Norwood FC statement

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Norwood FC statement

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:44 pm

It has been reported that during the game against Port Adelaide Magpies on Saturday a comment with racist overtones was directed at the Port Adelaide runner. The Norwood Football Club wishes to reaffirm its total rejection and condemnation of any racist behaviour and we would appreciate it if members and supporters, whenever they observe such behaviour, could report it immediately to our security staff

http://www.norwoodfc.com.au/News/LATEST ... ACISM.aspx

Quality folks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10718 times

Re: Norwood FC statement

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Hope people don't make assumptions, they did when Delaney got hit in the head by a rock thinking it was a North supporter only to be proven it was a Port supporter later.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2009 times
Been liked: 3846 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JK » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:21 pm

Indigenous round too wasn't it? Good form by the club, just a shame that the person(s) involved weren't brought to account on the day.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4432 times
Been liked: 2976 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:09 pm

To start with i do not condone racist comments.

However i can sense the frustration by a lot of Norwood and all SANFL footy supporters at the overuse of PAFC runners they have quite a history of this.

There are other ways of getting the message across e mail your presidents or phone them and lodge complaints.

I always thought the role of a runner was to deliver a message and GET OFF TH GROUND .

I assume the runner was Eugene Warrior from what i have read he has been spending an extraordinary time on the ground at most of the games coaching these poor headless players that cannot make decisions.

This has been happening for most of this year.

I know that the the Sturt president lodged a complaint with the SANFL and this spineless mob just gave the PAFC a warning.

Against my better judgement and refusal to attend AFL RESERVES games i was convinced to attend the Centrals v Power Reserves at Elizabeth the same tactic was used by the PAFC ie Eugene being the 19th man on the field of play.

I would say that in the last quarter at Elizabeth he spent at least 20 minutes on the ground coaching.

He was booed and jeered by quite a number angry supporters he was voted BOG on the day for his fantastic effort of on field coaching good job you won the game. ( PS and no racist comments were heard against Eugene )

Personally i was disappointed and irate that i e mailed Kris Grant of my concerns of the blatant cheating by a 50 million dollar AFL club very pathetic by the PAFC to win at all costs also mentioned the possibility of violence at SANFL games Kris contacted the SANFL and also forwarded my email to them.

Obviously no action has been taken what a gutless and spineless organisation we have now one that panders to the AFL.

To tell you the truth i have not followed it up with Kris.

So once again.

NO AFL IN THE SANFL.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby southee » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:To start with i do not condone racist comments.

However i can sense the frustration by a lot of Norwood and all SANFL footy supporters at the overuse of PAFC runners they have quite a history of this.

There are other ways of getting the message across e mail your presidents or phone them and lodge complaints.

I always thought the role of a runner was to deliver a message and GET OFF TH GROUND .

I assume the runner was Eugene Warrior from what i have read he has been spending an extraordinary time on the ground at most of the games coaching these poor headless players that cannot make decisions.

I know that the the Sturt president lodged a complaint with the SANFL and this spineless mob just gave the PAFC a warning.

Against my better judgement and refusal to attend AFL RESERVES games i was convinced to attend the Centrals v Power Reserves at Elizabeth the same tactic was used by the PAFC ie Eugene being the 19th man on the field of play.

I would say that in the last quarter at Elizabeth he spent at least 20 minutes on the ground coaching.

He was booed and jeered by quite a number angry supporters he was voted BOG on the day for his fantastic effort of on field coaching good job you won the game. ( PS and no racist comments were heard against Eugene )

Personally i was disappointed and irate that i e mailed Kris Grant of my concerns of the blatant cheating by a 50 million dollar AFL club very pathetic by the PAFC to win at all costs also mentioned the possibility of violence at SANFL games Kris contacted the SANFL and also forwarded my email to them.

Obviously no action has been taken what a gutless and spineless organisation we have now one that panders to the AFL.

So once again.

NO AFL IN THE SANFL.

Port are a law to themselves while they are in the SANFL competition. They can do what they want, when they want and unfortunately Apachebulldog we can do nothing about it as the SANFL bend over to their rules. We (South/Centrals) tried Apachebullog with our clubs standing alone and voted NO as were knew what the result was going to be and here were are!!!
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:44 am

Apachebulldog wrote:To start with i do not condone racist comments.

So once again.

NO AFL IN THE SANFL.

You might not condone racist comments but you seem to have gone a long way to try and justify them. ( Alleged comments )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby another grub » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:06 am

As per my post on the other thread i thought the continual tirade all day towards warrior from the western stand was a bit over the top (didnt he once play for norwood?). It was mainly stuff about how long he was on the ground, his size, eating habits, all the fast food jokes etc. Didnt hear anything racial.
When the supporters actually started supporting their side and forgot about what warrior was doing for 2 minutes they actually started playing better.
As i said i thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere of the legs supporters in the last half and after the game, great stuff but didnt like the abuse to warrior ALL day.
Personally i dont think he does a lot of coaching out there, you can hardly hear him, its more signals etc. If port are pushing the limit with the time he spends out there then why arent other clubs doing it? How many new messages is he missing by being out there that long. Mountain out of a molehill.
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 423 times
Been liked: 400 times

Postby TimmiesChin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:40 am

another grub wrote:Personally i don't think he does a lot of coaching out there, you can hardly hear him, its more signals etc. If port are pushing the limit with the time he spends out there then why aren't other clubs doing it? How many new messages is he missing by being out there that long. Mountain out of a molehill.

I reckon at all levels of footy - amateurs up I've heard club bitch and moan about how long the opposition runner is out there since day dot, and in most cases most clubs are guilty of it - if its really a crime. If its a real problem, then rules should be written around it, and acted upon by umpires. If its not a problem, then all clubs are free to work within the rules.
Sometimes runners are held up by play, or have multiple messages to deliver, but at least at AFL level (and maybe SANFL) it may be possible to control by having a timer go when the runner enters the field, and a time limit they have to be off under, with a strike system - x strikes and a free is given away etc. Ie they have 3 minutes to get on and off. .... of course that's if it really is a problem, and not just another reason for clubs to whinge.

I must admit the comment above about not condoning racism, but then proceeding to defend racism was a little over the top, along the lines of .... "I don't condone racism ..... but he was on the ground too long, the supporters were frustrated so its probably ok" ...
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby another grub » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:02 am

If people think that a runner coaching from 20 meters away affects the result of a football match they are delusional. I hear it at local football games too and it gets boring hearing it all day. Forget about it and worry about your own side. Having been a runner at local level once or twice it is often hard to get to the player to deliver the message if its continual stoppages or he runs to the other end ofthe groud jn th play etc. (Often i didnt deliver the message due to not being able to get to the player within a minute or two)
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 423 times
Been liked: 400 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:30 am

I'm pretty sure Warrior is the only runner to have ever spent too long on the ground since the beginning of time. Or, so it seems.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Grahaml » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:53 pm

Of course he isn't. Arnfield was well known for it too.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:13 pm

The topic of runners spending too much time on field or 'coaching' on field is a farce! How are they interrupting play at all? It doesn't affect anyone if the runner is out there delivering messages.. Remember who the runner is delivering messages from, the COACH.. So how can anyone say that runners 'coaching' is against any law or spirit of the game, he is only delivering what the coach tells him, which is often coaching instruction.. It really shouldn't be an issue since BOTH sides have runners, so its not disadvantaging anyone..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:36 pm

Filling holes. Crowding zones. Becoming involved in the game verbally and as a physical presence.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:37 pm

human_torpedo wrote:The topic of runners spending too much time on field or 'coaching' on field is a farce! How are they interrupting play at all? It doesn't affect anyone if the runner is out there delivering messages.. Remember who the runner is delivering messages from, the COACH.. So how can anyone say that runners 'coaching' is against any law or spirit of the game, he is only delivering what the coach tells him, which is often coaching instruction.. It really shouldn't be an issue since BOTH sides have runners, so its not disadvantaging anyone..

It's not a farce mate as some stay out on the ground and coach as the game goes on, not delivering messages from the coach and it is happening with some more than others. Some runners and trainers have even been used to "fill space" on grounds too. The SANFL had to even bring in a rule that all trainers weren't allowed inside the 50 metre arc when the ball is kicked out after a point.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2009 times
Been liked: 3846 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:39 pm

another grub wrote:If people think that a runner coaching from 20 meters away affects the result of a football match they are delusional. I hear it at local football games too and it gets boring hearing it all day. Forget about it and worry about your own side. Having been a runner at local level once or twice it is often hard to get to the player to deliver the message if its continual stoppages or he runs to the other end ofthe groud jn th play etc. (Often i didnt deliver the message due to not being able to get to the player within a minute or two)

Absolute rubbish were you at the game at Elizabeth he spent most of the last quarter on the ground.

Yes he delivered the messages so why did he not get off PRONTO.

That's right he stayed on the ground directing players where to go and fill the holes telling them what to do so really in a close game every edge counts BLATANT cheating in my book.

Instead of all supporters just only watching the play also watch what the runners ESPECIALLY the POWER RESERVES and see what is really happening

Comment please from Sturt supporters you president also lodged a complaint to the SANFL.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:48 pm

just get your club runner to run with Warrior
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11782 times
Been liked: 3577 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:56 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:just get your club runner to run with Warrior

Or just get a player to "accidently" take him out
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3533 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby wild dog » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:03 pm

:lol: Would love to see that.

Can tell the posters that haven't played much footy with comments downplaying the presence of a runner consistently on the field, reinforcing roles, tactics and encouragement.

None of that justifies racial vilification.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:05 pm

Warrior must be in trouble again................
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:06 pm

I was out injured one day and took the runner's role and was asked to do exactly that.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL