Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

Postby tipper » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:41 pm

csbowes wrote:None. That was the whole story.

I think he meant what was edited by the advertiser editor before it was published? Id pay money to see what warren originally wrote.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby LPH » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:46 pm

Magellan wrote:
LPH wrote:Try 'Semi Final Fever'... they finished 5th not 2nd

OK then, mea culpa, but I'm not sure it's that a critical an error?

Ah, but I beg to differ...

If Cows lose & out - South probably win 1st Semi on Sunday due to no motivation for Ravens Players.
If Cows win - South get belted.
Same scenario the following week(s).

I would hazard a guess that the only reason for Ravens players to 'play to the line' is the possibility of injury or form drop to Cows players & positions in the Cows Finals team. Should they go out, no motivation & preservation of bodies for 2017.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:09 pm

I wonder how many of the crowserves will be withdrawn for season ending surgery if the Kangaroos were to get up on Saturday night?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1210 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Corona Man » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:23 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:I wonder how many of the crowserves will be withdrawn for season ending surgery if the Kangaroos were to get up on Saturday night?

With a bit of luck, all of them.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3483 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:29 pm

I'm not sure what I want to say on here.
I posted extensively on FB last night.
It's really disappointing to see what happened yesterday.

The end to enders were there, I sat with them in the last quarter.
Along with Cennals05, who it's always good to see.

Where were the Crows fans?
Probably at the Show, buying their Adelaide Crows showbag. And who can blame them? No one watches reserves sides. No one.

I've pretty much given up on whatever this debate is. I probably won't be able to help myself, I'm sure, but at this point...
But it was disheartening yesterday. We were playing SANFL football, Adelaide played SANFL football 1.5.
I've never seen so many 3 on 1 contests at an SANFL game. They were everywhere. We were nowhere - couldn't keep up.

The real disheartening thing was getting abused by a man, wearing the regalia of an SANFL team, at the end of the game because I dared to stand above the Adelaide players' race at the conclusion of the game (saying nothing - scarf raised above my head).
The bloke vehemently and continuously abused me (while his wife looked at me, shaking her head at the Centrals heathen, seemingly not unhappy wih her husband's behaviour) and, when I looked his way, he suggested we should go out the back for a fight.
The security bloke who was watching over me was bemused - "what's he on about?".
Even those who profess to support the eight clubs are at odds with each other on what this means. That's disheartening. Not only that a bloke who supports a club that is rich in heritage and over 100 years old will abuse a fellow SANFL supporter for making a silent statement, but that he doesn't understand what this situation means to his club.
It's bloody sad.

I'm not done, but I see others walking away and I'm bloody sad about it because I don't know what all of this means for the SANFL, but in particular the future direction of my club.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:33 pm

I do need to add, last week, I questioned when true SANFL supporters would be rewarded with the free entry which Adelaide supporters and SACA supporters get - it would seem they do.
My cousin who attended every Centrals home game this year received a pass to the finals from the SANFL.
That's a really good initiative. Well done, to whoever thought that up.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:38 pm

Sounds like he was a right dick head Dogwatcher.
I think that if he was wearing his SANFL gear, and obviously wasn't a Dogs fan, then there is a good chance he must have been a Sturt supporter, as we were playing the second game.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:44 pm

The point is that this bloke bothered to dress up in is best footy gear and colours and feel this stongly about what I was doing that he was angry (obviously a Crows AFL supporter) - this debate is confused and it's sad.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:The point is that this bloke bothered to dress up in is best footy gear and colours and feel this stongly about what I was doing that he was angry (obviously a Crows AFL supporter) - this debate is confused and it's sad.

Yes, very sad.
Standing with your Central scarfe raised above your head, as the Ravens leave the ground is now not to be tolerated?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby csbowes » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:57 am

tipper wrote:

I think he meant what was edited by the advertiser editor before it was published? Id pay money to see what warren originally wrote.

I know. I repeat, it's the whole story.

I read it before Warren submitted it.
csbowes
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 77 times

Postby tipper » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:42 am

csbowes wrote:
tipper wrote:

I know. I repeat, it's the whole story.

I read it before Warren submitted it.

Fair enough. That surprises me to be honest
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:00 am

therisingblues wrote:I think that if he was wearing his SANFL gear, and obviously wasn't a Dogs fan, then there is a good chance he must have been a Sturt supporter, as we were playing the second game.

If he was Sturt fan, I would love to have known how he would've handled this week's first semi final if the Blues lost.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby another grub » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:51 am

Will only have to wait another 7 days to find out
another grub
Coach

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 412 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:25 am

Posted this on CDFC forum will be emailing Kris Grant as well again

Hey Doggy supporters we all still gotta support our footy club by getting memberships every year.

Most of us have not been happy with the intro of this AFL SCUM since day one most of us knew it would be a utter failure as proven to date.

Its taken me three years to go and see the FAAAARKKKS v Dogs only because i received complimentary tickets from the SANFL NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Its up to the six other SANFL clubs to grow a pair and take on the SANFL and oust the CONTAGION.

So lets all support Kris Grant Roy Laird and all the admin team who have been fighting this diabolical situation since day one.

Another way of getting the message across is e mailing these pricks may i suggest CDFC admin capture all the negative messages on the CDFC forum and also the same from SA Footy.net their are thousands upon thousands of negative posts accumulated over the last threes years on the SA Footy site i suggest all die hard SANFL followers check this site out to gauge the ANTI AFL sentiment.

Capture and send all these messages/posts to the FOOLS in charge of the SANFL and the SIX CEO"S of the clubs that voted yes

Failing that boycott all AFL reserves games i like the idea of supporters going to the club having a meal a few drinks a few bets pokies etc and FAARKK watching the game.

Might have to get hardcore and clubs refuse to play against them and forfeit games until the SANFL gets the message.

So i urge all supporters to still support Centrals and renew memberships.

NO AFL IN THE SANFL.
ApacheBulldog
1 Star Bulldog
1 Star Bulldog

SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby holden78 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Great post!
Did anyone else think that Westies President not showing at the unofficial meeting last week smelt of a Olsen directive or what?
Piss weak.?
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby LPH » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:54 pm

therisingblues wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:The point is that this bloke bothered to dress up in is best footy gear and colours and feel this stongly about what I was doing that he was angry (obviously a Crows AFL supporter) - this debate is confused and it's sad.

Yes, very sad.
Standing with your Central scarfe raised above your head, as the Ravens leave the ground is now not to be tolerated?

0400 number on the Scoreboard?
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Magellan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:03 pm

holden78 wrote:Great post!
Did anyone else think that Westies President not showing at the unofficial meeting last week smelt of a Olsen directive or what?
Piss weak.?

Why would've Olsen only directed the West president, though? The South president didn't show up as well. Being unofficial I assumed Olsen didn't know about it. I'd say a more plausible reason perhaps would be that West don't want to be seen 'hanging out with the wrong crowd', so to speak. Or he had something else more pressing to do.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby wild dog » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:10 pm

matt35 wrote:I'll answer Magellan's question, though I think my position is pretty well known. I support Glenelg when they play the Crows in the SANFL. I support the Crows when they play anyone else. I get to as many Crows SANFL games as I can, usually if they don't clash with Glenelg or I haven't already been to 2 Football games on that weekend. This season have probably been to around 5 or 6 Crows games and now the final. Will be there again next Sunday.

As a supporter and strident defender of the Adelaide reserves in the SANFL, would you care to comment on the turn out of Crows supporters on a day that you would have thought would have been perfectly organised for them. A home game, the chance to see their up and coming as they march into the AFL finals, Van Berlo in one of his last games and no AFL games to watch.

In my opinion, it was a disastrous result for any sane defence relating to AFL reserves participation and subsequent crowd numbers. There was no atmosphere at the game; hell the players were cheering more than the supporters when they got a goal. A number of Centrals supporters boycotted as its a reserves game, yet we still vastly outnumbered Crows supporters, a club that is currently bragging has the most supporters attending a game in Australia.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby matt35 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:28 am

I personally was disappointed with the Crows turn out. Certainly more than your average game, but disappointing nonetheless. Weather in the morning would have put some waverers off if it was anything like where I was more generally, even we had second thoughts and that's saying something. A later time slot would also have helped, but we know why that was not possible. In spite of all that there was still a year on year crowd increase for the first week of finals, a far cry from a record low that some were predicting-we fell to less than 6k in 2013. I fear my partner and I will be two of very few Crows there at 12:10 on Sunday, but we'll be there regardless. P.S obviously nobody on here talking about quiet Crows supporters were sitting near my partner and I; probably not a bad thing. :)
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Venga Bus » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:40 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I do need to add, last week, I questioned when true SANFL supporters would be rewarded with the free entry which Adelaide supporters and SACA supporters get - it would seem they do.
My cousin who attended every Centrals home game this year received a pass to the finals from the SANFL.
That's a really good initiative. Well done, to whoever thought that up.

My problem with this is that I attended every away game and missed 1 home game due to being away.
So supporters who only attended all home games and possibly no away games got 2 free passes for the entire finals series. Cant see the fairness there
especially when crows members who have not attended 1 SANFL game get free admission.
I have a very bitter taste in my mouth over this, so next year, if I decide to buy a season ticket, and cant make a home game I will give my ticket to someone just to register my ticket. At least this will help the "OFFICAL" crowd figures.
Venga Bus
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL