Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby HH3 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:48 pm

We went to the St Kilda Hotel for tea on Saturday night.

Very very good for what seems like just a local pub. I had the surf n turf, which was almost $40, but well worth it. The missus had the seafood basket, which was the best I've ever seen at a pub, and I've had a few. Instead of the standard battered fish, she had a big, juicy grilled piece of salmon, as well as all the other goodies.

Then we walked over to the playground and me and my older brother acted like dickheads on the flying fox and swings.

St Kilda Hotel - 9.5/10

We also went to the British Hotel at Port Adelaide yesterday for lunch.

I got the standard chicken schnitty with mushroom gravy. Very good. Others had the gnocci, ceasar salad and something else, I can't remember. The gnocci was a little cold, but other than that, it was a decent meal.

British Hotel (Port Adelaide) - 7/10
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:54 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Went to the Windsor on North East Road Saturday night for dinner, I had the Kangaroo and my missus had a Chicken Parmi. The Kangaroo was beautiful! Loved it and my girlfriends Parmi was massive. Good food and value for money, had a pretty good salad bar too. We just picked it randomly and it paid off. Had a great feed.

8.5/10

Never had a bad meal at this place, service is good and the bistro is huge so your not on top of one another. We have run the gauntlet there as well over the last couple of years as I used to live in Greenacres. Tried schnitzels, steak, salmon and whatever other fancy carp the Mrs orders and they always deliver a good portion, with good taste and in a punctual timing.

As good a pub for food and value in a ten km radius. I would be interested to hear if someone could list a better one.

Did you use you ent book voucher?
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:59 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Went to the Windsor on North East Road Saturday night for dinner, I had the Kangaroo and my missus had a Chicken Parmi. The Kangaroo was beautiful! Loved it and my girlfriends Parmi was massive. Good food and value for money, had a pretty good salad bar too. We just picked it randomly and it paid off. Had a great feed.

8.5/10

Never had a bad meal at this place, service is good and the bistro is huge so your not on top of one another. We have run the gauntlet there as well over the last couple of years as I used to live in Greenacres. Tried schnitzels, steak, salmon and whatever other fancy carp the Mrs orders and they always deliver a good portion, with good taste and in a punctual timing.

As good a pub for food and value in a ten km radius. I would be interested to hear if someone could list a better one.

Nah didn't use the Entertainment Book, just Googled places around my girlfriends house and picked it. We now know that's a good place for dinner and will definitely go back there.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10355 times
Been liked: 1522 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:00 pm

HH3 wrote:We went to the St Kilda Hotel for tea on Saturday night.

Very very good for what seems like just a local pub. I had the surf n turf, which was almost $40, but well worth it. The missus had the seafood basket, which was the best I've ever seen at a pub, and I've had a few. Instead of the standard battered fish, she had a big, juicy grilled piece of salmon, as well as all the other goodies.

Then we walked over to the playground and me and my older brother acted like dickheads on the flying fox and swings.

St Kilda Hotel - 9.5/10

I got the standard chicken schnitty with mushroom gravy. Very good. Others had the gnocci, ceasar salad and something else, I can't remember. The gnocci was a little cold, but other than that, it was a decent meal.

I could google it but I assume the St.K hotel is somewhere near the playground ?
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:02 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

St Kilda Hotel - 9.5/10

I could google it but I assume the St.K hotel is somewhere near the playground ?

Right next door. Literally 2 minutes to walk from the pub to the big slides inside the hill.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:16 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

8.5/10

Nah didn't use the Entertainment Book, just Googled places around my girlfriends house and picked it. We now know that's a good place for dinner and will definitely go back there.

This is my hood :lol:

Highlander on a Monday from memory do a schnitzel night for $11 and it's pretty good but the inclusion of an excellent salad, veg and soup bar makes it a good option. 8.5/10
Hampstead is also solid but a little more pricey 7.5/10
OG was average last visit 6/10
The one on Fosters where Adelaide city train was rubbish 3/10
Grand Junction next to yatala where Greenies play looks dodgy but is pretty good 8/10
Bridgeway is always good as long as you don't order their Parmis (something not right there) 8/10

All within 5kms of the Windsor
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby The Ash Man » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:18 pm

St Kilda Hotel - 9.5/10

Isn't the St K owned by the couple that won My Restaurant Rules and owned the Greedy Goose?
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby carey » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:50 pm

Central Hotel-Port Pirie

Does the best meat lovers topping on a snitty ever! 10/10 awesome. And Wednesday night is Poker night.

Obviously miles away tho.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2810 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby HH3 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:23 pm

The Ash Man wrote:

St Kilda Hotel - 9.5/10

Isn't the St K owned by the couple that won My Restaurant Rules and owned the Greedy Goose?

I dont know.

They own Lickerish at Semaphore which I have reviewed before.

St Kilda Hotel is quality
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Stumps » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:31 am

they def did the food there but don't now. but doubt they own/owned it. Could be wrong tho
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:21 pm

Went to the Clovey tonight with my trusty entertainment voucher.
$29.90 for a schnitzel, steak and jug of lemonade

Service was friendly and good
Price was very good with the voucher
Venue was busy
Salad And Veg bar were OK, pretty standard and no complaints
Biscuits in the Pokies room were excellent as was the coffee
The meat in my chicken schnitzel was excellent
Once again we had excellent bread rolls

BUT unfortunately that's were the niceties end :(
I had a Kilpatrick sauce that was pretty bloody average, yeah it was shit and somewhat an odd colour. Normally this is a can't miss sauce but it sure did on this occasion
Mrs WW had the steak, um let me correct that Blondie, Messa and Willy (our dogs) had the steak as it tasted funny, was fatty and basically terrible. I had a bite and didn't want another that much is certain. It was brutal :vom: :vom:

3/10 - would not recommend and would not ever go back
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:02 pm

The Greenock Tavern.

I had the 500g Porterhouse schnitzel with mushroom gravy for $23.50, absolutely superb, proper mushrooms too.
A lesser man wouldnt have got through it all

9.5/10
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:33 pm

daysofourlives wrote:The Greenock Tavern.

I had the 500g Porterhouse schnitzel with mushroom gravy for $23.50, absolutely superb, proper mushrooms too.

9.5/10

Very solid score

Where is that located you machine?
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:12 am

9.5/10

500g for $23.50?

Why the **** haven't I been there yet?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:37 am

wristwatcher wrote:

9.5/10

Very solid score

Where is that located you machine?

greenock :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:48 am

Relish'd Burger Bar, Anzac Hwy Glenelg. ( Opposite the Landmark )

Little joint, nice people who run it and very nice burgers. Around the $15 mark for most of the burgers with chips.

Some odd additions to some of the range, like blue cheese on one of them, I went the "Piglet", very nice smoky bacon.

Perhaps not quite as good as 127 Days Road (well, not as good) but nonetheless a nice gourmet burger.

7.5/10.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7506 times
Been liked: 10801 times

Postby Stumps » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:46 pm

Another burger place opening up in the west soon Booney on port road hindmarsh- the people who own nordburger and its gonna be licenced!
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:24 pm

heater31 wrote:Mate Europe does a shit load better in a lot of things better than Adelaide.

We are way ahead after 200 years though. :)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:35 pm

Failed Creation wrote:

9.5/10

500g for $23.50?

Perfectly cooked, about 10mm thick and pink on the inside as all good things are ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Failed Creation » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:17 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

9.5/10

500g for $23.50?

Perfectly cooked, about 10mm thick and pink on the inside as all good things are ;)

My mouth is watering now... you bastard! :lol:
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion