Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:49 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:If you thought that the Bulldogs winning the flag this year was a fairy tale. Just wait and see what happens next year. When the mighty Bombers make history in the AFL and become the first team ever to come from last place one year and win the premiership the next year. Carn you mighty Bombers. let's rip 2017 apart.

If the Bombers win the flag it's no fairytale. A bunch of drug cheats who had a dozen players have a rest and get the number one draft pick in the process is not a feel good story. A feel good story is when your arrogant club is shit for as long as Carlton has been.

regards,

REB

Sniff sniff. Do I hear sour grapes. We did the crime. We've done the time. And now it's done. Bring on 2017 and lets just see how much motivation we have to prove to the rest that we are a team to fear.

No sour grapes here Bomber. Just don't expect respect when you (Essendon that is not yourself) haven't earnt it. If it is to be a fairy tale people actually want them to win. Can't see the same 'feel good' factor happening for the Bombers in the unlikely event that they replicate the feat of the Bulldogs.

regards,

REB

So let's say they get up and win the 2017 flag. Are you saying that they will still have the stigma of what happened in 2012 hanging over their heads. And that they don't deserve to celebrate the occasion? This is just a scenario by the way.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:05 am

I guarantee to you, they will have the stigma of what happened in 2012 hanging over them for many years to come.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:15 am

Spargo wrote:I guarantee to you, they will have the stigma of what happened in 2012 hanging over them for many years to come.

Forever isn't a long time.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:45 pm

James Hird rushed to hospital with a major health scare. Take the peptides himself?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Brodlach wrote:James Hird rushed to hospital with a major health scare. Take the peptides himself?

Come on mate, I believe the situation is serious and that's a bit harsh to start of with.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Possible OD the club has reported.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Spargo » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Allegedly suffered a "serious & disturbing medical issue" last night...

Spargo
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:09 pm

stan wrote:
Brodlach wrote:James Hird rushed to hospital with a major health scare. Take the peptides himself?

Come on mate, I believe the situation is serious and that's a bit harsh to start of with.

exactly, no matter what he's allegedly done, it takes a special sort of person to wish death upon a bloke who it's obviously become all too much for.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
stan wrote:

exactly, no matter what he's allegedly done, it takes a special sort of person to wish death upon a bloke who it's obviously become all too much for.

Hang on FC get off your high horse. No where have I mentioned I wanted him dead.

Unlike the rest of the common world I didn't know he had " allegedly" tried to take his own life. I hope that is not what happened and he will be ok.

Nobody knows how these peptides will effect people
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Anyone who has ever read your posts knows you didn't mean nor imply you wanted him dead.
I didn't know about the overdose either and thought your post was fine.

Googled it but there isn't much info regarding the OD.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2514 times

Postby Purple Warrior » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:12 am

Cue "mental Health" issues
Purple Warrior

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby carey » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:45 am

I personally couldn't give 2 hoots about James Hird after what he put his playing group through, But this is a very sad situation for Mrs Hird, The family and especially the kids. This whole Essendon drugs saga will have life long effects on certain people this could be one of them.

Very sad.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:05 am

As a very passionate Bombers supporter. I've been a supporter since the age of 6 months. He he. I will and always will support my team through the good times and the bad. In regards to Hirdy. I respect what he has achieved as a player and his leadership and hard work. I believe 100% that what he decided (taking the supplements) was in good intentions. If he did it with bad intentions then well he's not a really good person. But I think he did it thinking it was ok and would better his players recovery. But like I have always known. Increase more endurance exercises. Maintain a really high quality diet & nutrition. And I believe that would be a better option to help quicken recovery than experimenting with supplements. And now that it is all over and the punishments have been handed out. Hirdy has been exciled from the club he admires and loves. He is probably the greatest player to have played for the Bombers and now through his own mistakes. Can't even walk into the club and teach, mentor or even talk to any of the people at the club. Without being scrutinised. It's a very sad thing to of happened and I do feel sorry for Hirdy. I just hope this drama doesn't follow down the same path as Cousins and we lose one of AFL's greatest players.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Spargo » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:19 am

I feel sorry for the 34 players who will forever be in limbo and lead lives of uncertainty & fear as to what they were injected with.
I feel sorry for his kids, they shouldn't have to grow up with this shit surrounding them.
I don't have one ounce of sympathy for Hird.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:30 am

Spargo wrote:I feel sorry for the 34 players who will forever be in limbo and lead lives of uncertainty & fear as to what they were injected with.
I feel sorry for his kids, they shouldn't have to grow up with this shit surrounding them.

My sentiments precisely, I had an enormous amount of admiration for him but that will never be replaced.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:31 am

Spargo wrote:I feel sorry for the 34 players who will forever be in limbo and lead lives of uncertainty & fear as to what they were injected with.

I understand that you can judge him on the decision he made. That he put himself first and the players last. I totally agree with you there. But I can't see that he would have made that decision with bad intentions. HE would have thought (with advice from the wrong people) that administering the supplements program would have been a beneficial thing for his players recovery. Which I believe was a very naive thing to do. Any one with a clear mind would see that trying out supplements to increase recovery or improve performance is a grey area and shouldn't be approached. He's been punished enough without everyone still having to have a crack at him all the time. Yes he made a very bad decision and now he is suffering from it. I just hope it stops here and doesn't go any further. For himself and his family. Especially his kids who love him so much.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:32 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:

I understand that you can judge him on the decision he made. That he put himself first and the players last. I totally agree with you there. But I can't see that he would have made that decision with bad intentions. HE would have thought (with advice from the wrong people) that administering the supplements program would have been a beneficial thing for his players recovery. Which I believe was a very naive thing to do. Any one with a clear mind would see that trying out supplements to increase recovery or improve performance is a grey area and shouldn't be approached. He's been punished enough without everyone still having to have a crack at him all the time. Yes he made a very bad decision and now he is suffering from it. I just hope it stops here and doesn't go any further. For himself and his family. Especially his kids who love him so much.

As a leader of a group of young men his influence was paramount, he abused their trust.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:33 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

My sentiments precisely, I had an enormous amount of admiration for him but that will never be replaced.

Do you think that if Hirdy had his time again. Would he do the same thing? Maybe some will say. People would even say that he would of found a better way to hide it. Or maybe he wouldn't have started the program if he knew what he knows now. He is still one of the games greatest ever players. He just made a very bad decision.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:

As a leader of a group of young men his influence was paramount, he abused their trust.

Yes he did. There's no denying that now. Do you think he doesn't hate himself for what has happened?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:42 am

Agreed. Hird treated his players less like his match-day soldiers and more like lab rats to extend his legacy. He trashed his considerable goodwill as an out-an-out champion of the game, and it will be those around him that will suffer the greatest.

His legacy as a model performer on and off the field is now in tatters, but that's what usually happens when you make a Faustian deal.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL