Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby Browny25 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Boosh wrote:
Diknbones wrote:Nth Haven people commenting on Brahma spending money when they've offered 4 blokes the whole of Brahmas footy budget.. Lol
Stick the boots in boys, we love it. Keep kicking us. It's all good. Swings an round abouts you know.

Which four would that be? And what is this princely sum?

North Haven have a budget set by the executive committee and the football department work within it.

I have no issue with BL paying players, just an issue with some of those players and BL picking their grade.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh earlier but some of those blokes were utterly ridiculous in their behaviour when they were beating us by big margins.

Maybe you will find a way of teaching them some humility and hopefully that is what your intentions are.

I get this Boosh and 100% agree

Hence why earlier I stated that we are trying to develop a new culture - Sing when your winning is something I dont endorse.
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby beeroclock » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:10 pm

Browny25 wrote:
BFG wrote:Fantastic reading guys. My thoughts on the subject:

Brahma Lodge (the loyal club people and administrators) are victim of the one thing that is more dangerous than money in amateur clubs and that is poor recruiting. Paying 800 bucks for an Ex- SANFL gun might sound excessive but if this player ends up playing 150-200 games and being a club legend then you'd have to say that its been more than worthwhile. Good players are attracted to a good club culture and the club culture is fostered by recruiting quality people.

This year the lodge are in a no win position. They can either choose to try and build a team around its current crop with maybe a handful of previously untried recruits and likely be relegated to div 7 which can be tough to find your way out of and you also run the risk of losing more players and (worst case scenario) fold. This scenario preserves or at least doesn't diminish the reputation of the club around the league.

OR

They can welcome back past players looking to return for financial reasons or others. They have possibly another 3-4 years of success with that same group and in the meantime hope you can attract a younger generation that eventually replace them. This scenario ensures that BL remain one of the most despised clubs in the SAAFL.

To be completely honest if i was in this position and it was my club in this pickle, it would be very, very hard to take option 1. While I' sure many (including myself) would be angry if the Lodge get these players back and are head and shoulders above everyone else in div 6 next year. Making the decision to be terrible for 3- 4 years before improving over improving straight away would be one that few clubs around the league would make.

Nicely put BFG

Option 1 purely isnt an option, if we were to do this then I fear that we'd have no club.

We need to recruit players, MY club does not have a flourishing junior program where each year we have another 15 kids wanting to play senior footy. Perhaps this is the major issue at our club? I know personally that seeing a successful junior program is a long term goal, however in an ageing area and competiting with the likes of salisbury, eastern park, modbury, golden grove, TTG - I see this is as an extremley difficult project.
Perhaps recruiting those that left us in the past is a bad move, only time will tell, but providing them with a different direction and culture is all we can do to ensure that they make BL home for the remainder of their careers.

I can understand Salisbury competing for juniors with you,but out of the other four mentioned Eastern Park would be the closest which is close to 10k away.
Get off you arses and do something about getting some kids and stop throwing dribble out like that.
Para Hills is closer than Eastern Park.
Do you know what your on about?
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Hoodlum » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:58 pm

It's a shame that clubs like BL and Salisbury West get themselves into these situations. Looking at the locality of the BL club..... It's a bit of a pokey spot and if it doesn't have a good juniors program it seems unsustainable! As sad as it may be for the faithfuls.... I rekon it's time to join paralowie an ovingham and fold. Salisbury west is another that seems to peek and trough but as long as it can fill sides hey should stay around and take the BL spill over BUT they should follow the relegation promotion rules and play the division they're meant to... Maybe merge with BL and become the Northern Knights! Lol
Hoodlum
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby X Runna » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:27 pm

Hoodlum wrote:It's a shame that clubs like BL and Salisbury West get themselves into these situations. Looking at the locality of the BL club..... It's a bit of a pokey spot and if it doesn't have a good juniors program it seems unsustainable! As sad as it may be for the faithfuls.... I rekon it's time to join paralowie an ovingham and fold. Salisbury west is another that seems to peek and trough but as long as it can fill sides hey should stay around and take the BL spill over BUT they should follow the relegation promotion rules and play the division they're meant to... Maybe merge with BL and become the Northern Knights! Lol

Or the Salisbury West Tigers...............
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Hoodlum » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:34 pm

Ooooorrrrrrr!
Change it! It's not like it'd be the worst thing
Hoodlum
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Browny25 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:24 pm

beeroclock wrote:
Browny25 wrote:

Brahma Lodge (the loyal club people and administrators) are victim of the one thing that is more dangerous than money in amateur clubs and that is poor recruiting. Paying 800 bucks for an Ex- SANFL gun might sound excessive but if this player ends up playing 150-200 games and being a club legend then you'd have to say that its been more than worthwhile. Good players are attracted to a good club culture and the club culture is fostered by recruiting quality people.

This year the lodge are in a no win position. They can either choose to try and build a team around its current crop with maybe a handful of previously untried recruits and likely be relegated to div 7 which can be tough to find your way out of and you also run the risk of losing more players and (worst case scenario) fold. This scenario preserves or at least doesn't diminish the reputation of the club around the league.

OR

They can welcome back past players looking to return for financial reasons or others. They have possibly another 3-4 years of success with that same group and in the meantime hope you can attract a younger generation that eventually replace them. This scenario ensures that BL remain one of the most despised clubs in the SAAFL.

To be completely honest if i was in this position and it was my club in this pickle, it would be very, very hard to take option 1. While I' sure many (including myself) would be angry if the Lodge get these players back and are head and shoulders above everyone else in div 6 next year. Making the decision to be terrible for 3- 4 years before improving over improving straight away would be one that few clubs around the league would make.

Nicely put BFG

Option 1 purely isnt an option, if we were to do this then I fear that we'd have no club.

We need to recruit players, MY club does not have a flourishing junior program where each year we have another 15 kids wanting to play senior footy. Perhaps this is the major issue at our club? I know personally that seeing a successful junior program is a long term goal, however in an ageing area and competiting with the likes of salisbury, eastern park, modbury, golden grove, TTG - I see this is as an extremley difficult project.
Perhaps recruiting those that left us in the past is a bad move, only time will tell, but providing them with a different direction and culture is all we can do to ensure that they make BL home for the remainder of their careers.

I can understand Salisbury competing for juniors with you,but out of the other four mentioned Eastern Park would be the closest which is close to 10k away.
Get off you arses and do something about getting some kids and stop throwing dribble out like that.

I mentioned those clubs because they probably have more than enough junior teams

Thanks for the reply.
Browny25
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:03 pm

beeroclock wrote:
Browny25 wrote:

OR

Nicely put BFG

In fairness to Browny how many clubs in the last 5 years have gone from having zero junior teams to being able to establish junior sides (I'm not talking about adding a grade you didn't already have but starting from scratch) especially considering participation rates in almost all sports are down, throw in not many parents work 9-5 mon to fri jobs these days and its a pretty tough gig)

The only club I can think of is maybe Angle Vale but they have a very clear and large area which is in a massive boom unlike brahma who would be competiting against established clubs such as Salisbury, Salisbury North and Salisbury West
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:07 am

in juniors Brahma lodge could never compete with salisbury,salisbury north and para hills once i got to high school these were the only clubs my friends actually played at so when under 14s folded at brahma i like the rest moved onto salisbury north with my friends

brahma lodge will always have a problem with making a strong juniors when it has bigger clubs around it and bigger suburbs who have had longer stronger junior programmes running

Ian Fagan tryed to make juniors a big thing at brahma but under 14s is where it finishes at in the past
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:25 am

Robb_Stark wrote:in juniors Brahma lodge could never compete with salisbury,salisbury north and para hills once i got to high school these were the only clubs my friend actually played at so when under 14s folded at brahma i like the rest moved onto salisbury north with my friends

brahma lodge will always have a problem with making a strong juniors when it has bigger clubs around it and bigger suburbs who have had longer stronger junior programmes running

Ian Fagan tryed to make juniors a big thing at brahma but under 14s is where it finishes at in the past

Edited for accuracy ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Do you know what your on about?[/quote]

So how narrow minded are your comments. Have you ever tried to set up a junior program from scratch? I have and can tell you it is almost impossible to do. It's not like you offer free football and everyone come running. In my first year we offered free registration and had 30 kids sign up. Of those 30 that started we finished with 18 because parents hadn't paid money and were losing so it was easy to pull them. The next year we tried to charge $25 to cover some costs and make it a commitment and we could still only get 40 players. Again we didn't win so they all left to go play with winning teams.

Now tell me what more a club could do that offer free football to parents to entice more kids out? Then again you have probably been involved with a club that's had a good junior program and always had parents/ help to make the job easier.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:59 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:I can understand Salisbury competing for juniors with you,but out of the other four mentioned Eastern Park would be the closest which is close to 10k away.

So how narrow minded are your comments. Have you ever tried to set up a junior program from scratch? I have and can tell you it is almost impossible to do. It's not like you offer free football and everyone come running. In my first year we offered free registration and had 30 kids sign up. Of those 30 that started we finished with 18 because parents hadn't paid money and were losing so it was easy to pull them. The next year we tried to charge $25 to cover some costs and make it a commitment and we could still only get 40 players. Again we didn't win so they all left to go play with winning teams.

Now tell me what more a club could do that offer free football to parents to entice more kids out? Then again you have probably been involved with a club that's had a good junior program and always had parents/ help to make the job easier.[/quote]

Working with NEMJFA instead of fighting them would be a good start.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:31 pm

Sheik Yerbouti lets be honest N.E.M.J.A is full of the power house clubs so they dont care they got there own interests at heart and then the SAAFL has the same problem at the end of the day Brahma Lodge needs to care about Brahma Lodge not what people on the internet think.....

Brahma Lodge used a flawed system to work into there favour cause they made some mistakes rather then shoot the club go ask the SAAFL what they are doing
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Jetters » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:Sheik Yerbouti lets be honest N.E.M.J.A is full of the power house clubs so they dont care they got there own interests at heart and then the SAAFL has the same problem at the end of the day Brahma Lodge needs to care about Brahma Lodge not what people on the internet think.....

Brahma Lodge used a flawed system to work into there favour cause they made some mistakes rather then shoot the club go ask the SAAFL what they are doing

is there any limit to the amount of teams per grade in the NEJCA?
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby beeroclock » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:30 am

lovetotalkfooty wrote:I can understand Salisbury competing for juniors with you,but out of the other four mentioned Eastern Park would be the closest which is close to 10k away.

Now tell me what more a club could do that offer free football to parents to entice more kids out? Then again you have probably been involved with a club that's had a good junior program and always had parents/ help to make the job easier.[/quote]

Actually <stop the name calling, last warning> I have and was bloody good at it.
Like I said,I got off my arse for my club and got the job done.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:24 am

Brahma Lodge people, have you sought help from the CDFC or SANFL in regards to junior programs?
It would seem no juniors is quite a significant problem, so it's almost imperative to start building something if you wish to survive into the future. Is it on the agenda?
If nothing else, it would increase the loyalty factor, at the moment, it's too easy to leave and go back to where you came from if things aren't going so well.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:38 am

beeroclock wrote:

Now tell me what more a club could do that offer free football to parents to entice more kids out? Then again you have probably been involved with a club that's had a good junior program and always had parents/ help to make the job easier.

Actually clown I have and was bloody good at it.
Like I said,I got off my arse for my club and got the job done.[/quote]

What club was that <stop the name calling - last warning>?
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:42 am

You lot have been told time and time again to lay of the personal attacks.

No one will be warned again, you'll just get a holiday.

If you're that feral that you can't have a conversation with someone without resorting to name calling, then perhaps you shouldn't even be posting.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Massive Tackle » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:53 am

I don’t think Wayne Knowles and Travis Uern are flying under the radar at Brahma Lodge this season.
Censorship is telling a man he can’t have a steak just because a baby can’t chew it...
Massive Tackle

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby beeroclock » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:11 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

What club was that <stop the name calling - last warning>?[/quote]
Good luck.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Postby Browny25 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:37 pm

beeroclock wrote:
lovetotalkfooty wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

What club was that <stop the name calling - last warning>?

Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks! We certainly need it!
Browny25
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League