6%
SMOSH West Lakes
6%

Total votes : 35

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:59 am

Cohiba wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Road to Glory wrote:I'd imagine modbury would have to be favourites coming down from div. 7 after making finals,
with PAC once again not far behind

I think you'll find TTG and Golden Grove will be around the mark again as well (both were far from disgraced by PAC).

Add to this PNU having an Under 18 Premiership side graduating to senior Footy, Unley being a strong C1 team, Old Ignatians being stiff to miss out last year, SMOSH coming down from Div 7 there's the potential for a very competitive grade

I think Golden Grove are a "monty" for the flag......per the list above..... GG vs GG final.....

TTG to be very handy, Wicks, Goldy, Ford all playing Cs this year
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby beef » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:22 pm

Could be a very long year for North Haven, based on previous seasons results. Last year i think they only beat Salisbury (no D grade this year) and Hope Valley (putting teams in correct grade this season)
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Hefty » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:57 pm

beef wrote:Could be a very long year for North Haven, based on previous seasons results. Last year i think they only beat Salisbury (no D grade this year) and Hope Valley (putting teams in correct grade this season)

How come Salisbury aren't fielding a D grade this year?? Seemed you had plenty of numbers last year and being in the D grade comp for a few years now....
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:19 pm

PNU D Grade forward line for Round 1

F ; Javor, J Battams, Rogers
HF ; T Burrows, D Aston , L Martin

4 association or mail medals, a few A grade B and Fs, some league footy and nearly 20 premierships between them.

Should be handy.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 848 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:20 pm

wristwatcher wrote:PNU D Grade forward line for Round 1

4 association or mail medals, a few A grade B and Fs, some league footy and nearly 20 premierships between them.

Should be handy.

I'd actually pay good money to see that :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby beef » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Hefty wrote:
beef wrote:Could be a very long year for North Haven, based on previous seasons results. Last year i think they only beat Salisbury (no D grade this year) and Hope Valley (putting teams in correct grade this season)

How come Salisbury aren't fielding a D grade this year?? Seemed you had plenty of numbers last year and being in the D grade comp for a few years now....

Numbers arent the problem, although probably a little lower than in the previous years. Decision the club made for various reasons, such as support staff were getting thin. Also hoping to bring whole club together a bit more with triple headers rather than always playing at different venues. We'll see how it goes but seems pretty positive for 99% of the club at the moment. May lose the odd C grader who cant play 10.15 time slot. Also have a C7 side and 3 womens teams so plenty of work gets done by volunteers over the whole weekend, without even including juniors.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:27 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Should be handy.

*This may be slightly embellished but im tipping you will see 3 of the above lining up for the D's in round 1
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Hefty » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:41 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Should be handy.

*This may be slightly embellished but im tipping you will see 3 of the above lining up for the D's in round 1

And by round 2 all out with hamstring/calf/achillies injuries ;)
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:33 pm

Hefty wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Should be handy.

And by round 2 all out with hamstring/calf/achillies injuries ;)

Go up to Div 7 then [emoji6]
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby finn » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:58 am

Darth Demon wrote:
jo172 wrote:Well now that we're confirmed we might as well get this going.

The ticker of a few clubs notwithstanding this is shaping up to be a very very strong division and I would be surprised if any two individual clubs end up as dominant as PAOC and Golden Grove were last year.

Don't underestimate the Jets……plenty of talent coming out of the crew from Unley/Mercedes.

Very unlucky to lose in last years C1 Finals. Should have beat ROCS in the 1st Semi going down by a point and then once again, snatched Defeat from the Jaws of Victory in the Last Quarter of the 2nd Semi against Uni. A definite Finals contender and very tough at Kingswood Oval. Will definitely learn from the experience of 2014, they will be a fit, fast and talented side.

Good running side that are better suited to larger decks than kingswood.
First time that a 48 point margin (12.22 to 7.4) and one that was increased in the last quarter could be called snatching defeat from the jaws of victory though.
The c1 grade is strong as well, both divisions shouldn't have too blowouts and I think that the grades will be closely fought with some unlucky sides come finals time.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Darth Demon » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:33 am

finn wrote:
Darth Demon wrote:
jo172 wrote:Well now that we're confirmed we might as well get this going.

The ticker of a few clubs notwithstanding this is shaping up to be a very very strong division and I would be surprised if any two individual clubs end up as dominant as PAOC and Golden Grove were last year.

Don't underestimate the Jets……plenty of talent coming out of the crew from Unley/Mercedes.

Very unlucky to lose in last years C1 Finals. Should have beat ROCS in the 1st Semi going down by a point and then once again, snatched Defeat from the Jaws of Victory in the Last Quarter of the 2nd Semi against Uni. A definite Finals contender and very tough at Kingswood Oval. Will definitely learn from the experience of 2014, they will be a fit, fast and talented side.

Good running side that are better suited to larger decks than kingswood.
First time that a 48 point margin (12.22 to 7.4) and one that was increased in the last quarter could be called snatching defeat from the jaws of victory though.
The c1 grade is strong as well, both divisions shouldn't have too blowouts and I think that the grades will be closely fought with some unlucky sides come finals time.

My points were related to The Jets prospects in D8 2015
1. Don't underestimate The Jets
2. Their record at Kingswood is excellent
3. I watched both their Finals matches and IMO The Jets had the opportunity to win both games, so IMO they were unlucky and they will learn from that experience
Good luck to all and Go Jets!
Darth Demon
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby Road to Glory » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:35 am

After speaking with a mate from Masson lakes ttg would have to be strong flag favourites after they were very competitive and still have quite a few superstars to come back in.
Road to Glory
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lucindale

Postby Haynzy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:05 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
Cohiba wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Road to Glory wrote:I'd imagine modbury would have to be favourites coming down from div. 7 after making finals,
with PAC once again not far behind

I think you'll find TTG and Golden Grove will be around the mark again as well (both were far from disgraced by PAC).

Add to this PNU having an Under 18 Premiership side graduating to senior Footy, Unley being a strong C1 team, Old Ignatians being stiff to miss out last year, SMOSH coming down from Div 7 there's the potential for a very competitive grade

I think Golden Grove are a "monty" for the flag......per the list above..... GG vs GG final.....

TTG to be very handy, Wicks, Goldy, Ford all playing Cs this year

I'm pretty sure Goldy isn't ready to drop down just yet and is still training with the A's and B's

Fordy kicked some handy goals on Friday night though....
Haynzy
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:32 pm

I am looking forward to standing PNU's legend and will be expecting the legendary headbutt
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:22 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:I am looking forward to standing PNU's legend and will be expecting the legendary headbutt

To the world this is just one post but to one poster this means the world ;)

Went for a big run tonight and left a puddle of vomitus on Wright Rd....Your more chance to get spewed on than head butted
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:12 am

wristwatcher wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:I am looking forward to standing PNU's legend and will be expecting the legendary headbutt

To the world this is just one post but to one poster this means the world ;)

Went for a big run tonight and left a puddle of vomitus on Wright Rd....Your more chance to get spewed on than head butted

Can I please umpire this game
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:19 am

sure, at least you wouldn't have to worry about keeping up ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:17 pm

i'll be the Goal Umpire and then I can report you both for impersonating a footballer. :lol: :lol: :lol:
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:22 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:i'll be the Goal Umpire and then I can report you both for impersonating a footballer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We will keep that in mind around finals time as you will be looking for something to do no doubt.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Sass! » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Great to see that common sense has prevailed with this purely C & D grade comp.. After playing a majority of my football in Div 7 at Modbury last year then finishing in Div 3 reserves i can safely say that i found it alot tougher playing in Div 7 at times. . Especially when injuries hit mid year and you C grade are losing 3-6 players a week and having up to 10 changes due to the movement in higher grades, will be excellent to play against clubs in similar positions all year..

We played GG on the weekend and admittedly they fielded a mainly D grade side with ours being a mixture of blokes who will play C, D's and E's but was a good hit out and its always a pleasure playing close to home.. Some old rivalries renewed with TTG, Hope Valley and Golden Grove all in the same Div. Dont think thats happened for some time.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League