Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby godra » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:44 am

Season 2015 kicked off last night for Marion.

Good oil is that HV has picked up a few Marion boys who are all aboard the Keam wagon.
godra

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:28 am

Front & Centre wrote:
Snaparazzi wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:No doubt NPG is going to MV to play under BC. If HV had been able to secure BC for 2015 then NPG would likely be wearing the big V next year.
Thanks for the expected rocket Snappa. Not going to quote a $ amount but it would be a significant - I know the amount he was asking for to return to HV
I would estimate he would be earning more than most MV players and for a club whose hierarchy has preached over the years that they "dont pay players" I think you just made an exception.

Wouldn't have thought that was much of a rocket F&C, all I can say is you have no idea on this matter.

Valley in a bit of trouble with some key players leaving? Atleast 3 bonafide A graders, 1 that would take up multiple MV topline player payments as well as a couple long time servants, more to follow I believe. Do you expect to improve next year?

OK Snappa - think you will find I do have some idea.
Yes we have had some players leaving - McKenzie has gone to Plympton which I am sure will please many on this forum and there have been some retirements. Heard a former HV B grade coach now coaching in the South East offering big money again and Strathalbyn doing their annual begging to Jonny Eagleton so will see where that ends up. Doubt we will be bothering the clearance page but deep pockets can be attractive
We have also picked up a few and looks like we may have a few of our juniors heading back to the Valley - couple of these currently playing A grade at other SFL clubs. So yes we will be competitive
Name a club that isnt belt tightening Dutchy in these economic times. This hasnt affected player budget though

Think you will find this statement has as much FACT as your comments about NPG and MVFC.

I'm sure the truth will come out in due time as to where he is playing but my advice would be to back slowly out of the conversation to avoid further embarrassment F&C.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:28 am

My mail also has Peto at Emus - think you might be the one with egg on your face there ZC

Although if the Valley boys an put enough pressure on him to come back to us then I'd be happy. He is a good bloke.
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby jet-airport » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:14 am

Front & Centre wrote:No doubt NPG is going to MV to play under BC. If HV had been able to secure BC for 2015 then NPG would likely be wearing the big V next year.
Thanks for the expected rocket Snappa. Not going to quote a $ amount but it would be a significant - I know the amount he was asking for to return to HV
I would estimate he would be earning more than most MV players and for a club whose hierarchy has preached over the years that they "dont pay players" I think you just made an exception.

I wasn't talking about BC front and centre , he was always going round again at MV, think you will find another HV coach who unbelievably is for 2015 "now no longer required at the football club" was the person I was alluding too that got NPG to HVFC.

Regarding PETO, it's not onlyl about the money for him - SUCCESS has always driven the bloke! Good luck to him if he is actually back in the SFL - CAN PLAY!

:shock: Losing Macca / johhnny would be massive! and may be the start of a little slide down the ladder for the Taylor's road boys, picking up Marion blokes and paying them $$ tends to lean that way. :o

Ohh well time will tell.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:34 pm

jet-airport wrote:

I wasn't talking about BC front and centre , he was always going round again at MV, think you will find another HV coach who unbelievably is for 2015 "now no longer required at the football club" was the person I was alluding too that got NPG to HVFC.

Regarding PETO, it's not onlyl about the money for him - SUCCESS has always driven the bloke! Good luck to him if he is actually back in the SFL - CAN PLAY!

:shock: Losing Macca / johhnny would be massive! and may be the start of a little slide down the ladder for the Taylor's road boys, picking up Marion blokes and paying them $$ tends to lean that way. :o

Ohh well time will tell.

Justin Calderbank?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:40 pm

jet-airport wrote:

Ohh well time will tell.

The bloke you are referring to hasnt been told he is no longer required - applied for A grade job ONLY and didnt get it. Didnt apply for other coaching jobs so he cant complain. :?

Yeah Jonny and Macka would be massive losses but are both going? :?

Dunno anyone that has said we are paying Marion blokes :?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby twobob » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Mister Footy wrote:
jet-airport wrote:

Ohh well time will tell.

The bloke you are referring to hasnt been told he is no longer required - applied for A grade job ONLY and didnt get it. Didnt apply for other coaching jobs so he cant complain. :?

Yeah Jonny and Macka would be massive losses but are both going? :?

Dunno anyone that has said we are paying Marion blokes :?

What about Tommy Mc Namara? I'm hearing whispers
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:45 pm

What year is there not rumours about Tommy Mac? :shock:
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby twobob » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:23 pm

Mister Footy wrote:What year is there not rumours about Tommy Mac? :shock:

Whisper is that he has been receiving interest from where he played his junior football
twobob
Rookie

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby Giants » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:34 am

although BC would love to see NPG at the emus mail is he will be heading to the riverland with another past short lived HV forward for a bag of oranges a game
Giants
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:46 pm

Hmmm maybe MVFC don't bow to pressure and pay exhorbitant match payments after all...
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby Front & Centre » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:Hmmm maybe MVFC don't bow to pressure and pay exhorbitant match payments after all...

Keep telling yourself that ZC - maybe he just found a club with deeper pockets that were willing to take them both.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby jet-airport » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:24 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:Hmmm maybe MVFC don't bow to pressure and pay exhorbitant match payments after all...

The grape vine suggests big pockets at some SFL clubs for 2015, there's treasure in the Onk River it seems ;)
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Axle Rose » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:40 pm

Front & Centre wrote:

Keep telling yourself that ZC - maybe he just found a club with deeper pockets that were willing to take them both.

F&C, you may have a firm grasp of what may be going on in your own backyard, but clearly are way out of your depth when it comes to GUESSING about what happens elsewhere. Do us a favour and don't embarrass yourself anymore.
Axle Rose
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:44 am

Axle Rose wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:

F&C, you may have a firm grasp of what may be going on in your own backyard, but clearly are way out of your depth when it comes to GUESSING about what happens elsewhere. Do us a favour and don't embarrass yourself anymore.

I dont think he's an orphan in the guessing of what other clubs pay.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Front & Centre » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Axle Rose wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:

Axle have a struck a nerve? Are you able to categorically deny that no one at MV were in discussions with NPG?
Front & Centre
Rookie

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:22 am

Who denied it F&C?

You led everyone to believe that he was signed at MVFC and signed at a larger rate than I KNOW we would be prepared to pay.

As a club, who is in need of just a few extra elements to bring ultimate success, it would be careless not to talk to a player of his quality if he's available. Pretty sure this still doesn't mean we are going to **** over the loyal players at our club who aren't demanding huge payments to get him in.

If he asked for what we were happy to pay and wanted to come to MVFC then he would be there. As it stands currently both of these price points didn't match up.

If just talking to a player means they are automatically signed for $$$$$$$$$$$$$'s then I had a chat to Lewis Johnston last weekend, expect to see him in the Red and Black next year.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby Front & Centre » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:25 pm

[quote="Zelezny Chucks"]

Pretty sure this still doesn't mean we are going to **** over the loyal players at our club who aren't demanding huge payments to get him in.

You may be pretty sure but I can tell you there are people at your club who were talking to him about $ and it wasnt small change
Sadly for the SFL looks like the lure of even bigger $ has taken another talented player away from this league
Front & Centre
Rookie

Postby words of wisdom » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:36 am

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Luke Panozzo to Morphie Parks.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby shoe boy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:55 am

words of wisdom wrote:Don't know if it's been mentioned but Luke Panozzo to Morphie Parks.

who?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL