Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:16 pm

The AFL is done and dusted for another year

Now for the real sports the world cares about cricket, the world game, union WC and the spring carnival

Best time of the year!!!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:00 am

You think the AFL has finished? Buckle up for the next month...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:46 pm

Just got to catch the last 2 innings of the Houston Astros beating the New York Yankee in the AL Wild Card game to continue in the Post Season.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Gozu » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:22 pm

\:D/
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Johno6 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:48 pm

My leg is now officially blood clot free....

This makes up for Eagles grand final performance.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby fisho mcspaz » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:43 pm

Booney wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:Camping trip this weekend!!! :supz: Heading up to Horseshoe Top End with Mr McSpaz's family. He has four sibs, most with their own partners and kids, so that's a lot of family. No power, no internet, no facilities - this is camping how it should be!

We had Fri/Sat/sun night in Port Vincent with 3 couples and 6 kids. While BBQ'ing on Saturday night we could hear all the kids pissing themselves at something while they were playing cards.

Made us smile and we chatted about no internet ( they could, but precious data was not used ), the fact no TV was on, no I-pad/tablets were in use, it was just kids being kids. They also spent a fair portion of Sunday either on the kayaks, fishing or just wandering along the beach, a big highlight was a hot cinnamon doughnut. A doughnut! Usually it's free wi-fi or a new game on the PS4 or something to get them that excited! Awesome way to spend a weekend.

I love Port Vincent. Next time we go I'll have to teach my eldest how to play euchre. My dad taught me at roughly the same age, down at our shack at Myponga Beach (which is sadly no more - my grandfather sold it to the haggis who owns MyBudget and she built a poo-brown six-bedroom bauhaus cube monstrosity in its place; losing our shack is the biggest regret of my life). We'd stay up late playing, and if Mum wasn't paying attention he'd let me have a small glass of beer. Anyway, back to Pt Vincent - the cinnamon doughnuts were a highlight for us too the last time we were there. :) We went in the middle of winter and it was freezing, but we still spent each night wandering along the beach, playing chicken with the waves and collecting shells - then bolting back to the cabin before we lost our fingers to frostbite.

The camping trip was terrific, although getting there was interesting. If we hadn't had a 4WD we'd have been f***ed. By the end of it we were all covered in a layer of dust, Aerogard, sunscreen and grass seeds. The older kids played Monopoly while the younger ones whacked at each other with sticks. The view from the top of the range was incredible. I was also amazed by how many little towns there used to be out there (Willochra Plains region), and how well-preserved a couple of them still are. If you're a history buff or simply get a kick out of Postcards on TV, look up Bruce and Hammond townships in South Australia.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby HH3 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:10 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:
Booney wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:Camping trip this weekend!!! :supz: Heading up to Horseshoe Top End with Mr McSpaz's family. He has four sibs, most with their own partners and kids, so that's a lot of family. No power, no internet, no facilities - this is camping how it should be!

We had Fri/Sat/sun night in Port Vincent with 3 couples and 6 kids. While BBQ'ing on Saturday night we could hear all the kids pissing themselves at something while they were playing cards.

Made us smile and we chatted about no internet ( they could, but precious data was not used ), the fact no TV was on, no I-pad/tablets were in use, it was just kids being kids. They also spent a fair portion of Sunday either on the kayaks, fishing or just wandering along the beach, a big highlight was a hot cinnamon doughnut. A doughnut! Usually it's free wi-fi or a new game on the PS4 or something to get them that excited! Awesome way to spend a weekend.

I love Port Vincent. Next time we go I'll have to teach my eldest how to play euchre. My dad taught me at roughly the same age, down at our shack at Myponga Beach (which is sadly no more - my grandfather sold it to the haggis who owns MyBudget and she built a poo-brown six-bedroom bauhaus cube monstrosity in its place; losing our shack is the biggest regret of my life). We'd stay up late playing, and if Mum wasn't paying attention he'd let me have a small glass of beer. Anyway, back to Pt Vincent - the cinnamon doughnuts were a highlight for us too the last time we were there. :) We went in the middle of winter and it was freezing, but we still spent each night wandering along the beach, playing chicken with the waves and collecting shells - then bolting back to the cabin before we lost our fingers to frostbite.

The camping trip was terrific, although getting there was interesting. If we hadn't had a 4WD we'd have been f***ed. By the end of it we were all covered in a layer of dust, Aerogard, sunscreen and grass seeds. The older kids played Monopoly while the younger ones whacked at each other with sticks. The view from the top of the range was incredible. I was also amazed by how many little towns there used to be out there (Willochra Plains region), and how well-preserved a couple of them still are. If you're a history buff or simply get a kick out of Postcards on TV, look up Bruce and Hammond townships in South Australia.

We used to go there for Aquatics camps with school. The West Lakes Aquatics Centre would send two instructors with us, and they'd team up with their Pt Vincent brethren, and take us out for the days.

Windsurfing and snorkeling in the bay, day trips to Berry Bay for surfing. We went to one place out in the middle of woop woop I can't remember the name of, but it was a bit gusty, so we got our wetsuits on and boogy boards and had a day getting smashed by some huge waves.

Some dodgy shit went on in the tents, and we used to hang out in the laundry at night, away from the teachers. We met one older woman who lectured one of the more, lets say "loose" girls in the group about her life. She had her figured out within 5 minutes of meeting her.

I want to go there as an adult and see if I can have as much fun. I doubt it, because I was a f**kin idiot (moreso than now) back then, plus there was 20 + other idiots with me.

Now I'll probably sit at the kiosk with my kindle for 3 days and complain about the glare.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:42 pm

The weather and the scenery
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:47 pm

HH3 wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:
Booney wrote:

We used to go there for Aquatics camps with school. The West Lakes Aquatics Centre would send two instructors with us, and they'd team up with their Pt Vincent brethren, and take us out for the days.

Windsurfing and snorkeling in the bay, day trips to Berry Bay for surfing. We went to one place out in the middle of woop woop I can't remember the name of, but it was a bit gusty, so we got our wetsuits on and boogy boards and had a day getting smashed by some huge waves.

Some dodgy shit went on in the tents, and we used to hang out in the laundry at night, away from the teachers. We met one older woman who lectured one of the more, lets say "loose" girls in the group about her life. She had her figured out within 5 minutes of meeting her.

I want to go there as an adult and see if I can have as much fun. I doubt it, because I was a f**kin idiot (moreso than now) back then, plus there was 20 + other idiots with me.

Now I'll probably sit at the kiosk with my kindle for 3 days and complain about the glare.

Bwahaha! We went on one of those camps. Berry Bay was awesome. I was in a cabin with a couple of friends, one who proceeded to get violently drunk off about half a cup of vodka and had to be babysat for the rest of the night, and another who pretended that our hot surfing instructor had asked for her number and met up with her in Rundle Mall the next week. If I recall right he was 24. If I were a 24-year-old male, the last f***ing thing I'd want to do is hang out with a 15-year-old girl in Rundle Mall. :lol:
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Gozu » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:11 pm

Gillian Anderson.

fisho mcspaz wrote:my grandfather sold it to the haggis who owns MyBudget and she built a poo-brown six-bedroom bauhaus cube monstrosity in its place; losing our shack is the biggest regret of my life

I remember working with her briefly a long time ago she used to complain about her deadbeat b/f taking all her money. Funny how that ended up.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Love Gillian
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby HH3 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:33 am

Finally suiting up for my first game of gridiron today.

Footy injuries have stopped me playing for years, so now my knees only slightly f**ked, so im giving it a crack.

If Wednesday nights trainings anything to go by, i should be picking off the QB a fair few time today ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Spargo » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 pm

HH3 wrote:Finally suiting up for my first game of gridiron today.

Footy injuries have stopped me playing for years, so now my knees only slightly f**ked, so im giving it a crack.

If Wednesday nights trainings anything to go by, i should be picking off the QB a fair few time today ;)

Go get'em champ!
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Gozu » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:49 pm

The Red Hens are back today & tomorrow running from the city to Port Adelaide for the Port Festival!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-07/r ... nd/6833240
Gozu
Coach

Postby Jase » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:35 pm

HH3 wrote:Finally suiting up for my first game of gridiron today.

Good luck mate...

I went out once, 15 years ago, and was told that it would cost me about $300 ( minimum) for the kit and I might get a couple of minutes a game... if lucky...

I didn't go out again...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby HH3 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:46 pm

Yeah its $210 league fees plus $200 club fees. The Spartans have supplied me with everything i need.

Had a good game. We beat the Southern Districts Oilers, and I got heaps of time on at Free Safety and a bit of Special Teams.

Im happy with that :)
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:09 pm

Look out the hayne train
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:43 pm

won my first game as cricket captain this week :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby carey » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:41 am

On the cricket theme we won 1st innings points on day one not a bad way to start at a new club. Rolled them for 70 I think we're 3/74 or something like that.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:45 am

bennymacca wrote:won my first game as cricket captain this week :D

Nice work mate, good captains bowling spell removing the top order early. Had the phone at the ready I hope :-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion