I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Jase » Tue May 19, 2015 8:30 pm

mickey wrote:If this advice is still current ;)

Not being much of a drinker really (apart from a bit of home brew), if i had 5 pints, i wouldn't be able to find my car never mind drive it...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1529 times
Been liked: 573 times

Postby Spargo » Tue May 19, 2015 9:17 pm

Health Commission 1972 - the good ol' days :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5713 times
Been liked: 5277 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Thu May 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Does anyone here recall Booney mentioning that he was going on an overseas holiday? He kept that quiet.

Anyhoo, in other news - are there any budding gardeners amongst us here? Looking for some ideas for plants to stick in the front yard.

Rules:

1) No flowers
2) Must be drought resistant because there's a fair chance the only water they'll get is from the sky.
3) Would prefer natives
4) This thread is useless without pics otherwise i'll have NFI what you're on about.

@Q. to thread?

Thailand. Mrs Boon turning 40. 8 nights, no kids, 4 other couples. 5 nights down with 3 to go. AMAZING!!! ( Google Beyond Resort Khao lak and Bond Island among a more detailed blog to come )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7641 times
Been liked: 11105 times

Postby heater31 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:50 pm

The AFL online shop selling kits for punters to knit their own beanie or scarf......are the Crows kits sold out?
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby GWW » Wed May 27, 2015 9:20 am

Im getting a new back door put in today, but the guy installing it wont take the old one as its got some glass in it.

Apart from hiring/borrowing a trailer, and taking it all to the dump, has anyone got any suggestions?

If cutting the glass out, what would we use?

Councils apparently wont take any hard rubbish items with glass, either.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:29 am

Put it out the front of your house

for sale $30
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12336 times
Been liked: 3926 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 27, 2015 9:37 am

GWW wrote:Im getting a new back door put in today, but the guy installing it wont take the old one as its got some glass in it.

Apart from hiring/borrowing a trailer, and taking it all to the dump, has anyone got any suggestions?

If cutting the glass out, what would we use?

Councils apparently wont take any hard rubbish items with glass, either.

There was something on Better homes and gardens last week about removing glass from a window, was it a fully glass door?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1753 times
Been liked: 2173 times

Postby GWW » Wed May 27, 2015 11:13 am

Not fully glass.

I will search for Better H & G info. Thanks :)
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby HH3 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:03 pm

This might sound creepy, but my missus was talking to some other girls about their "celebrity pass" thingo. (The one celebrity they should be able to bone without consequence if given the opportunity)

Well they asked me who mine was, and I said it used to be Mila Kunis, but she got old, so now its Chloë Grace Moretz,

They called me a creep coz she's young but shes 18, so all clear ;)

Has anyone else actually discussed this with the missus, just in case?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri May 29, 2015 3:07 pm

GWW wrote:Not fully glass.

I will search for Better H & G info. Thanks :)

Smash it and put it in the bin...
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 661 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Jase » Fri May 29, 2015 4:17 pm

HH3 wrote:This might sound creepy, but my missus was talking to some other girls about their "celebrity pass" thingo. (The one celebrity they should be able to bone without consequence if given the opportunity)

Well they asked me who mine was, and I said it used to be Mila Kunis, but she got old, so now its Chloë Grace Moretz,

Yep Sure have...

I have my Pass - Gwen Stefani (I'm showing my age now :) )
She has her's - Henry Caville (the new Superman dude, also from the Tudors)...

no problems here...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1529 times
Been liked: 573 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri May 29, 2015 4:27 pm

HH3 wrote:This might sound creepy, but my missus was talking to some other girls about their "celebrity pass" thingo. (The one celebrity they should be able to bone without consequence if given the opportunity)

The creepy bit is she isn't 18 in any of her movies, and was 13 when the first kickass came out :)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:16 am

Why do we have to double click our mouse, why can't we just click it once?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4369 times
Been liked: 8085 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:17 am

When you're referring to a computer mouse, if there are multiple, are they mouse's or still mice?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4369 times
Been liked: 8085 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Why do we have to double click our mouse, why can't we just click it once?

If you want to move a file you usually single click it then you can click/drag. So that's why there is a double click to differentiate between these.

think about organising a folder structure with a bunch of files. Would be pretty annoying if a single click opened those files.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:When you're referring to a computer mouse, if there are multiple, are they mouse's or still mice?

Meece.

As in, I hate meeces to pieces ;)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby fisho mcspaz » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:19 pm

OK, I've just written this complaint letter to my supermarket - they've got a 'contact us' form on their website. It's a small supermarket and I shop there every day so they're familiar with my face, and they dealt with me today when I came in to try and get a refund on a spoiled piece of fish. So they're going to be able to put a face to the name on the letter. My question is: are they going to be pissed off about it? I don't want to get dagger glares and people muttering 'There's that fish lady. Make sure you pack her bread at the bottom.' Here's the letter - I tried to make it as inoffensive as I could, but I was pretty f***ing annoyed:

Hi,

I'm just writing in regard to a piece of salmon I purchased from the deli on June 11, which turned out to be off. I came in today (June 12) to return it, and was given another piece of salmon in exchange. The second piece was smaller than the first and cost less; I was not offered a refund at all, but when I pointed out that the second piece of salmon was cheaper, I was refunded the balance.

Anyway, the main reason I'm writing is to suggest that in future, if people purchase items that are spoiled or not fresh, they should be entitled to a full refund on the item in question as well as the offer to exchange it for a fresh item. I was surprised that I was not offered a refund, because it was an inconvenience to me that the fish was off. If I'd eaten it I might have been sick as a result; as it was, I didn't have anything else to make dinner with because it was late and the shops were shut. Actually, that's probably part of the reason why I've got a bee in my bonnet about this salmon. Because I had to have broccoli on its own for dinner and it sucked so much. (That's not Foodland's fault, that's my fault. For being slack about grocery shopping. But complaint letters seem like a logical next step when you're in a glum mood from having eaten what looks like a miniature bonsai forest for dinner the night before.)

Sorry about this - I don't like writing complaint letters, and it doesn't reflect how I feel about this Foodland in general, because I reckon it's a great place to shop. I've always thought the prices and service were excellent, and the woman I spoke to at the checkout desk today who handled this matter was lovely. And in about ten years of shopping here, it's the first and only time I've ever bought anything that wasn't fresh. So odds are it'll probably never happen again. But if it does, I'd like to be offered a refund. That's all.

Cheers,

Kate

I haven't sent it yet - should I? Or should I just go back down and ask to speak to the manager? Either way, they'll know it was me who complained. I could just not complain, but I don't want to, because I think I should have been entitled to a bloody refund.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Mythical Creature » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:40 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:OK, I've just written this complaint letter to my supermarket - they've got a 'contact us' form on their website. It's a small supermarket and I shop there every day so they're familiar with my face, and they dealt with me today when I came in to try and get a refund on a spoiled piece of fish. So they're going to be able to put a face to the name on the letter. My question is: are they going to be pissed off about it? I don't want to get dagger glares and people muttering 'There's that fish lady. Make sure you pack her bread at the bottom.' Here's the letter - I tried to make it as inoffensive as I could, but I was pretty f***ing annoyed:

Hi,

I'm just writing in regard to a piece of salmon I purchased from the deli on June 11, which turned out to be off. I came in today (June 12) to return it, and was given another piece of salmon in exchange. The second piece was smaller than the first and cost less; I was not offered a refund at all, but when I pointed out that the second piece of salmon was cheaper, I was refunded the balance.

Anyway, the main reason I'm writing is to suggest that in future, if people purchase items that are spoiled or not fresh, they should be entitled to a full refund on the item in question as well as the offer to exchange it for a fresh item. I was surprised that I was not offered a refund, because it was an inconvenience to me that the fish was off. If I'd eaten it I might have been sick as a result; as it was, I didn't have anything else to make dinner with because it was late and the shops were shut. Actually, that's probably part of the reason why I've got a bee in my bonnet about this salmon. Because I had to have broccoli on its own for dinner and it sucked so much. (That's not Foodland's fault, that's my fault. For being slack about grocery shopping. But complaint letters seem like a logical next step when you're in a glum mood from having eaten what looks like a miniature bonsai forest for dinner the night before.)

Sorry about this - I don't like writing complaint letters, and it doesn't reflect how I feel about this Foodland in general, because I reckon it's a great place to shop. I've always thought the prices and service were excellent, and the woman I spoke to at the checkout desk today who handled this matter was lovely. And in about ten years of shopping here, it's the first and only time I've ever bought anything that wasn't fresh. So odds are it'll probably never happen again. But if it does, I'd like to be offered a refund. That's all.

Cheers,

Kate

I haven't sent it yet - should I? Or should I just go back down and ask to speak to the manager? Either way, they'll know it was me who complained. I could just not complain, but I don't want to, because I think I should have been entitled to a bloody refund.

Whats the problem? You got what you wanted and exchanged a bad piece of fish for hopefully a better piece, and you were given the difference in price.

It's not like its Foodlands fault that the fish was "off" unless they sold it outside the date. Pretty sure they just buy it in, shelve it and sell it.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 240 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:46 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:OK, I've just written this complaint letter to my supermarket - they've got a 'contact us' form on their website. It's a small supermarket and I shop there every day so they're familiar with my face, and they dealt with me today when I came in to try and get a refund on a spoiled piece of fish. So they're going to be able to put a face to the name on the letter. My question is: are they going to be pissed off about it? I don't want to get dagger glares and people muttering 'There's that fish lady. Make sure you pack her bread at the bottom.' Here's the letter - I tried to make it as inoffensive as I could, but I was pretty f***ing annoyed:

Hi,

Cheers,

Kate

Overall it's good but a bit grandpa simpson, I dont think they're really bothered that you had to have broccoli on it's own for dinner :lol: Take out this bit:

Actually, that's probably part of the reason why I've got a bee in my bonnet about this salmon. Because I had to have broccoli on its own for dinner and it sucked so much. (That's not Foodland's fault, that's my fault. For being slack about grocery shopping. But complaint letters seem like a logical next step when you're in a glum mood from having eaten what looks like a miniature bonsai forest for dinner the night before.)

Footy Chick

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:06 pm

I'm not sure you should be asking for both a refund and a new bit of fish. Would have though you would be entitled to either or, and it sounds like you were. Not quite sure what the problem is.
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion