River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby Monopoly Man » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:04 pm

These two teams don't like each other and no one cares. Meningie far too good with the man who has more hair product than Ace Ventura to return.

For the main game, our boys will make it 6 don't worry about.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Ramrod » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Fidge is probably looking for jobs after today. Out coached. Although doesn't help when you have very few blokes who get the hard ball. Some built like Tarzan and play like Jane. What happened to your fitness advantage biffboy? Meningie well deserved best team most of the year. Congrats.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Yank Man » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Jeremy Clayton the new playing coach at Port District in Div1 SAAFL is my mail.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Monopoly Man » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Meningie won. Big surprise given the extra 80k and 9 points they spend. As for Clayton who cares. Just abused everyone in sight. Waity getting another medal and win in Yorke's is the real news
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby Yank Man » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:07 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:Meningie won. Big surprise given the extra 80k and 9 points they spend. As for Clayton who cares. Just abused everyone in sight. Waity getting another medal and win in Yorke's is the real news

Then Clayton will be right at home in his new club lol. Congrats to Jed Durdin and Myles Warmington on their flag. Points, dollars, whatever, they are super lads who came from Yank and I'm real happy for them. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Chester » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:Meningie won. Big surprise given the extra 80k and 9 points they spend. As for Clayton who cares. Just abused everyone in sight. Waity getting another medal and win in Yorke's is the real news

Ramblers lost. Big surprise given the extra 20k people they have to put a team together. Well done Bears, Winners are Grinners.
Chester
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Monopoly Man » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:20 pm

Came across as a dig but wasn't. just fact. Best team from round 5 onwards meningie. I know the outer teams have to spend to keep up but the bears spent more this year in the history of this league ... but worth it when you win! Hope Districts didn't break the bank on Clayton that is all I will say.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby biffboy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:11 am

Well done to the Bears! Money or not they were the best side this year and thoroughly deserved it.

As for Ramblers spending $20k more than anyone, I think your dreaming Chester! Ramblers & Imps probably spent less than anyone this year, even the teams that didn't make the finals. Tell me who you think we spent big $$ on???

And for the main game MM, cheers for employing Flash Gregory as coach! Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby GWW » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:39 am

I suspect the 20k being referred to, was sponsorship/bar revenue etc.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Ramrod » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:33 am

in Regards to the 2's on Saturday. Well done to ramblers on bringing back old guys just to win a flag really good for the young guys at your club. Also heard from People involved in the club Ramblers played a project player through the finals series. My tip is his last name was the only reason he would've been playing. We didnt play in a GF but we are in a better state than your rabble.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby biffboy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:18 am

Ramrod wrote:in Regards to the 2's on Saturday. Well done to ramblers on bringing back old guys just to win a flag really good for the young guys at your club. Also heard from People involved in the club Ramblers played a project player through the finals series. My tip is his last name was the only reason he would've been playing. We didnt play in a GF but we are in a better state than your rabble.

Wow, sour grapes much? I assume the old guys you are referring to are Matt Mundy, Muffy & Roger Head? Yep, truly filling the side with old guys as these were the only 3 over 28, most are in there late teens or early 20's. Maybe you should go ram a rod where you know you want it and just accept that you were beaten by a pretty good ressies side despite the fact you had some a'graders in your team on the day, maybe you can do a Mypo & tell us all about the netball flag you won this year?
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby heater31 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:44 am

biffboy wrote:
Ramrod wrote:in Regards to the 2's on Saturday. Well done to ramblers on bringing back old guys just to win a flag really good for the young guys at your club. Also heard from People involved in the club Ramblers played a project player through the finals series. My tip is his last name was the only reason he would've been playing. We didnt play in a GF but we are in a better state than your rabble.

Wow, sour grapes much? I assume the old guys you are referring to are Matt Mundy, Muffy & Roger Head? Yep, truly filling the side with old guys as these were the only 3 over 28, most are in there late teens or early 20's. Maybe you should go ram a rod where you know you want it and just accept that you were beaten by a pretty good ressies side despite the fact you had some a'graders in your team on the day, maybe you can do a Mypo & tell us all about the netball flag you won this year?

Saw Girardi with a medal around his neck on Facebook over the weekend, did he play?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby biffboy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:49 am

heater31 wrote:
biffboy wrote:

Saw Girardi with a medal around his neck on Facebook over the weekend, did he play?

Oh yeah, and him so my bad! I don't think there would be any team in their right mind who would say no to him coming back for a kick in the twos
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Ramrod » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:53 am

biffboy wrote:
heater31 wrote:
biffboy wrote:

Oh yeah, and him so my bad! I don't think there would be any team in their right mind who would say no to him coming back for a kick in the twos

How many kids didn't play for those guys to play??? We will take some because i know for a fact some aren't happy at all.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Ramrod » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:02 pm

anyway after seeing you blokes play terrible football, my day was made slightly better. Gotta Ask Biffboy how could you guys only kick one goal after half time? Were you guys meant to be the fittest in the Comp? Would've rather had Mannum in the GF, at least they would've showed a little fight.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Chester » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:07 pm

GWW wrote:I suspect the 20k being referred to, was sponsorship/bar revenue etc.

You are both wrong. As the post said there are 20 thousand more people to pick from.
Yes meningie have a lot of recruits but a lot of them have been around long enough now they are locals anyway.
Chester
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Fidgey the greatest of them all run out of ammo for bagging opposition players midway through the year ... Too many soft players against a team full of desperate and hard "locals" haha

I thought Grasshopper would have claimed his reward but he must still be partying pretty hard!
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby biffboy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Chester wrote:
GWW wrote:I suspect the 20k being referred to, was sponsorship/bar revenue etc.

You are both wrong. As the post said there are 20 thousand more people to pick from.
Yes meningie have a lot of recruits but a lot of them have been around long enough now they are locals anyway.

Fair enough mate, but to most 20k means $20,000. That said, of course we have an advantage in that sense, that's why we get less points etc & Clearly you would need to recruit, its ridiculous to think you wouldn't.
Either way, we are quite happy to come as far as we did this year. Most thought we would struggle to make the top 3 after losing 6 good players from last year and we will be bigger and better next year with some big zero pointers coming back.
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby biffboy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:09 pm

And Rammy, If you want our 36yo ruckman or late 20's backman we left out in front of your own kids, well your in a worse spot than we all thought so I feel for you. Get over it and have another pie big man
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Ramrod » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:52 am

biffboy wrote:And Rammy, If you want our 36yo ruckman or late 20's backman we left out in front of your own kids, well your in a worse spot than we all thought so I feel for you. Get over it and have another pie big man

Ah Biffboy i would've thought a person of your importance at the football club, would know what players at your club are saying about the state of affairs. We will see come next pre Season how many people decide to bail on your shambles of a club. Although you probably wouldnt know there last names because they are not the same as yours.
Ramrod
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy