Port Adelaide 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:51 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Hand U18's to colleges? So what do you do to Public School kids who play and the kids from the Country? Not all schools can fund teams and if you are an absolute gun 17 year old but your School is absolutely hopeless how does that make you appealing compared to playing SANFL and surrounding yourself with tremendous tallent and getting the best coaching available to better your game?

SA Footy isn't all about the public schools and country kids :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5604 times
Been liked: 2537 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:18 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Hand U18's to colleges? So what do you do to Public School kids who play and the kids from the Country? Not all schools can fund teams and if you are an absolute gun 17 year old but your School is absolutely hopeless how does that make you appealing compared to playing SANFL and surrounding yourself with tremendous tallent and getting the best coaching available to better your game?

Pretty easy money pumped into the colleges will allow them to offer scholarships, which will allow those kids to get a free or discounted education. You also add into the fact that the colleges will then be able to hire better coaches. You don't think it would work? have a look at the America college system, it's been proven it will work.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:21 pm

whufc wrote:And your going to get recruits ready for AFL from amateur clubs who are training twice a week at absolute most

And where will all your players going to play who miss out on AFL selection

Well thought out???

The recruits will be ready via the college system, NFL NBA MLB NHL all seem to do fine by this.

They will play in the ammo's because it will be stronger with the extra $$$ thrown around.

It was well thought out wasn't it.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:32 pm

kickinit wrote:
whufc wrote:And your going to get recruits ready for AFL from amateur clubs who are training twice a week at absolute most

Well thought out???

The recruits will be ready via the college system, NFL NBA MLB NHL all seem to do fine by this.

They will play in the ammo's because it will be stronger with the extra $$$ thrown around.

So what will happen to a 19 year old who missed out on being drafted by the AFL

You do realise the college system in America has students that are a lot older and they must be at least 19 years of age to be drafted in the Nba, NFL etc and that most blokes are drafted at 22 years old when they finish college

Also the AFL is actually looking at heading down that path and increasing the minimum draft age to make sure students complete year 12 before being able to enter the draft

Might need a re think mate
whufc
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Those Universities are enourmous and the coin they generate is phenominal. Considering at a minimum it costs $30,000 USD per year to get an education of which I'm aware of because my partner's brother has a Basketball Scholarship right now and at a US College it funds the Scholarship holders. The US cost of living is far less than ours so it would push up costs to get an education in Australia to make this worth while. I couldn't see in anyway how you could fund such an idea within Australia consistently across the country.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby FlyingHigh » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:09 pm

FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby stan » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:16 pm

kickinit wrote:

Pretty easy money pumped into the colleges will allow them to offer scholarships, which will allow those kids to get a free or discounted education. You also add into the fact that the colleges will then be able to hire better coaches. You don't think it would work? have a look at the America college system, it's been proven it will work.

College in the American system is vasty different to what your talking about here.

Anyway I find it strange a port supporter is almost sounding like Joe Hockey.

I must still be pissed.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:26 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Those Universities are enourmous and the coin they generate is phenominal. Considering at a minimum it costs $30,000 USD per year to get an education of which I'm aware of because my partner's brother has a Basketball Scholarship right now and at a US College it funds the Scholarship holders. The US cost of living is far less than ours so it would push up costs to get an education in Australia to make this worth while. I couldn't see in anyway how you could fund such an idea within Australia consistently across the country.

Throw in the fact it's not uncommon for these universities to get 50k and more to games, so have a licence to print money with gate takings, match day sales, sponsorship, Illumnais
whufc
Coach

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:11 am

whufc wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Well thought out???

So what will happen to a 19 year old who missed out on being drafted by the AFL

You do realise the college system in America has students that are a lot older and they must be at least 19 years of age to be drafted in the Nba, NFL etc and that most blokes are drafted at 22 years old when they finish college

Also the AFL is actually looking at heading down that path and increasing the minimum draft age to make sure students complete year 12 before being able to enter the draft

Might need a re think mate

He will head over to ammos. Like I said div 1 ammos will be stronger with the extra $$$

What does the age at which they are drafted have anything to with it?

Also I think you might need to go and read the afl draft requirements because obviously you don't now them.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:14 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Those Universities are enourmous and the coin they generate is phenominal. Considering at a minimum it costs $30,000 USD per year to get an education of which I'm aware of because my partner's brother has a Basketball Scholarship right now and at a US College it funds the Scholarship holders. The US cost of living is far less than ours so it would push up costs to get an education in Australia to make this worth while. I couldn't see in anyway how you could fund such an idea within Australia consistently across the country.

You do realise that colleges in SA are already offering scholarships and paying big money to have dedicated coaches. If it's going to be self funded how is it going to push up the cost of education? The money will come from SA football, you take out the greedy SANFl hands and there is a lot of money to be had in SA football.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6604126606
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:12 pm

Or you take out the greedy port power and stop handing them money out and there will be a lot of money in sa football
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:20 pm

And where will Port Powers left overs play, Ammos that will be great preperation for them compared to the vic clubs who will be playing vfl every week
whufc
Coach

Postby Red Rocket » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:23 pm

whufc wrote:Or you take out the greedy port power and stop handing them money out and there will be a lot of money in sa football

^This
Wouldnt matter how much money Port had they would piss it up against the wall.
Most financially irresponsible club going around.
Why should we change the whole setup of SA footy just to benefit a club probay 60-70% of the state couldnt give a stuff about.
The SANFL has been a great breeding ground for years, sure they can do things better and yes im sure Port can get a bigger slice of the pie from AO but that doesnt mean they have to be erased from the landscape.
When the SANFL is gone who will you blame next, its always someone elses fault
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:02 pm

The greedy SANFL. "You do realise" that this organisation is the major part on why your clubs arse is above ground right now and whilst you love to brag about your history you love to shit on the organisation and its history that made this all possible for well over 100 years before you entered with the big boys. Absolutely shits me when I hear any Power supporter do this and it makes it worse when they weren't there supporting them 3 years ago and in no doubt as soon as it gets hard they'll piss off again.

Back to the point good luck getting the funding Nation wide to get a College structure funded. I think the SANFL is doing a top job and the SAAFL is doing fine.stiff shit to the country leagues who get funding from SANFL clubs and there is no where enough coin generated from the AFL to support and strengthen all Amateur and CountryLeagues nation wide.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby kickinit » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:46 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:The greedy SANFL. "You do realise" that this organisation is the major part on why your clubs arse is above ground right now and whilst you love to brag about your history you love to shit on the organisation and its history that made this all possible for well over 100 years before you entered with the big boys. Absolutely shits me when I hear any Power supporter do this and it makes it worse when they weren't there supporting them 3 years ago and in no doubt as soon as it gets hard they'll piss off again.

Back to the point good luck getting the funding Nation wide to get a College structure funded. I think the SANFL is doing a top job and the SAAFL is doing fine.stiff shit to the country leagues who get funding from SANFL clubs and there is no where enough coin generated from the AFL to support and strengthen all Amateur and CountryLeagues nation wide.

You do realise we would of been fine if the SANFL hadn't given us money don't you?
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby RB » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:02 pm

kickinit wrote:You do realise we would of been broke if the SANFL hadn't given us money don't you?

Edited for accuracy.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 770 times
Been liked: 1081 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:06 pm

Sure. Still verbally shitting on an organisation provided the competition that made your history for 100 plus years and per capita develops tallent as good as any state in Australia. Not bad for a greedy organisation.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby kickinit » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:17 am

RB wrote:
kickinit wrote:You do realise we would of been broke if the SANFL hadn't given us money don't you?

Edited for accuracy.

*cough* AFL *cough*
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:18 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Sure. Still verbally shitting on an organisation provided the competition that made your history for 100 plus years and per capita develops tallent as good as any state in Australia. Not bad for a greedy organisation.

Yeh not bad that nearly every team under the SANFL is struggling
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Spargo » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:09 am

kickinit wrote:You do realise we would of been fine if the SANFL hadn't given us money don't you?

Then give it ALL back.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5511 times
Been liked: 5143 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL