ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Tangles wrote:Wish ATCA would use their website a bit more. They've only taken content off in the last few months, not added anything. We've had T20 and two day finals, ATCA presentations and a whole heap of other stuff. Time to embrace the digital age ATCA, if an old fella like me can do it, anyone can! Facebook page, Twitter account, set up an Instagram page and bring that website into the 21st century.

Agreed, the lack of information is a problem.

The turf distribute a lot of stuff to clubs directly. Unfortunately some clubs don't then pass this onto their players and supporters effectively. Would be nice for it to just be posted on the turf site so all can see it easily.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Tangles wrote:Wish ATCA would use their website a bit more. They've only taken content off in the last few months, not added anything. We've had T20 and two day finals, ATCA presentations and a whole heap of other stuff. Time to embrace the digital age ATCA, if an old fella like me can do it, anyone can! Facebook page, Twitter account, set up an Instagram page and bring that website into the 21st century.

I wonder if they'd pay someone to take care of it for them...

You know someone?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7523 times
Been liked: 10829 times

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:06 pm

thevoice wrote:Reynella had a huge night and doesn't Gabb speak bloody well. Impressed by McNally (Modbury) too, the others skippers who spoke less so.

McNally's speech was dreadful. Stood up the front and told the room he's scored over 450 runs this season so he thinks they are a chance to win this week. Well done champ.

thevoice wrote:A thought on the ATCA TOY? The criteria mentioned last night said 'team balance' was taken into consideration. So they've picked two spinners, two keepers and two all rounders? Surely it's 5 bats, 1 WK, 1 All rounder, 3 seamers and 1 spinner?

TOTY is difficult. Both spinners needed to be in there. I'm not sure a 12 man squad should only have 2 quicks though.
The rule that the A1 keeper of the year is an automatic selection is a bit of an issue. It meant you had Gabb batting 8, and Bailey up at 3.
Bailey with 594 runs and a keeping score of 7.91 should have been the only keeper in the side.
Gabb's keeping score of 8.00 wasn't enough to take a spot IMO, especially when he's only made 280 runs.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:13 pm

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

I wonder if they'd pay someone to take care of it for them...

You know someone?

I know someone involved with the competition, who loves cricket and would do it at pretty good rates. He can write a little, as well.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Tangles » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:31 pm

Trader wrote:

Agreed, the lack of information is a problem.

The turf distribute a lot of stuff to clubs directly. Unfortunately some clubs don't then pass this onto their players and supporters effectively. Would be nice for it to just be posted on the turf site so all can see it easily.

I'm sure the secretaries get a lot of information, but do they get news and views? And do they share it? And what about those of us who no longer are affiliated with a club? The only source of info is the ATCA site. Surely it wouldn't be hard to provide a bit of content - get the Cricket Chronicle bloke onto it! He's got chill (whatever that means, he talks about chill a lot!)
Tangles
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby Tangles » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:35 pm

Trader wrote:
McNally's speech was dreadful. Stood up the front and told the room he's scored over 450 runs this season so he thinks they are a chance to win this week. Well done champ.

His speech just reflects the fact that he is the team out there! Don't think the rest of that lot have done a thing all year. Probably not sleeping a wink realising he's gonna have to win a flag on his lonesome. 450 runs is a decent return from a bowler really. Missahchee (apologies for spelling attempt, probably not right) is the only other bloke that's got a wicket this year, and he can't bat to save himself.
Tangles
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby thevoice » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:55 pm

I just thought his honesty was refreshing. With a young side they're obviously doing things ok out north, he didn't just mention himself, but the other two who had scored 450+. Much better than the four other blokes I thought who barely talked about anything insightful and the A1 skippers who waffled on about who has the wood on each other and that they can't wait to get out there. Both weren't news to anyone on the night. YAWN. Maybe the probing from Flipper was a bit off, didn't ask the right questions.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby tigerpie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:14 pm

Tangles wrote:Gabby can play, I wouldn't say speaking is his strength. Sounds like a jockey and says "erm" a little bit too much for me. Doesn't mean the bloke can't play cricket (though I did dismiss him cheaply twice back in the day, and I'm no good) and it's a fair honour to be skipper of the Team of the Year.

As for Harrington, ATCA do seem to have a thing for him. Maybe because he's such a good bloke. Then again, I doubt that's the reason why.

Surprised McNally was even there. I thought he'd be home resting his shoulders given he's carried Modbury all year. People say one bloke doesn't make a team, but he's done it pretty much solo all year, the rest of the squad just ride his coattails. Surely they get found out by Penfield this weekend? McNally or bust.

Being a teacher, gabby can talk underwater with a mouth full of marbles.
Car pooling with him, he never shuts up.lol
Great player and one of the best outfielders I've ever played with. Had a bullet arm and regularly ran blokes out.
He's been a great asset for our club.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 507 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:21 pm

Well done to the club of the year: Reynella
Pooraka and PAOC should work harder for such high accolades
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 728 times
Been liked: 1083 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:12 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Well done to the club of the year: Reynella

You are right.......maybe they could start by not having anyone suspended.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:20 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Or get into a GF....or two...or even three...
It's what's important i suppose
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:23 am

Or.......as someone just messaged me... One?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:20 am

i wonder if pooraka put covers on yesterday. The ball will dominate their GF if they didnt.
I think their bowling attack may have a slight edge over POAC.
If the pitch is well prepped it should be a cracker of a game.
I'm tipping PAOC.
Thoughts?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 507 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Executive Member » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:23 am

tigerpie wrote:i wonder if pooraka put covers on yesterday. The ball will dominate their GF if they didnt.
I'm tipping PAOC.
Thoughts?

I'm tipping Jimmy's driver will need the Sat Nav to find Pooraka ;)
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:51 am

Were you involved in Ovingham getting club of the year a few years back though? ;)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Trader » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:03 am

Agreed, Pooraka clearly the club of the year this season. As-Cs all into GFs and their D's also played in the semi.
SPOC looked good for a while with their As-Ds all making finals, however 3 of their 4 bombed out in the semi.

A1 final should be a cracker. Don't worry about the weather, it never rains at Pooraka.
It's a battle of the best batting line up in Pooraka vs the best bowling line up in A1 cricket for years.
Cree is a massive out for Pooraka and brings this back to 50:50 for mine.

Rocco - 497 runs at 38.32 this season, top score of 132. Always gets the bulls off to a flyer and will be no different on Saturday.
Hanson - 656 runs at 93.71, clearly the best bat in the comp. Put the PAOC bowlers to the sword in round 5 with an unbeaten 146.
Bailey - 594 runs at 54, not bad for a wicket-keeper. Back to back 2nds in the A1 batting trophy prove this is class not arse.

Boucaut - 31 wickets at 9.61 this season, and that's no fluke. 152 A1 wickets at 10.04 over the last 5 seasons.
Dent - 31 wickets at 13.56 to go with the same last year at 9.81. Failed to collect a wicket at Pooraka in round 5, will be keen to make up for it.
Richardson - 20 wickets at 10 this season and 132 at 11.92 over the last 5 season.

PAOC going for their 4th A1 title in the last 7 seasons, while for Pooraka it will be their first since 2004/05.

Pooraka to do the A1-B1 double for mine.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:20 pm

tigerpie wrote:i wonder if pooraka put covers on yesterday. The ball will dominate their GF if they didnt.
I'm tipping PAOC.
Thoughts?

3 or 4mm of rain on Thursday night is nothing to worry about - covers or no covers. I'm sure JJ will serve up a well prepared batting paradise.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Or get into a GF....or two...or even three...
It's what's important i suppose

.....but, Reynella won the coveted Jeff Emmel Spirit of Cricket Award. That must be the equivalent of having A's and B's and C's in Grand Final
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby helicopterking » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:31 pm

[quote="Trader"]Agreed, Pooraka clearly the club of the year this season. As-Cs all into GFs and their D's also played in the semi.

Marion 3 of 5 senior teams playing in GFs, A2s missing a GF by 10 runs.. U/15s winners.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:40 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Trader wrote:Agreed, Pooraka clearly the club of the year this season. As-Cs all into GFs and their D's also played in the semi.

Marion 3 of 5 senior teams playing in GFs, A2s missing a GF by 10 runs.. U/15s winners.

Sorry, that's a fail.....Marion in bottom half of Jeff Emmel Spirit of Cricket Award.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps