Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anything!

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Postby jakovasaurus » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:25 am

Is there even that many places that don't do this?

I agree it's ******* annoying. But it's almost to be expected everywhere.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby Pag » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:26 am

I still find it staggering that despite 99% of the schnitzel-eating population saying 'no' to chips under the schnitty, that pubs continue to roll with this horrifying trend. Just buy some bigger plates FFS!
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:38 am

Pag wrote:I still find it staggering that despite 99% of the schnitzel-eating population saying 'no' to chips under the schnitty, that pubs continue to roll with this horrifying trend. Just buy some bigger plates FFS!

Always specify when ordering, "chips on the side, not under the schnitty please".
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5548 times
Been liked: 5175 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:38 am

Not so much a review as this is a preview.

If any of you have seen the "Low and Slow American BBQ" Food truck around at foodie festivals and taken up the offer you'll also be excited about this.

Opening soon in the Port this place will add to the already burgeoning food/drink culture that is growing in the Port region.

Big Shed Brewing at Royal Park offer some gold, Sweet Amber Cafe about to open on Semaphore Road will be serving local craft beers and foods ( then in time their own brews ) along with the Harts Mill Markets on Sunday morning and the odd Fork in the Road event also held in the Harts Mill precinct. Lots of good stuff on offer in and around the Port. This one, I can't wait to have some ribs, brisket and pulled pork dripping from my gob! :lol:

http://ripitup.com.au/food-and-drink/co ... k5VrXYrK71

https://www.facebook.com/LowSlowAmericanBbq/
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby toot toot » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:23 am

Booney wrote:Not so much a review as this is a preview.

If any of you have seen the "Low and Slow American BBQ" Food truck around at foodie festivals and taken up the offer you'll also be excited about this.

Opening soon in the Port this place will add to the already burgeoning food/drink culture that is growing in the Port region.

Big Shed Brewing at Royal Park offer some gold, Sweet Amber Cafe about to open on Semaphore Road will be serving local craft beers and foods ( then in time their own brews ) along with the Harts Mill Markets on Sunday morning and the odd Fork in the Road event also held in the Harts Mill precinct. Lots of good stuff on offer in and around the Port. This one, I can't wait to have some ribs, brisket and pulled pork dripping from my gob! :lol:

Heading to Big Shed tomorrow afternoon. What kind of food can you get there? No info on their website other than kitchen is open.
toot toot
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:33 am

toot toot wrote:
Booney wrote:Not so much a review as this is a preview.

Heading to Big Shed tomorrow afternoon. What kind of food can you get there? No info on their website other than kitchen is open.

They'll have "American" style food but it changes so you'll find out on the day. But think hot dog, buffalo wings, chill cheese fries, that sort of thing.

If you haven't been there before, the Franken Brown is pretty heavy, the F*** Yeah is too, but not as dark and the Cherry Popper cider is about 8% and kicks hard fast.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:39 am

One of the guys that owns it is involved with the Spartans gridiron club. Good bloke. Get around the place.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby JK » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:41 am

Got a coupla mates that want to catch up at The Big Shed this arvo. Great place for some tasty junk food and a few cleansers
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:54 am

The cherry popper cider is quite refreshing. Was able to sample some a while back before they bottled it
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11938 times
Been liked: 3639 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:04 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The cherry popper cider is quite refreshing. Was able to sample some a while back before they bottled it

You really are safooty's own "grog whisperer". :prayer:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5548 times
Been liked: 5175 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:11 am

They've also now got the F*** Yeah and Frankenbrown in 330ml stubbs for the first time. At $25 a sixery it's up there, but it's got some bang for the buck so it's so/so on the value for mine.

@JK, hopefully they've got the Philly Cheese Steak for you this arvo mate.....de-lish.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:27 am

If you people like a cider, there is a very easy way to make 10% cider just by using a 3l apple juice from the supermarket, a Cup of sugar or a Malt extract and about 5g of yeast.
Take out a Cup of the juice and drink it, add in the sugar/Malt and then shake it around to help dissolve it and then add in yeast.
Put the cap back on but only at half tightness.
Sit it on the kitchen bench for a week or so and Bang there ya go....and for those with a sodastream you have carbed cider.
I did a batch and added in some flavourings and the Mrs compared it to Rekorderlig.....which is around $8 bottle from Dan's and upwards of $12 at some pubs.....

I will be grabbing some of the cherry popper for the Mrs to enjoy on her bday party next weekend.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby JK » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:51 am

Booney wrote:They've also now got the F*** Yeah and Frankenbrown in 330ml stubbs for the first time. At $25 a sixery it's up there, but it's got some bang for the buck so it's so/so on the value for mine.

@JK, hopefully they've got the Philly Cheese Steak for you this arvo mate.....de-lish.

Im not sure I can get there today mate, although the thought of a Cheese Steak and F*** Yeah is getting me closer.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby JK » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Righto, Im not sure if this is allowed, but there were a few tables and chairs in there so should technically be OK.

Silver Dragon Chinese Takeaway at Largs.

Laksa for the bride - rated excellent from the small sample I tried, shed loads of Chicken and other stuff.
Szechuan Fillet Steak - possibly the best tasting Chinese dish I've ever had and plenty of it.
Satay Chicken - the chook was a bit spongy which puts the missus off, but I thought it was excellent as did my eldest lad.
Large Fried Rice - top notch, none of this food court BS

$45 all up and well worth it .. Landed there as a result of catching up with some mates at the Birk for a little while, but will gladly make the trip there in future.

As far as Chinese grub goes, 8/10 based on today's experience.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:07 pm

Top notch Chinese food is fantastic, it's a pity we have to put up with ordinary stuff most of the time.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:40 pm

JK wrote:Righto, Im not sure if this is allowed, but there were a few tables and chairs in there so should technically be OK.

Laksa for the bride - rated excellent from the small sample I tried, shed loads of Chicken and other stuff.
Szechuan Fillet Steak - possibly the best tasting Chinese dish I've ever had and plenty of it.
Satay Chicken - the chook was a bit spongy which puts the missus off, but I thought it was excellent as did my eldest lad.

$45 all up and well worth it .. Landed there as a result of catching up with some mates at the Birk for a little while, but will gladly make the trip there in future.

Yessssssss, Silver Dragon, get around it :)
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10404 times
Been liked: 1538 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby carey » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:31 pm

Empire Cafè @ Two Wells.

Never given a review on here before but, Wow does this joint deserve one. Was told by a couple at work a few weeks ago about the quality of the Pork Belly, Ribs and the Pasta. Then heard again today from others in the office how good it was thought yeah I'll head out there one day. Get home tonight and the Mrs hasn't a great day so yeah why not head out there.

Service

Outstanding. Friendly always asking if we were ok with out being over the top. Got the kids coloring in pencils and a coloring in book.

Food

1/2 dozen Kilpatrick $14 (they were a touch small but very tasty none the less)

I had the Pork belly and it's close to the best thing I've ever eaten. 2 huge pieces sitting on a bed of grilled potato pieces in a honey glaze sauce absolutely beautiful. $28

The Mrs had a frigging Chicken Parmy :roll: $24 was huge and actually pretty nice. But why a Parmy!!! That's all she ever eats.

Highly recommend to anyone prepared to head out to Two Wells. It's actually not that far!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:35 pm

Cafe Número Uno ingle Farm. Wife and Mum had a decent serve of fish and chips plus a chicken salad and they looked and tasted alright. I had a pizza made by a 7 year old. We had Bruschetta for entree which was alright. 25% off made it $40 with a couple of drinks. Overall a somewhat underwhelming dining experience 6/10

Siezan Sushi bar on O'Connell. Basically this place is to Sushi train as to what seafood extender is too prawns. 6/10

Chocalatree on O'Connell. I'm not really into desserts but wow. This is one of those little gems that gets uncovered on here.
I had a salted caramel milkshake. Mrs had a big hot chocolate and we shared strawberry waffles. Served with ice cream, strawberries, drizzled chocolate and basically a bowl of fondu chocolate. It's a 25% off in the ent book so it went about $26.
Take the Mrs here for a special treat and thank me later 9/10
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 851 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:12 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
JK wrote:Righto, Im not sure if this is allowed, but there were a few tables and chairs in there so should technically be OK.

Yessssssss, Silver Dragon, get around it :)

Is this the one around the corner from North Haven FC?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:22 am

Great timing Wristy, the Mrs has a birthday coming up and loves her chocolate....
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion