The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:36 pm

Dols wrote:So the apocalypse still hasn't happened!!! Why do you people keep blaming the AFL sides, I think you should clean up your own backyards first. How many of the other 8 teams have improved their membership base? Face the facts that the SANFL is just a breeding pond for the AFL. [emoji457]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about I smash your guitar, then when you complain I'll say "It's broken, get over it!"?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dols » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:41 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Dols wrote:So the apocalypse still hasn't happened!!! Why do you people keep blaming the AFL sides, I think you should clean up your own backyards first. How many of the other 8 teams have improved their membership base? Face the facts that the SANFL is just a breeding pond for the AFL. [emoji457]

How about I smash your guitar, then when you complain I'll say "It's broken, get over it!"?
it was crap to start with, just buy another one.

Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:44 pm

Well we need to find something that you love dearly, and smash that. Then you'll get a suitable parallel with the SANFL.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:52 pm

therisingblues wrote:
cennals05 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Passions are rising.

His latest argument is that SANFL supporters had a go at Port over the tarps and the reason that Port supporters weren't going to games was because they were protesting how the club was being run. So SANFL supporters are hypocrites for protesting about the reserves and having a go at Port about the tarps.

He also said the Crows should be in on the same model as the Power and that the Power shouldn't lose their academy side because that's not fair to all the sons of Port greats that are in the team.

Perfectly fine for the sons of all the other SANFL greats to be insulted by the league getting turned into a reserves competition.
Who will remember the names of Moriarty, Farmer, Hank, Linder, Bagshaw, Kerley, etc... didn't they all play in a reserves comp? Oh yeah that's right it became a reserves comp after they played in it. Whoopee doo. Whatever you do though, make sure that the Port reserves have a reserve side to honour the sons of former Port greats.
What a crock of shit.

At the risk of not typing this comment in the true spirit of this thread by smashing my keyboard as I swear uncontrollably, I think, well I know, Rucci is referring to the current Magpies reserves who has the names of Mahney, Northeast, Ginever, Phelps, Foster etc currently playing in the side.

Now I know, I know "You bastards wanted this" on and on and on, but how the Magpies having a reserves side in the SANFL hurts anyone I'm not sure. How it hurts to give the sons of guns a chance to play for the side their fathers played for....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:00 pm

I was talking about the complete lack of respect given to the former champions of the SANFL by Port pushing for that league to be turned into a reserves comp in the first place. Then to have the audacity to mention the same respect that wasn't shown to those greats should be given to the club that caused the loss of that respect?
You put the dots together, you are a bright lad.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:02 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
cennals05 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Passions are rising.

His latest argument is that SANFL supporters had a go at Port over the tarps and the reason that Port supporters weren't going to games was because they were protesting how the club was being run. So SANFL supporters are hypocrites for protesting about the reserves and having a go at Port about the tarps.

He also said the Crows should be in on the same model as the Power and that the Power shouldn't lose their academy side because that's not fair to all the sons of Port greats that are in the team.

Perfectly fine for the sons of all the other SANFL greats to be insulted by the league getting turned into a reserves competition.
Who will remember the names of Moriarty, Farmer, Hank, Linder, Bagshaw, Kerley, etc... didn't they all play in a reserves comp? Oh yeah that's right it became a reserves comp after they played in it. Whoopee doo. Whatever you do though, make sure that the Port reserves have a reserve side to honour the sons of former Port greats.
What a crock of shit.

At the risk of not typing this comment in the true spirit of this thread by smashing my keyboard as I swear uncontrollably, I think, well I know, Rucci is referring to the current Magpies reserves who has the names of Mahney, Northeast, Ginever, Phelps, Foster etc currently playing in the side.

Now I know, I know "You bastards wanted this" on and on and on, but how the Magpies having a reserves side in the SANFL hurts anyone I'm not sure. How it hurts to give the sons of guns a chance to play for the side their fathers played for....

Perhaps you could upload a video of you smashing your keyboard and swearing. :D
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:06 pm

stan wrote:Perhaps you could upload a video of you smashing your keyboard and swearing. :D

:lol:

I said I'm not keeping with the spirit.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Gozu » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:13 pm

cennals05 wrote:I just had a huge argument with Rucci. Think the whole office heard it.

Squirrel grip if need be.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:22 pm

stan wrote: Perhaps you could upload a video of you smashing your keyboard and swearing. :D

You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:22 pm

stan wrote: Perhaps you could upload a video of you smashing your keyboard and swearing. :D

BREAKING: Booney and his computer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhzd-akFHwQ
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Dols wrote:So the apocalypse still hasn't happened!!! Why do you people keep blaming the AFL sides, I think you should clean up your own backyards first. How many of the other 8 teams have improved their membership base? Face the facts that the SANFL is just a breeding pond for the AFL.

SANFL always has and always will be a breeding ground for the AFL, we don't dispute that fact, but thats just part of the competition, its not the 100% sole purpose that Port and the Crows - and the AFL - would like. It should also be a genuine 2nd tier comp for 2nd tier players, either guys with AFL aspirations, retiring/delisted AFL players or grassroots footballers that want to play the highest level they can. Clubs that the local community can engage with in suburbia and support on an even playing field.

Well said, Dutchy. The SANFL is much more than just an AFL breeding pond. Whilst there's a handful of teenage draft prospects and maybe the odd mature ager, the majority of players representing SANFL clubs at league level are not contemplating a spot on an AFL list. They're there to play at the highest level they can, and hopefully win the flag.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Reddeer » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Now I know, I know "You bastards wanted this" on and on and on, but how the Magpies having a reserves side in the SANFL hurts anyone I'm not sure. How it hurts to give the sons of guns a chance to play for the side their fathers played for....[/quote]

Perhaps you could upload a video of you smashing your keyboard and swearing. :D[/quote]
I wish he would. Then we wouldn't have to put up with the port bias crap!!!
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Reddeer wrote:I wish he would. Then we wouldn't have to put up with the port bias crap!!!

How good would it be? None of this sensible discussion, let's just all get angry and run around in circles. Circles make me angry! So does running! I'm angry. Clown. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:46 pm

AFL reserves in the SANFL makes me angry. If you are not on this thread to get angry then piss off I reckon. You are spoiling the environment for the rest of us.
Bloody tree hugging, flower loving pansy sitting around making reasonable conversation when the comp is dying, just because your team got the last life boat out of a sinking ship didn't mean you had to turn around and knock another couple of holes in the hull before you left.
Smash your keyboard or piss off!
;)
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:00 pm

therisingblues wrote:AFL reserves in the SANFL makes me angry. If you are not on this thread to get angry then piss off I reckon. You are spoiling the environment for the rest of us.
Bloody tree hugging, flower loving pansy sitting around making reasonable conversation when the comp is dying, just because your team got the last life boat out of a sinking ship didn't mean you had to turn around and knock another couple of holes in the hull before you left.
;)

Angry people make bad decision. Bad decisions can make it much more difficult to achieve the outcome you desire. If you're trying to change something that's important to you, something that one person can't change on their own then you need a rational, sensible approach that the majority will rally behind. If you fly solo, or in the minority, you're not going to win.

If, for instance, your idea is to make a banner, cause a disruption that involves police and gets you evicted from a ground then are you going to convince the wider population on your side to come with you? I think it's unlikely. So, while I can see the reasoning behind the aforementioned banner do I think that's for the majority or the minority? Is it for the greater good or sensationalism?

I'll let you decide, you're a smart lad.

Now, what should I use to smash this keyboard?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:36 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Try this Mr Boon :lol: :lol:

We tried the sensible approach and got crucified.

Lets raise hell IMHO!!!!!
Attachments
Boon.jpeg
Boon.jpeg (2.33 KiB) Viewed 999 times
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby LPH » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:14 pm

Booney wrote: Angry people make bad decision. Bad decisions can make it much more difficult to achieve the outcome you desire. If you're trying to change something that's important to you, something that one person can't change on their own then you need a rational, sensible approach that the majority will rally behind. If you fly solo, or in the minority, you're not going to win.

If, for instance, your idea is to make a banner, cause a disruption that involves police and gets you evicted from a ground then are you going to convince the wider population on your side to come with you? I think it's unlikely. So, while I can see the reasoning behind the aforementioned banner do I think that's for the majority or the minority? Is it for the greater good or sensationalism?

The point of 'Eric' was/is to raise awareness & continue to draw attention to the fact that not all SANFL Supporters are happy with the outcome, isn't it? For you to suggest that Fans would ultimately have ANY say in the outcome suggests that either; (a) you are in complete denial that Port & Adelaide held all the cards in the debate & the SANFL are their bitch, or (b) you are simply winding people up for your own personal amusement.
Personally, I think you acknowledge the problem but your loyalty to the PAFC affects your perception - publicly at least.
Having barracked for a shit team for so many years during the '70s & '80s, perhaps my loyalty was more to the competition as whole, rather than a single entity. Perhaps that was my mistake.

I agree whole heartedly that getting angry & getting evicted is not the way to go. If you recall, many on here 'slammed' me for my silent protests as early as 2012, sitting in the middle of Woodville Oval. I couldn't really get too 'militant' due to my job, anyway. There were some WWTFC Officials who actually approached me to say how they liked the fact I was acting with self control & not causing trouble. Did it work? No. Was it ever going to make a difference? No, not likely. But that doesn't mean people can't try - in Australia at least.

I must say that I am becoming more impressed with the 'true' Port people I talk to, who actually now admit & recognise the sad reality that this competition is almost dead & buried. People like 'Dol' can continue to troll & suggest that the Competition is fine, but having attended games with ZERO atmosphere this season, involving BOTH AFL Reserves Teams, the truth is - it's a sad state of affairs.
The standard is still high, as is the VFL but the PASSION in the stands is just not there. 'Blind Freddy' can see that. What will the 'balance sheets' look like this year for Norwood, South, Sturt, North, West, Glenelg? WWT may break even (should they win the Flag) but the rest will be dire, one would think.
If WWT play West in the GF - be lucky to get 15,000. :(
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby wild dog » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:20 pm

Booney wrote:
therisingblues wrote:AFL reserves in the SANFL makes me angry. If you are not on this thread to get angry then piss off I reckon. You are spoiling the environment for the rest of us.
;)

Angry people make bad decision. Bad decisions can make it much more difficult to achieve the outcome you desire. If you're trying to change something that's important to you, something that one person can't change on their own then you need a rational, sensible approach that the majority will rally behind. If you fly solo, or in the minority, you're not going to win.

I'll let you decide, you're a smart lad.

You will find most well run organisations representing causes which have to battle against huge odds and the current system have a more radical ideological wing to it. Think of many battles such as feminism, socialism etc.. and todays anti austerity demonstrators. A little bit of demonstration at a game and potentially being thrown out, is hardly anarchy in Adeaide. Are you a public servant middle manager Booney?
The problem we who want the reserves out have, is we are incredibly fragmented due to the considerable inter rivalry between clubs (and we wouldn't have it any other way) and the fact that no matter what the SANFL gets smacked about the head in a very public manner. Big money ie the AFL, the Murdoch Press, Austereo and all of the other media outlets just starve any other consideration of oxygen. The SANFL is following the path of least resistance, it seems to be they are willing to sacrifice a certain percentage of supporters for the sake of appeasing Big Money.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:22 pm

Why don't Port pay the license fee of 50k ? They got the Oval they back-stabbed their way for , so cough up.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Agree with much of what you've both said. But I don't think any attention to any cause is good attention, but people have the right to do as they see fit. Would never deny people the right to do so either.

I'm not sure what if any approach to this will work though. Unfortunately.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL