Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:26 am

Taking a moment to think about and acknowledge the bravery the Turkish showed during the battle means no disrespect to the ANZAC diggers we all admire and will forever more.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7625 times
Been liked: 11097 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:33 am

Booney wrote:Taking a moment to think about and acknowledge the bravery the Turkish showed during the battle means no disrespect to the ANZAC diggers we all admire and will forever more.

very well said Boon
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3064 times
Been liked: 2431 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:04 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:Taking a moment to think about and acknowledge the bravery the Turkish showed during the battle means no disrespect to the ANZAC diggers we all admire and will forever more.

very well said Boon

yep agree

i dont read many books but one of the books that i will always remember was all quiet on the western front. read it in high school, but it was excellent at showing that the guys on the ground for the enemy arent evil, they are more than likely thrown into this against their will, or with the promise of travel and adventure just like you were.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:47 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Russell Crowe, dead set wanker!!
Im sure im not the only one who thought his interview was insulting and disrespectful towards our diggers

I'm massive on WW1 and i love learning more about it also i tremendous amount of respect for all involved and i don't think he's disrespecting the diggers. We did invade... Gallipoli was poorly planned and even worse poorly executed due mainly because of the poor planning. And the ANZAC, British and other allies were the unfortunate pawns in this disaster. We fought bloody hard, and i love hearing about the stories of bravery and mateship at Gallipoli.
Churchill and Kitchener have a fair bit to answer for in this blunder.

I personally believe the ANZAC spirit was built on the western front.... Pozier, somme etc etc.....

hence why i have really no interest in going to gallipoli, and why i can't wait to go to poziers in 2016....

I dont disagree that the attacks were poorly planned and executed but at the end of the day they were the enemy at the time not an innocent party as Crowe insinuates. As our enemy they had to be attacked whether we like it or not
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3650 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:58 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Im sure im not the only one who thought his interview was insulting and disrespectful towards our diggers

I'm massive on WW1 and i love learning more about it also i tremendous amount of respect for all involved and i don't think he's disrespecting the diggers. We did invade... Gallipoli was poorly planned and even worse poorly executed due mainly because of the poor planning. And the ANZAC, British and other allies were the unfortunate pawns in this disaster. We fought bloody hard, and i love hearing about the stories of bravery and mateship at Gallipoli.

I personally believe the ANZAC spirit was built on the western front.... Pozier, somme etc etc.....

hence why i have really no interest in going to gallipoli, and why i can't wait to go to poziers in 2016....

You and @Jimmy_041 would have a great time over a few beers then
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2171 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:09 am

Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

I dont disagree that the attacks were poorly planned and executed but at the end of the day they were the enemy at the time not an innocent party as Crowe insinuates. As our enemy they had to be attacked whether we like it or not

Nah can't argue that... I certainly see both sides of the argument...

Do yourself a favour read the book below, it's a great read. And as i said i'm more of a western front sort of guy but learning alot about Gallipoli was excellent... Goes into great depth about it, on both sides...

http://books.google.com.au/books/about/ ... K--6EXWmgC

This bit has stuck with since i read it,
- Brazier said he returned to the frontline and said: "I am sorry, lads, but the order is to go." Trooper Harold Rush turned to his mate. "Goodbye, Cobber" he said. "God Bless you." Then they went over the top at the Nek and they knew they were going to die.. How does one do that??? Tremendous courage....
Amongst other quotes and stories
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:31 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Nah can't argue that... I certainly see both sides of the argument...

Do yourself a favour read the book below, it's a great read. And as i said i'm more of a western front sort of guy but learning alot about Gallipoli was excellent... Goes into great depth about it, on both sides...

http://books.google.com.au/books/about/ ... K--6EXWmgC

This bit has stuck with since i read it,
- Brazier said he returned to the frontline and said: "I am sorry, lads, but the order is to go." Trooper Harold Rush turned to his mate. "Goodbye, Cobber" he said. "God Bless you." Then they went over the top at the Nek and they knew they were going to die.. How does one do that??? Tremendous courage....
Amongst other quotes and stories

Have the book and its a fantastic read.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3650 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:09 pm

Great book. Carlyon writes some great stuff.
If you're interested in this sort of thing, I've been listening to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History and he's doing a series of podcasts on WWI called Blueprint to Armageddon. He distills it all succinctly. Naturally, as Australians we, mostly, understand 'our war' well but this takes a look at the overall picture. Fascinating.

www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:10 pm

Anyway, I came to post about something that gives me the shits...

Someone very near and dear to me keeps using the phrase "I know, right" *upward inflection*. It's seriously giving me the shits.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:21 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Anyway, I came to post about something that gives me the shits...

Someone very near and dear to me keeps using the phrase "I know, right" *upward inflection*. It's seriously giving me the shits.

I know, right!
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:22 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Great book. Carlyon writes some great stuff.
If you're interested in this sort of thing, I've been listening to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History and he's doing a series of podcasts on WWI called Blueprint to Armageddon. He distills it all succinctly. Naturally, as Australians we, mostly, understand 'our war' well but this takes a look at the overall picture. Fascinating.

http://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/

I LOVE hardcore history. Just wish he did them more often.

His series in the eastern front in world war 2 was equally excellent and typically an untold story.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:25 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Anyway, I came to post about something that gives me the shits...

You wouldn't be able to stand being around me. If I think somethings funny, I will repeat it until everybody wants to kill me.

Right now I'm finishing every sentence to the missus with "brah".

Eg. "Whats for tea, brah?" "Where's my clean work shirt, brah?" etc etc.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:27 pm

Haha everything was amazeballs for about 2 months when I found out wifey hated it :)
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:29 pm

Mine changes every week or two. Like to keep things fresh, brah.

Try saying "pardon" in a french accent every time she says something. Haha. That was a goody.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:29 pm

bennymacca wrote:Haha everything was amazeballs for about 2 months when I found out wifey hated it :)

i just roll my eyes when i want to pis the missus off... It has an amazing track record...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:31 pm

This guy! This, guy! *points at whoever I'm talking to*
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:42 pm

BAE

End of thread.

If you are that utterly and stupidly lazy to leave 1 letter B out of a word so you can say it quicker ...

It just shits me no end.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2171 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:43 pm

luckily ive not encountered seeing that word Bae being used either written or spoken
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12315 times
Been liked: 3918 times

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:45 pm

HH3 wrote:

You wouldn't be able to stand being around me. If I think somethings funny, I will repeat it until everybody wants to kill me.

Right now I'm finishing every sentence to the missus with "brah".

Eg. "Whats for tea, brah?" "Where's my clean work shirt, brah?" etc etc.

Keep up with the "brah" and I'd say the work shirts will be exactly where you left them. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7625 times
Been liked: 11097 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:59 pm

Footy Chick wrote:BAE

End of thread.

If you are that utterly and stupidly lazy to leave 1 letter B out of a word so you can say it quicker ...

It just shits me no end.

Translate in a Scandinavian language is means something entirely different :lol:
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion