Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

Postby LPH » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:51 am

After 2 x very interesting Semi Finals last week, one of these 2 will go on to take on an injury hit Woodville - West Torrens in the 2015 Grand Final.
Went & watched the Dogs just hang on over the Power Reserves - they were good in the 1st Half, 2nd Quarter was excellent into a strong breeze.
Watched much of the 2nd Game on TV - West were a bit unlucky not to get closer but WWT were too strong in the end.

This will be a very good game, might be remembered as a 'Classic Prelim' in years to come.
Hopefully there is little wind this week, so we get an even competition all day.

Dogs would need to maintain a 4 quarter effort if they are to beat this year's 'Comeback Kings' in West.
Think its the end of the Doggies run, after a great 2nd half of the year.

Bloods by 21 pts.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:29 am

Can't underestimate Central's spirit right now, so nothing would surprise me.
But I agree, Westies just that bit too strong. Bloods by 5-10 points.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby cennals05 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:44 am

For the superstitious supporters out there... The morning of the Norwood Final, I found a black cat in my house.Then he came back last Saturday night. If he comes back this weekend then I predict Centrals win and if he doesn't West. I have no idea who's cat it is either.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:09 am

cennals05 wrote:For the superstitious supporters out there... The morning of the Norwood Final, I found a black cat in my house.Then he came back last Saturday night. If he comes back this weekend then I predict Centrals win and if he doesn't West. I have no idea who's cat it is either.

You might not know who the cat is but I bet there is a saucer of milk by your back door on Saturday morning :D
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Hazydog » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:28 am

johntheclaret wrote:
cennals05 wrote:For the superstitious supporters out there... The morning of the Norwood Final, I found a black cat in my house.Then he came back last Saturday night. If he comes back this weekend then I predict Centrals win and if he doesn't West. I have no idea who's cat it is either.

You might not know who the cat is but I bet there is a saucer of milk by your back door on Saturday morning :D

Haha.. let me know your address and I'll find one and drop it off on Saturday morning. ;)
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby Hazydog » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:34 am

Team selections will be both challenging and intriguing for both teams this week.

Centrals will be sweating on including Retzlaff and Jansen, both of whom would be in the "best 21" but coming off mid term injuries. And who would you drop?

Westies possibly gambling on Silverlock to come up from a hammy twinge after missing just one week, and may have to make a call on Hartlett with a quad if the injury lists are to be relied on. Not to mention Hardy and that dodgy knee ;)
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby Second Team » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:33 pm

West by 5 goals. Centrals great run to end on Sunday. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Second Team
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:56 pm

This makes me sick!! We come from 5th last year and run into Port in a Prelim while Centrals get a normal SANFL side that the Panthers beat by 6 goals a few weeks ago. **** the SANFL
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby am Bays » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:00 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:This makes me sick!! We come from 5th last year and run into Port in a Prelim while Centrals get a normal SANFL side that the Panthers beat by 6 goals a few weeks ago. **** the SANFL

Umm, so the team/club you couldn't beat on Prelim final day last year but they did on 1st Semi Final Day (coming from 5th) this year makes you sick how??

:shock: :shock:
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:05 pm

Mickans record against Laird in finals ????
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby StrayDog » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:28 pm

Hazydog wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Haha.. let me know your address and I'll find one and drop it off on Saturday morning. ;)

I own two of them. They seem to be working so far. :D
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby RB » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:29 pm

0/3 I reckon.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby StrayDog » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:36 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:This makes me sick!! We come from 5th last year and run into Port in a Prelim while Centrals get a normal SANFL side that the Panthers beat by 6 goals a few weeks ago. **** the SANFL

Oops "liked" the wrong post. :oops:

But, yeah, kind of made me a bit sick to watch our brothers in integrity fall short last year. But I'm over it now. :)
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:46 pm

am Bays wrote:

Umm, so the team/club you couldn't beat on Prelim final day last year but they did on 1st Semi Final Day (coming from 5th) this year makes you sick how??

:shock: :shock:

Centrals did well to knock them off, full applause from me. But talking apples and apples (being the Prelim), the Dogs getting West to go through to a GF makes me very angry.

Two different years as well, Port were stronger last year and tipped to take out the flag,
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby cennals05 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:03 pm

I understand what you mean. I would have been filthy if we'd been beaten by Port last week. They haven't earned their spot in the finals. They haven't had someone working their arse off to recruit players, find them jobs etc. They've been handed a plateful of AFL players that took them from a below average team missing out on finals to finalists over night.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Big Phil » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:31 pm

A normal SANFL side?

There were still 13 or 14 AFL listed players in the side...
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby wild dog » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:27 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

:lol: bowl of chicken, fish, fresh liver...
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby Bounce of the ball » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:44 pm

Big Phil wrote:

A normal SANFL side?

There were still 13 or 14 AFL listed players in the side...

Which seems to be the number of AFL listed players playing when they lose.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby RustyCage » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Centrals were good enough to beat us during their finals journey. South weren't.

Norwood beat us the week after. South didn't lose the prelim for any other reason than they weren't good enough.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Rising Power » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:00 pm

South had their chance to beat a normal SANFL side in the last round to secure 5th spot. Should Centrals be kicked out of the SANFL?
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL