I HATE IT WHEN THE MEDIA GET IT WRONG...

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: I HATE IT WHEN THE MEDIA GET IT WRONG...

Postby robranisgod » Wed May 25, 2016 9:59 am

I never read the article. I don't read anything in the Advertiser, but did Michelangelo Rucci say in an article about Michael Nunan that he played in 4 premierships for Sturt and coached two at North. My informants tell me that they forgot to mention his flag playing for Norwood. Not a huge deal but if so just another case of the media getting it wrong.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 230 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Magellan » Wed May 25, 2016 10:21 am

Doddy wrote:Saturday evening news on Channel 7. The slide comes up behind Soders with the Centrals vs Crows score. His comments on the game?

"Brad Crouch got 36 touches when the Crows state league side lost to Centrals today" (or very similar). One sentence, no further comment.

Thank God Channel 7 are doing it for SA Footy hey?

The league is better off without news coverage like this, and its not the first time it's happened. Just give us the final scores and move on if you can't say something objective about the result. Pro-Crows reporting belongs on the Crows Show.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri May 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Just looking at the state game lineup in the paper. They have SA kicking down and the Vics kicking up. FFS...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:05 am

Got to love the quality work the Advertiser does. RIP North Adelaide.

IMAG0014_1.jpg
(318.77 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby heater31 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:16 am

Wedgie wrote:Got to love the quality work the Advertiser does. RIP North Adelaide.

IMAG0014_1.jpg

Looks like News Limited had a great weekend with North Adelaide........incorrect names printed in the match reports apparently North have a Luke Hender playing for them now?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:29 am

Warren Partland:
"NORWOOD'S nightmare injury toll as become even uglier after the 59-point loss to Woodville-West Torrens at Woodville on Saturday".

Besides the word "as" incorrectly used instead of "has" his margin conflicts with the score next to article:
Eagles 16.13 109
Norwood 6.8 44
(65 points)

The Eagles goal kickers on the same page adds up to 12 goals even though the Eagles kicked 16.

Do they have an editor?(or at least someone that can add up?)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby therisingblues » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:57 am

Wedgie wrote:Warren Partland:
"NORWOOD'S nightmare injury toll as become even uglier after the 59-point loss to Woodville-West Torrens at Woodville on Saturday".

Besides the word "as" incorrectly used instead of "has" his margin conflicts with the score next to article:
Eagles 16.13 109
Norwood 6.8 44
(65 points)

The Eagles goal kickers on the same page adds up to 12 goals even though the Eagles kicked 16.

Both Crows and Power had big wins. I'm surprised that they even remembered there were any teams in the SANFL at all, especially since the mini paps and the ravens both lost.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:06 am

Sounds like a cock up
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:44 am

Eagles 16.13 109
Norwood 6.8 44
(65 points)

That is just shocking.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Reddeer » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:23 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

Eagles 16.13 109
Norwood 6.8 44
(65 points)

That is just shocking.

The media don't care less about the SANFL any more, thus the crap presented in what is turning into an unreadable rag
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Reddeer » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:23 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

Eagles 16.13 109
Norwood 6.8 44
(65 points)

That is just shocking.

The media don't care less about the SANFL any more, thus the crap presented in what is turning into an unreadable rag
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Postby Reddeer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:48 am

What wonderful reporting of the SANFL in the so called newspaper today. 2 pages mostly about how the AFL preformed in the compromised comp.
Think it should be just disbanded and then the power and crows can play each other every week for their PRACTICE
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Postby holden78 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:16 pm

Just a thought Mr Olsen, but if you want to take away a lot of negativity from the SANFL community all you need to do is take finals away from the afl clubs and give it exclusively to the true sanfl 8 who crave them and truly cherish the premiership cup!
Deep down sanfl fans can contemplate losing a grand final to another sanfl club but cannot support the idea of the Ravens or Power with our premiership cup is anything but a farce, worthy of a Royal commission.
It costs very little, restores some credibility, faces the truth that Ravens and Power only use our comp for practice, moves back to the diehard heartland
that's been isolated and slowly eroding away.
Would it not be a political manoeuvre worthy of North tce???
Win/win?
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:21 am

I don't agree with that.
To restore integrity would require the removal of the Reserves from the league altogether, not just for finals.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:33 am

Ian wrote:This weeks SANFL ladder, for those of you who can't understand why North supporters aren't happy with the season, 6 wins from 121 games isn't real flash. BTW, South or the Eagles games don't add up either.

The fact Glenelg are top 11 and 1 tells you how wrong that table must be :D
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:15 am

johntheclaret wrote:
Ian wrote:This weeks SANFL ladder, for those of you who can't understand why North supporters aren't happy with the season, 6 wins from 121 games isn't real flash. BTW, South or the Eagles games don't add up either.

This week's budget had the head-to-head record between Bays and Norf as 122-94 Glenelg's way, with two draws.

Forever chasing us, Roosters! :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:19 am

Pseudo wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

This week's budget had the head-to-head record between Bays and Norf as 122-94 Glenelg's way, with two draws.

That's cool, if they want to swap the head to head figure around they can also swap the Finals and Grand Finals figure around. :)

The only stadium that you guys had a winning record against us was Footy Park, thank Christ it's being demolished! :P
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby am Bays » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:23 am

Wedgie wrote:That's cool, if they want to swap the head to head figure around they can also swap the Finals and Grand Finals figure around. :)

The only stadium that you guys had a winning record against us was Footy Park, thank Christ it's being demolished! :P

Prospect Oval is a stadium?????
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:25 am

am Bays wrote:
Wedgie wrote:That's cool, if they want to swap the head to head figure around they can also swap the Finals and Grand Finals figure around. :)

Prospect Oval is a stadium?????

I didn't mention Prospect! Footy Park is/was :)

Anyway, by definition Prospect is. "A place or venue for (mostly) outdoor sports, concerts, or other events and consist of a field or stage either partly or completely surrounded by a tiered structure designed to allow spectators to stand or sit and view the event."
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby RB » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:07 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

That's cool, if they want to swap the head to head figure around they can also swap the Finals and Grand Finals figure around. :)

The Bays won a game at Footy Park? :shock:
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 766 times
Been liked: 1074 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL