R13 - Central v Adelaide @ Elizabeth

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R13 - Central v Adelaide @ Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:14 am

Dutchy wrote:Phil is doing his job and you can't criticise what he has done, in fact he has done a great job in thinking outside the square to engage his community/zone. Maybe a free ticket to all attendees for another game later in the season might be a way to get them back?

Perhaps if you attend say, Eagles v North at Woodville, perhaps North would be wise to offer buy one get one free for Eagles fans at the return fixture.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7492 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:18 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Phil is doing his job and you can't criticise what he has done, in fact he has done a great job in thinking outside the square to engage his community/zone. Maybe a free ticket to all attendees for another game later in the season might be a way to get them back?

Perhaps if you attend say, Eagles v North at Woodville, perhaps North would be wise to offer buy one get one free for Eagles fans at the return fixture.

You don't do promotions at other teams home matches. Would do stuff all anyway.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby wild dog » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:49 pm

PhilH wrote:Wild Dog ... you answered your own question

" While the kids love it and there is an extra amount spent on the canteen"

In my role this is far more important than how any 3rd party wants to spin it.

The carnival Eagles ran this year involved U8 & U9 teams across 12 clubs

EVERY U8 & U9 junior club player in the North West from Lockleys, Flinders Park and Henley up to North Haven. from the coast across to South Road came to Woodville and hopefully had a great day. (Plus Hectorville).

It probably brings hundreds of families to the ground who otherwise have no Eagles connection.

Remember our "Carnival Day" is not just a series of footy games, there is a heap of other activities organised as well around the event.

I congratulate you and your club on your effort and subsequent success. I have always admired the work ethic of the WWT FC. I also like the way our Kym Jarman does his job, a hard worker, personable, diplomatic and innovative. My kids go to most of our home games (except for the reserves) and the range of activities for them most weeks is a credit to Kym and his team. Our home games deserve to have hundreds of visiting families without the need of a Tex.

Yes I am referring to third parties and most would understand that any spin is out of your hands. It must be soul destroying hearing the talking heads boast about the crowd boost Adelaide brings when we know in effect it is the exact opposite.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby twosheds » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:10 pm

I don't think anyone is "criticizing" Phil H - far from it in fact. The danger is that his (and others) hard work will be spun by those with an agenda that the AFL Reserves is good for the competition and the ill informed or uncaring will lap it up.
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:17 am

Spot on and precisely my point.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times