ) with out fear of penalty for years means the AFL is toothless to clamp down on him now.

"Slammed the AFL...."....he's a flog.

Anyway, back to Ports season......

In the same place as last year, Semi final interstate against a top 4 side with more finals experience and our young group learning and growing all the time. Building nicely.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Booney wrote:Some free advice, don't listen to anything Eddie says. It's biased, it's impossible for him to wear two different hats ( one media - one club ) and the fact he's got away with it ( and numerous gaffs ) with out fear of penalty for years means the AFL is toothless to clamp down on him now.

In the same place as last year, Semi final interstate against a top 4 side with more finals experience and our young group learning and growing all the time. Building nicely.

But a very winnable game, nonetheless.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Booney wrote:Some free advice, don't listen to anything Eddie says. It's biased, it's impossible for him to wear two different hats ( one media - one club ) and the fact he's got away with it ( and numerous gaffs ) with out fear of penalty for years means the AFL is toothless to clamp down on him now.

I tend to agree with you but I do respect him for where he has got himself though.

With the amount of people he called out (he had a crack at the commentators who suggested port wear prison bars again this week) if what he was saying wasn't based on some truth someone would have called BS on him by now
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:11 pm

whufc wrote:

I tend to agree with you but I do respect him for where he has got himself though.

With the amount of people he called out (he had a crack at the commentators who suggested port wear prison bars again this week) if what he was saying wasn't based on some truth someone would have called BS on him by now

If he's a clown or not he has power, not need to upset those that can make your life easier. Ignore him, but don't piss him off.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:15 pm

Good point!
whufc
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:05 pm

Failed Creation wrote:

It is winnable, and really now that Port don't have the "pressure"on them from last week they might be able to break the shackles and run a bit ;)

Seriously though its winnable, but Freo will be such a different monster to what the spuds you just played were.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:47 pm

stan wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

It is winnable, and really now that Port don't have the "pressure"on them from last week they might be able to break the shackles and run a bit ;)

Seriously though its winnable, but Freo will be such a different monster to what the spuds you just played were.

Of course, and I fully expect Fremantle to put a lot more pressure on us around the ground than Richmond. The Dockers seem to have numbers around the contests, ready to pounce on the opposition.

If we can manage cleaner and smarter entries into the forward 50 than we did against them a few weeks ago, we're in with a real shot.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Pag » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Congrats to Port on the win yesterday, never allowed us to get into the game and thoroughly deserved to advance.

The atmosphere was clearly better than anything I experienced as an away fan at Footy Park, and much better than the game vs the Crows three weeks ago (granted it was a final). Never Tear Us Apart did sound amazing, although I just watched it on TV and I hope next year they just play the instrumental version and allow the crowd's singing to come through, it really was something awesome to be a part of.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL