1st Semi Final - Power Reserves v Centrals

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 1st Semi Final - Power Reserves v Centrals

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:23 pm

Booney wrote:
cennals05 wrote:Have to make special mention of the charming 50ish year old Port lady who was telling every Centrals supporter that walked past that they would be lining up at Centrelink on Monday. It was a bit rich coming from a lady with bleach blonde hair, a huge tattoo on her back who still thinks she can shop at Supre instead of Joyreen. Considering she looked like she'd just walked in from Hanson Rd, I'm not sure she should have been giving anyone shit.

I think I know the one, nice flowing silky black and white dress?

She sat next to us and gave us that one too. I asked her when she was returning to her cabin in the forest.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Booney wrote:Reality is you think you "come from the other side of town" when many of you are very Port Adelaide-like. That's some reality for you. :D

Majority of us are from over here Booney, that is a reality also. But we also have enough supporters that even a small percentage of us would count as "many" when compared to some clubs, and that's all I am saying Mr Boon, we have a large supporter base, even without the bandwagon. You can bring up these side tracks if you like and I am happy to admit that we have many supporters from other sides of town. Elizabeth, for example, is home for many a Sturt supporter I have met, owing I believe, to the fact that it grew rapidly in size during the 60's when Sturt were the powerhouse. So, while you could say that the Sturt turnout at Alberton this year were from nearby, they still outnumbered the Port folk, who you have quite rightly pointed out, just aren't passionate about their team anymore.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:31 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Booney wrote:
cennals05 wrote:Have to make special mention of the charming 50ish year old Port lady who was telling every Centrals supporter that walked past that they would be lining up at Centrelink on Monday. It was a bit rich coming from a lady with bleach blonde hair, a huge tattoo on her back who still thinks she can shop at Supre instead of Joyreen. Considering she looked like she'd just walked in from Hanson Rd, I'm not sure she should have been giving anyone shit.

I think I know the one, nice flowing silky black and white dress?

She sat next to us and gave us that one too. I asked her when she was returning to her cabin in the forest.

She sounds like she'd be a real joy at dinner parties.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:34 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Booney wrote:Reality is you think you "come from the other side of town" when many of you are very Port Adelaide-like. That's some reality for you. :D

Majority of us are from over here Booney, that is a reality also. But we also have enough supporters that even a small percentage of us would count as "many" when compared to some clubs, and that's all I am saying Mr Boon, we have a large supporter base, even without the bandwagon. You can bring up these side tracks if you like and I am happy to admit that we have many supporters from other sides of town. Elizabeth, for example, is home for many a Sturt supporter I have met, owing I believe, to the fact that it grew rapidly in size during the 60's when Sturt were the powerhouse. So, while you could say that the Sturt turnout at Alberton this year were from nearby, they still outnumbered the Port folk, who you have quite rightly pointed out, just aren't passionate about their team anymore.

It was more a metaphorical look at Sturt supporters, how they like to think they're not from the "other side of town" to Port people.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:36 pm

It takes real commitment to a three-pack-of-ciggies-a-day lifestyle to get the kind of raspy voice she had.

Far be it for me to throw stones about opposition supporters, I know we've got some rippers, but she, fair dinkum, had no right to be picking up stones, let alone throwing them.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:38 pm

am Bays wrote:

I reckon Booneys suggestion is better than the current situation. The crows having a development side would mean we could set an AFL listed player quota (12-14) for each of the two interlopers with a rule that no top up player (apart for the current leadership player) can be over 23 or have been on an AFL list.

Would make it easier for the SANFL clubs and the league with respect to scheduling of reserves games.

My opinion only.

That could work am Bays.
I have a question about the standard up top up player they'd attract under such a proposal. I'd imagine that a permanent reserves side would constitute a more stable group of "top up" players, and possibly of a higher quality than what we have at the moment. If the Crows had access to such a group (as I imagine it would be) I reckon they would have found themselves in the top five at the end of the minor round and would now be storming to a premiership. Your suggestion of the 12-14 ratio would be a good antidote for that, a little contrived, but the whole comp has become contrived since they forced their way in anyway, so what the hell.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:39 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

It was more a metaphorical look at Sturt supporters, how they like to think they're not from the "other side of town" to Port people.

Ahhh, so you were changing the subject. I see.
Still we are a lovely folk, very diverse and interesting IMO.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby wild dog » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:36 pm

Liked the way we handled the Power Reserves in that first half, and really we should have sealed it by the third quarter. Even though Roy had that hard phase of training, we were out of legs in that last quarter. Its says something though about Thomo that he can still dig it in. The back line were totally stuffed, even milky looked sluggish. Powers fitness kicked in, and they made a comeback but some desperate defending sealed it for us.

Milera's inclusion allowed us that other avenue to score which we desperately needed. We basically have Edmead, Thomo who can kick a few, Habel and other opportunists. That last game against Port at Alberton when Milera was at half forward was a revelation. He had the opportunity to kick at least 4 but kept on trying to give off. He was dropped the game after and that was a good lesson. BOG in the reserves the following week, and he knows now to look at those goals and go straight at them. Brilliant display. Glad my missus wasn't close by when he kicked THAT goal, I had both fists pumping and a couple of roundhouses.

A good turn out from the Dogs supporters and in good voice. I hope the Port supporters who used to take the p*ss out of being pommy b*stards singing our soccer songs now have the grace to be embarrassed about their Power chant. Geez I miss those days. Nothing though has the same effect as an in tune chorus from Lizbeff chanting out Come On U Dogs, Ceeenntttrallls and Na Na Na Na Centrals. Well done all, a thoroughly enjoyable day.

In Roy We Trust.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:51 pm

I thought I heard a Power chant. Emabrassing.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby LPH » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:53 pm

At least they accept the fact...
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Time for the green , white and black guernsey . Anyone thinks that the non paying or paying AFL reserves team will get kicked out is dreaming.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:09 pm

wild dog wrote: Glad my missus wasn't close by when he kicked THAT goal, I had both fists pumping and a couple of roundhouses.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:Time for the green , white and black guernsey . Anyone thinks that the non paying or paying AFL reserves team will get kicked out is dreaming.

Why, when their league side wears turquoise?

I can understand why they wear the guernseys of a club they killed off, I'm sure it lulls 2 or 3 half wits into believing in the One Club philosophy, but even I (and the Power ) might be underrating what a half wit would think.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Doddy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:01 am

I'm certain that whichever of their two teams wins the premiership it will be claimed as their 38th. Which would mean that mathematically, this mob have the capacity to win 2 premierships per year. What is this, indoor cricket?
Doddy
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby another grub » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:20 am

Eagles can win the league and reserves premierships, they can win 2 to.
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 420 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:10 am

http://www.cdfc.com.au/season-2015/dog- ... mber-2015/

Photos from Sundays game.

Note Eric in photo 177.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:17 am

UK Fan wrote:http://www.cdfc.com.au/season-2015/dog-galleries/first-semi-final-central-v-port-adelaide-adelaide-oval-13th-of-september-2015/

Photos from Sundays game.

Note Eric in photo 177.

Good work
Did 'THE' not turn up or was he detained by Weslo for having an offensive word :D
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:18 am

UK Fan wrote:Note Eric in photo 177.

He's lost weight!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby CENTURION » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Lack of helpers. The usual thing, everyone says it's a great idea but when it comes to the crunch...................
Member No. 988 & PROUD to sponsor The CDFC!!
CENTURION
Coach

Has liked: 204 times
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Bounce of the ball » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:49 pm

CENTURION wrote:Lack of helpers. The usual thing, everyone says it's a great idea but when it comes to the crunch...................

Yeah very true.

Maybe that should be the header on this site ?
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL