R9 - Glenelg v North @ Gliderol Stadium (Mon 8/6)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R9 - Glenelg v North @ Gliderol Stadium (Mon 8/6)

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:23 pm

matt35 wrote:So good walking out of the ground after seeing a win; said to my partner as we left, it's been nine months since we've had this feeling! Made even better by the fact that our last home game was an embarrassment!

First quarter was really important I thought; to go in only two points down in to the wind was a really good effort. From that point on, 15 goals were kicked with the wind and only 3 against. Also it is not the first time this season we have finished strongly, hopefully this is a good sign for the future.

Bring on the Panthers!

Famous last words.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1817 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:20 am

matt35 wrote:So good walking out of the ground after seeing a win; said to my partner as we left, it's been nine months since we've had this feeling! Made even better by the fact that our last home game was an embarrassment!

First quarter was really important I thought; to go in only two points down in to the wind was a really good effort. From that point on, 15 goals were kicked with the wind and only 3 against. Also it is not the first time this season we have finished strongly, hopefully this is a good sign for the future.

Bring on the Panthers!

Glenelg had nothing to do with being only 2 points down at qtr time. That was all down to North's inefficiency and poor kicking for goal. So I wouldn't flatter yourself too muck on that point.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 am

stampy wrote:thought johansen was our best today, not much of him but he can play

Agreed. Always thought he was pretty good at Port and was very surprised when he joined Glenelg.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:32 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Once again North Adelaide is our Bitch!!! Just when we need a win along come North Adelaide to help us out to show that they are more pathetic than us!!!!!!

Once again, more pathetic than you!!
This from a club who has "won" the spoon for the last 2 years, had to sack your last coach after he was found guilty of beating up his wife and have to rely on handouts from your local council to survive.
I'd hardly call a win over North makes us more pathetic than your mob.

Still, it is your 1st win in 9 months apparently so enjoy. We deserved to lose it.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:37 am

RoosterMan wrote:Words can't describe how shit we were yesterday.

I couldn't believe the amount of chances we had and spurned them all.

Darren Shillabeer was the only bloke who could hold his head high after kicking 5 goals.

Loved that goal by Nicholas Amato though.

Todd Miles absolutely gifted it to Bays with that horrible handpass that lead to that Bays goal.

Ken McGregor's head is well and truly on the guillotine now if it wasn't already.

It was a performance that brought shame to the famous red and white jumper and Ken Farmer would be rolling in his grave after that inspid and pathetic performance.

Bit unfair on Cameron Craig who kept Alleway down to only 1 goal, kicked after the game was already over. Thought that was a pretty decent effort.
Agree about the shocker of a handpass but to be fair Miles has been a standout in a pretty undermanned defence this year.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:50 am

johntheclaret wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Once again North Adelaide is our Bitch!!! Just when we need a win along come North Adelaide to help us out to show that they are more pathetic than us!!!!!!

This from a club who has "won" the spoon for the last 2 years, had to sack your last coach after he was found guilty of beating up his wife and have to rely on handouts from your local council to survive.

Still, it is your 1st win in 9 months apparently so enjoy. We deserved to lose it.

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good story, hey?

We are relying as much as on handouts from the council to survive as you only survived due to a large donation from Rob Gerard. We both know, both those statements are wrong.

Yes we've renegotiated our loan repayments with the council so we can stabilise our financial position. Yes Rob Gerard went as guarantor for your loans to set up your gaming establishments.

yes we do get the occasional grant from the council to make improvement to the Gliderol Stadium facility bit like North part funded their Grandstand/gym redevelopment with monies from the Prospect council.

Facts are good on this interweb thngy sometines, eh? :D

Where are we, the GFC, at the minute? I think Churchill said it best once: "This is not the end, this is not the beginning of the end but maybe it is the end of the beginning"
Last edited by am Bays on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby on the rails » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:55 am

Sorry AM Bays but we never got a Gerard handout - all he did was go guarantor on borrowings to help set up Sefton Park the same opportunity Glenelg and other clubs have using influential rich supporters. Using rate payers money to prop up a club that can't manage itself is not something that sits well with me as a rate payer of this council. Anyhow that's old news rehashed - well done to Glenelg for getting off bottom spot.
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:57 am

am Bays wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good story, hey?

We are relying as much as on handouts from the council to survive as you only survived due to a large donation from Rob Gerard. We both know, both those statements are wrong.

Yes we've renegotiated our loan repayments with the council so we can stabilise our financial position. Yes Rob Gerard went as guarantor for your loans to set up your gaming establishments.

yes we do get the occasional grant from the council to make improvement to the Gliderol Stadium facility bit like North part funded their Grandstand/gym redevelopment with monies from the Prospect council.

Facts are good on this interweb thngy sometines, eh? :D

Ok but 2 out of 3 ain't bad ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:58 am

on the rails wrote:Sorry AM Bays but we never got a Gerard handout - all he did was go guarantor on borrowings to help set up Sefton Park the same opportunity Glenelg and other clubs have using influential rich supporters. Using rate payers money to prop up a club that can't manage itself is not something that sits well with me as a rate payer of this council. Anyhow that's old news rehashed - well done to Glenelg for getting off bottom spot.

am Bays wrote: We are relying as much as on handouts from the council to survive as you only survived due to a large donation from Rob Gerard. We both know, both those statements are wrong.

Yes Rob Gerard went as guarantor for your loans to set up your gaming establishments.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:07 am

am Bays wrote:
on the rails wrote:Sorry AM Bays but we never got a Gerard handout - all he did was go guarantor on borrowings to help set up Sefton Park the same opportunity Glenelg and other clubs have using influential rich supporters. Using rate payers money to prop up a club that can't manage itself is not something that sits well with me as a rate payer of this council. Anyhow that's old news rehashed - well done to Glenelg for getting off bottom spot.

am Bays wrote: We are relying as much as on handouts from the council to survive as you only survived due to a large donation from Rob Gerard. We both know, both those statements are wrong.

Yes Rob Gerard went as guarantor for your loans to set up your gaming establishments.

:lol:
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:08 am

So Am Bays, what you're saying is there's no Glenelg Financial Crisis at Tigerland, despite the fact you've been playing sub your prime for quite some time now?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby am Bays » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:16 am

Yeah, nah, all I'm saying is that we still have a lot of work to do on field and off field to get where we want to be but we'll deal with the facts of the situation.

Listen just let me enjoy the win will ya, you lot! [-o<
am Bays
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 am

am Bays wrote:Yeah, nah, all I'm saying is that we still have a lot of work to do on field and off field to get where we want to be but we'll deal with the facts of the situation.

Listen just let me enjoy the win will ya, you lot! [-o<
:D
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:42 am

We off da bottom!

Small things...
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby 24laceup » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:35 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

clutching at insults now are we???
and 9" rounds" of home and away is more accurate johnny boy :?
Lets face it on the day you lot were shittier than us ;)
24laceup
Mini-League

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:13 am

24laceup wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

clutching at insults now are we???
and 9" rounds" of home and away is more accurate johnny boy :?
Lets face it on the day you lot were shittier than us ;)

True.
Just putting into perspective "patheticness"
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:56 am

What a great thread.

I think I'll bump the Bays v Legs thread from May 2008 next, that was a good thread too....
am Bays
Coach

Postby JK » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:18 am

am Bays wrote:What a great thread.

I think I'll bump the Bays v Legs thread from May 2008 next, that was a good thread too....

Tempted to report this post
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Spargo » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:23 am

:lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL