Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby Q. » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:18 am

Suri wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Well it looks like the SPOS thing is up and running according to their FB site.

Good time for the Lakes to change their official mascot to the mozzie, like I suggested when they first moved ;)

Plus, it sounds catchier 8)

In all seriousness though, is there any word on how this will affect the Lakes, if at all?

I'd say Greenies and the Farmers could possibly be impacted too.

We really need another club in our area like a hole in the head.

Its up to SAAFL HQ to maintain the club numbers, not sure how they can bring a new club in when there are several clubs struggling to field teams

Make your club a better place to be at, rather than whinge about people leaving (not specifically directed at your club Suri)
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby jo172 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:29 am

Q. wrote:
Suri wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Well it looks like the SPOS thing is up and running according to their FB site.

Good time for the Lakes to change their official mascot to the mozzie, like I suggested when they first moved ;)

In all seriousness though, is there any word on how this will affect the Lakes, if at all?

Its up to SAAFL HQ to maintain the club numbers, not sure how they can bring a new club in when there are several clubs struggling to field teams

Make your club a better place to be at, rather than whinge about people leaving (not specifically directed at your club Suri)

Couldn't agree more.

It's not up to the SAAFL to protect poorly operating clubs
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby The Informer » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:02 pm

Suri wrote:

''
So who has the history of St Pauls now, does Mawson Lakes have none of the history anymore? I think this is a pisser and a complete sign on dis respect to some people.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Fricky » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Q. wrote:
Suri wrote:

Couldn't agree more Q. We try and make Walkies a great club to be around - a heap of great people running the club, a lot of good social events and having a netball club always helps.

Just curious why SAAFL would let in a new club when teams are struggling for numbers already.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby jo172 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:25 pm

Suri wrote:
Q. wrote:
Suri wrote:

Couldn't agree more Q. We try and make Walkies a great club to be around - a heap of great people running the club, a lot of good social events and having a netball club always helps.

Just curious why SAAFL would let in a new club when teams are struggling for numbers already.

1. It's not the SAAFL's job to save incompetent clubs from themselves

2. You cannot be sure of a causal link between players playing at a new club and existing clubs struggling. You can say with similar effect but for this Club's existence John Smith would not be playing Football.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Fb site is very shy of information. Lots of likes though if that counts for anything
https://www.facebook.com/SPOSFC
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby adr107 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:17 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:Fb site is very shy of information. Lots of likes though if that counts for anything
https://www.facebook.com/SPOSFC

All the likes are most likely from curious people wondering if this thing actually has any substance......like myself.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby marbles » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:47 pm

hello Australia, wow what a coma :Hangman:

my off season ponders why adelaide uni would even be contemplating going up to div 6? whats the point?

yeah lets voluntarily submit our kick and catch c graders against paid agraders, who cares how much our boys "pay" to play every week, the clubs ego is more important??

houghton surely are the logical entity to fill the 10th place in div 6
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:06 pm

marbles wrote:hello Australia, wow what a coma :Hangman:

my off season ponders why adelaide uni would even be contemplating going up to div 6? whats the point?

yeah lets voluntarily submit our kick and catch c graders against paid agraders, who cares how much our boys "pay" to play every week, the clubs ego is more important??

houghton surely are the logical entity to fill the 10th place in div 6

I am sure i have read that The blacks A's are not paid. If that is the case how does your logic hold up if their unpaid players are playing Div 1 a-graders?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Postby marbles » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:44 pm

That's a terrific comparison Esteban

By refering to paid players im really referring to a clubs "firsts" side who train 2 times a week and start preseason in late November, compared to cgrade cattle who barely train twice a month and start preseason 1 week before the season

Why push your recreational footballers :) lol against the supreme cattle (semi-professional footballers) of other clubs, and expect to have a good season haha I think uni are delusional
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:55 pm

marbles wrote:That's a terrific comparison Esteban

By refering to paid players im really referring to a clubs "firsts" side who train 2 times a week and start preseason in late November, compared to cgrade cattle who barely train twice a month and start preseason 1 week before the season

Why purge sloth footballers :) lol against the supreme cattle of other clubs, and expect to have a good season haha I think uni are delusional

The most successful club in SAAFL history are delusional. Interesting viewpoint.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Postby finn » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:43 am

There's been much discussion around Uni about what structure the SAAFL lower grades will have and what is best for the A grade. There's a view that perhaps the B grade should be playing in div 6 as opposed to 1 reserves due to the length of quarters replicating those in div 1 and that the overall quality of a grade sides (in div 6) may be higher than that in div 1 reserves (aside from goodwood/rocs). The view is that this would mean that b graders are exposed to a more consistent pressure game than 1 reserves. This decision may not be made until early December.
I'm guessing that Uni's c grade would play in a c grade specific competition should that emerge especially given the inconsistent nature of the c grade and the inability of the club to really predict the quality of player that will come out to the club. Having said that though, we've gone up in the past when we've been able to but the quality of div 6 to div 7 is higher.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby zedman » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:01 pm

finn wrote:There's been much discussion around Uni about what structure the SAAFL lower grades will have and what is best for the A grade. There's a view that perhaps the B grade should be playing in div 6 as opposed to 1 reserves due to the length of quarters replicating those in div 1 and that the overall quality of a grade sides (in div 6) may be higher than that in div 1 reserves (aside from goodwood/rocs). The view is that this would mean that b graders are exposed to a more consistent pressure game than 1 reserves. This decision may not be made until early December.
I'm guessing that Uni's c grade would play in a c grade specific competition should that emerge especially given the inconsistent nature of the c grade and the inability of the club to really predict the quality of player that will come out to the club. Having said that though, we've gone up in the past when we've been able to but the quality of div 6 to div 7 is higher.

if you put your div 1 res (B grade) into div 6, who plays in the div 1 res and would div 6 res stay as your D grade? C grade to div 1 res is the only way i can see that working..

"I'm guessing that Uni's c grade would play in a c grade specific competition" << that leaves you with no div 1 res..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby marbles » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:02 pm

finn wrote:There's been much discussion around Uni about what structure the SAAFL lower grades will have and what is best for the A grade. There's a view that perhaps the B grade should be playing in div 6 as opposed to 1 reserves due to the length of quarters replicating those in div 1 and that the overall quality of a grade sides (in div 6) may be higher than that in div 1 reserves (aside from goodwood/rocs). The view is that this would mean that b graders are exposed to a more consistent pressure game than 1 reserves. This decision may not be made until early December.

its controversial but also quite logical. Your Div 6 side is actually your clubs second franchise side. shouldn't your second best players be here?

the equation has been trialled by henley in the late 70s, and i think the C-Grade were fielded into the Div 1 reserves. these boys inevitably copped thrashings and the set up had to be restored to As,Bs,Cs,Ds due to a denting participation rates

BUT your projection states your cgrade would play in a lower division? what side would fill your Div 1 reserves then?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:11 pm

imagine this for a concept...

scrap your under 18s from the under 18s sunday comps and field them as the Bgrade side in div 1 reserves on saturdays

then field your bgrade in div 7, cgrade in C1 etc etc

Div 1 = Agrade
Div 1R = Under 18s
Div 7 = BGrade
Div 7R = DGrade
Div C1 = CGrade

couldnt be done at uni (no 18s) but other clubs hmmm
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:26 pm

I think its going to be a long year in the D7 forums
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby tomo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:55 pm

Why wouldnt Uni be in div 6??
They made the GF last season in div 7 and beat a very good Houghton side in prelim.

They deserve to be there and are just as capable as any other div 7 side of being competitive in div 6.

After speaking with the uni coaching staff at end of last season they said they couldnt get out of div 7 quicker enough because of all the riff raff that goes on. Dont blame them really!!
tomo
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:47 pm

Would a Division 6 team beat a Division 1 Reserves team?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:05 pm

I think there is no place for C grade sides in div 6 anymore. When was the last time a C grade side in div 6 finished any higher than 7th? Even if they avoid relegation they will not survive any longer than 2-3 years. It probably highlights how much the lower division Standard has improved in the past 12-15 years....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times

Postby tomo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:05 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I think there is no place for C grade sides in div 6 anymore. When was the last time a C grade side in div 6 finished any higher than 7th? Even if they avoid relegation they will not survive any longer than 2-3 years. It probably highlights how much the lower division Standard has improved in the past 12-15 years....

I think uni are the exception as they have 6 or 7 sides.

Their c grade still have more players to call upon than most A grade clubs and have enormous depth.
tomo
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League