Port Adelaide 2015

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Postby valleys07 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:41 am

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:After careful & concise consideration, I've come to the conclusion that extending Hinkley's contract is a shit decision purely because it's Port Adelaide doing it.

First thing we've got wrong in 2 years! Tough judge. ;)

Brad Scott got awarded a one year extension at the end of 2010 when North missed the finals- Hinkley pushed for 2 under that model :lol:
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 769 times
Been liked: 1173 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MW » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:06 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Booney IMO it's risk vs reward. Hinkley has had success no doubt, but they have not won the flag under his coaching. He is now locked away for another 4 years. Obviously this could work out famously esp. if they snag a couple of flags in the next few years, but if they don't?
I am not a big believer in extending a contract so far in advance.

I can't agree. Rookie coaches sign 2-3 year contracts, how does your theory work there?
Remember, contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on anymore.

Simple. If the rookie coach is seen to be no good after 2-3 years, they will flick him.
With Hinkley, you've got your initial 4 year contract. 2 years in, all going well. No ultimate success however. What if the next 2 years are crap?

Anyway odds are this is not the case and he will be around for a long time!
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:12 pm

Four n Twenty hops on board as a premier partner:

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... t-adelaide
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:25 pm

I hope people who eat Four'N'Twenty pies ring the complaints department and ask why have they chosen to support Port Adelaide!

@Footy Chick
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7635 times
Been liked: 11104 times

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:28 pm

Booney wrote:I hope people who eat Four'N'Twenty pies ring the complaints department and ask why have they chosen to support Port Adelaide!

@Footy Chick

Damn was gonna have a $3 fourntwenty when i go to see adelaide v collingwood in round 2. Cant be seen to support your sponsors ;)
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
Booney wrote:I hope people who eat Four'N'Twenty pies ring the complaints department and ask why have they chosen to support Port Adelaide!

@Footy Chick

Damn was gonna have a $3 fourntwenty when i go to see adelaide v collingwood in round 2. Cant be seen to support your sponsors ;)

I know that's a joke, nowhere sells $3 pies!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Booney wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:

@Footy Chick

I read that etihad stadium have changed their pie price..... my waist line will be happy :D
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby alcho-pop » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
Booney wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:

@Footy Chick

I read that etihad stadium have changed their pie price..... my waist line will be happy :D

Only for sunday games I believe and I'm pretty sure round 2 is on a saturday. You'll have to wait until round 4 against the Bulldogs to enjoy a $3 pie - then run it/them off with kick and catch after the game.
alcho-pop

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:04 pm

@Footy Chick

Time for a Vilis.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1728 times
Been liked: 1833 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:01 am

Fair and reasonable I would have thought.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/esse ... mb6wp.html

Port Adelaide will push for compensation should they lose two of their key players to anti-doping suspensions as a result of the Essendon drugs program of 2012.

Club chief Keith Thomas confirmed to Fairfax Media that his club would not simply accept losing the services of both Angus Monfries and Paddy Ryder as the club launches its 2015 campaign.

Stressing he remained hopeful if not confident his players would be cleared by the AFL's anti-doping tribunal on Tuesday, Thomas said the Power would at the very least push for clearance to promote a player from their rookie list.

Advertisement

"We would argue certainly where Angus is concerned that we had no knowledge of what he had potentially been through when we recruited him at the end of 2012," Thomas said. "With Paddy we knew what we were getting and we were prepared to take the risk. But no one had knowledge of the situation two years earlier.

"We will wait for the outcome but in the worse-case scenario we would look at applying to the AFL for compensation by potentially upgrading a rookie."

Monfries and Ryder, who last year rejected suggestions by Port that they seek independent legal representation, have chosen to remain in Adelaide for the findings of the AFL anti-doping tribunal. Although the club offered to fly them to Melbourne to join their former Essendon team-mates, the pair will be together at Port's Alberton headquarters with club football boss Chris Davies.

The Port Adelaide compensation push is expected to raise legal issues of personal liability also related to the trading of players harbouring injuries or illegal drug strikes. It is understood that Collingwood will also look to the AFL to seek a more systematic approach in the wake of future anti-doping suspensions.

Changes to the World Anti-Doping code passed by the AFL Commission last week handed the league more leverage on Monday in managing the Collingwood positive drug tests. That leverage empowered the AFL to reveal the status and timing of the positive drug tests of Lachlan Keefe and Josh Thomas.

However, should the Collingwood players, who like Ryan Crowley have engaged independent lawyers, choose to fight the charges, that could delay the Magpies' move to promote replacement players onto their senior list
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:08 am

Booney wrote:Fair and reasonable I would have thought.

Port Adelaide will push for compensation should they lose two of their key players to anti-doping suspensions as a result of the Essendon drugs program of 2012.

Club chief Keith Thomas confirmed to Fairfax Media that his club would not simply accept losing the services of both Angus Monfries and Paddy Ryder as the club launches its 2015 campaign.

Stressing he remained hopeful if not confident his players would be cleared by the AFL's anti-doping tribunal on Tuesday, Thomas said the Power would at the very least push for clearance to promote a player from their rookie list.

Advertisement

"We would argue certainly where Angus is concerned that we had no knowledge of what he had potentially been through when we recruited him at the end of 2012," Thomas said. "With Paddy we knew what we were getting and we were prepared to take the risk. But no one had knowledge of the situation two years earlier.

"We will wait for the outcome but in the worse-case scenario we would look at applying to the AFL for compensation by potentially upgrading a rookie."

Monfries and Ryder, who last year rejected suggestions by Port that they seek independent legal representation, have chosen to remain in Adelaide for the findings of the AFL anti-doping tribunal. Although the club offered to fly them to Melbourne to join their former Essendon team-mates, the pair will be together at Port's Alberton headquarters with club football boss Chris Davies.

The Port Adelaide compensation push is expected to raise legal issues of personal liability also related to the trading of players harbouring injuries or illegal drug strikes. It is understood that Collingwood will also look to the AFL to seek a more systematic approach in the wake of future anti-doping suspensions.

Changes to the World Anti-Doping code passed by the AFL Commission last week handed the league more leverage on Monday in managing the Collingwood positive drug tests. That leverage empowered the AFL to reveal the status and timing of the positive drug tests of Lachlan Keefe and Josh Thomas.

However, should the Collingwood players, who like Ryan Crowley have engaged independent lawyers, choose to fight the charges, that could delay the Magpies' move to promote replacement players onto their senior list

Absolute rubbish, you blokes picked them up full well this could happen.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3068 times
Been liked: 2437 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:17 am

When did the drug scandal break?

Essendon "self reported" to the AFL on February 5th 2013.

Monfries left Essendon in October 2012 and signed with Port Adelaide 8th October 2012.

So what is it you said again? Knew full well, full well what?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:24 am

Booney wrote:When did the drug scandal break?

Monfries left Essendon in October 2012 and signed with Port Adelaide 8th October 2012.

not sure what you are talking about...

i'll see myself out...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:26 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:Fair and reasonable I would have thought.

Advertisement

Absolute rubbish, you blokes picked them up full well this could happen.

Quoted for prosperity. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:32 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:When did the drug scandal break?

not sure what you are talking about...

i'll see myself out...

Some of your sharpest work there wubby :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5711 times
Been liked: 5277 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:34 am

Can we have a do over?
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:35 am

No probs with Gus but lol at wanting one for Ryder considering you actually poached him knowing full well what the outcome could be
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3654 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:36 am

Jim05 wrote:No probs with Gus but lol at wanting one for Ryder considering you actually poached him knowing full well what the outcome could be

yeah that's what i meant... Yeah Ryder, no compo for him :D
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:53 am

Jim05 wrote:No probs with Gus but lol at wanting one for Ryder considering you actually poached him knowing full well what the outcome could be

Read the article, it clearly states it's only Gus and not Ryder.

We would argue certainly where Angus is concerned that we had no knowledge of what he had potentially been through when we recruited him at the end of 2012," Thomas said. "With Paddy we knew what we were getting and we were prepared to take the risk. But no one had knowledge of the situation two years earlier.

Did wub12 just hack Jims account? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:58 am

:lol:

valleys07
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL