Essendon

Talk on the national game

Re: Essendon

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:06 pm

Magellan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:Happy to ram my views into the conversation and alpaca pun or two in for good measure.

Will ewe's cut it out.

Don't have a cow, man. I'm tired of being lambasted.

Oh deer.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Magellan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magellan wrote:Happy to ram my views into the conversation and alpaca pun or two in for good measure.

Will ewe's cut it out.

Don't have a cow, man. I'm tired of being lambasted.

Oh deer.

Don't be a-llama-ed, all will be revealed.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:33 am

woodublieve12 wrote: They have been put through hell from the media...

This. Enough already with the door to door coverage of the Hird family movements.

Hird was "punished" with his year in France, getting the arse as coach, going through the ringer for his part in the supplements program etc etc all the while the "media" hound the bloke into the ground. When was enough going to be enough? Clearly when he tried to take his own life it wasn't enough as the next day there's Mrs and Junior Hird getting in the car in the driveway on my TV. ******* scum the media have become.

Perhaps now Mr Dank may wish to bring all his "evidence" forward? Players are living with the unknown, they've missed a year, one missed a premiership because of it, the coach has tried to take his own life all because nobody really knows what went on, we never will. One bloke claims to have all the answers, but he's a gutless, spineless piece of work who hasn't got a clue, let alone an answer.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby Ruben Carter » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:15 am

Booney wrote:

This. Enough already with the door to door coverage of the Hird family movements.

Hird was "punished" with his year in France, getting the arse as coach, going through the ringer for his part in the supplements program etc etc all the while the "media" hound the bloke into the ground. When was enough going to be enough? Clearly when he tried to take his own life it wasn't enough as the next day there's Mrs and Junior Hird getting in the car in the driveway on my TV. ******* scum the media have become.

Perhaps now Mr Dank may wish to bring all his "evidence" forward? Players are living with the unknown, they've missed a year, one missed a premiership because of it, the coach has tried to take his own life all because nobody really knows what went on, we never will. One bloke claims to have all the answers, but he's a gutless, spineless piece of work who hasn't got a clue, let alone an answer.

Well said Booney
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby UK Fan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:17 am

If Hird is hating all the media and alike.

Move to France US Canada etc... . Outside of Australia nobody would know him.

A lot better option than leaving your kids fatherless IMHO!!!!
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Ian » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:45 pm

UK Fan wrote:If Hird is hating all the media and alike.

Move to France US Canada etc... . Outside of Australia nobody would know him.

A lot better option than leaving your kids fatherless IMHO!!!!

Very simplistic UK, no one should have to continue living with the constant media (and public) abuse that he has after "serving their time"

Do you really think taking James away from his family and friends will help, let alone uprooting his whole family from those they hold dearest is best for everyone?
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Ian » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Booney wrote:

Well put Booney
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:39 pm

Media could turn this around and someone give him a role of some sort for the 2017 season, get him talking footy again and not the past, it may help cure him.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:Media could turn this around and someone give him a role of some sort for the 2017 season, get him talking footy again and not the past, it may help cure him.

He was meant to be doing some commentary for SEN this year but apparently the AFL blocked it
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:43 am

Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Media could turn this around and someone give him a role of some sort for the 2017 season, get him talking footy again and not the past, it may help cure him.

He was meant to be doing some commentary for SEN this year but apparently the AFL blocked it

So they should, he brought the AFL name into disrepute and the game suffered by not seeing players like Watson, Heppell and co. running around in 2016.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

So they should, he brought the AFL name into disrepute and the game suffered by not seeing players like Watson, Heppell and co. running around in 2016.

Plenty of other guys involved in the saga at higher levels than Hird have all got cushy jobs with the AFL. How Evans, Corcoran, Goodwin all have jobs staggers me
Jim05
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:56 am

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Plenty of other guys involved in the saga at higher levels than Hird have all got cushy jobs with the AFL. How Evans, Corcoran, Goodwin all have jobs staggers me

Damn right there Jim bob.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:57 am

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Yeah but unfortunately when you put your hand up and out to be the main man the buck stops with you.

I think Hird needs to focus on his business he has and his family and forget about the whole AFL world.
The media will move on eventually........ well maybe not but it will subside eventually!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:26 am

Great to see a father coming in to defend his son. Well done Allan.

"James Hird's father Allan says there were no signs his son was on a path to ill-health despite accusing AFL and Essendon administrators of pursuing him as a scapegoat.

Allan Hird said AFL officials were "thugs" and "bullies" without a "moral compass" for their treatment of his son in the aftermath of Essendon's supplement scandal.

Hird would not reveal his son's whereabouts amid reports he is receiving treatment at an undisclosed health facility.

But he said Hird was recovering well after being hospitalised for a suspected overdose last week.

"He's fine. My daughter's been keeping me regularly informed," Hird told Melbourne radio station 3AW on Tuesday.

"I'm in Brisbane and I'm coming down shortly to see him."

The 43-year-old James Hird, a father of four, has kept a low public profile since he left his job as Essendon coach in August 2015.

His reputation was damaged severely amid investigations into the club's 2012 supplements program that left 34 past and present Bombers banned last season.

His wife Tania has requested their family be granted privacy.

Allan Hird said he had no suspicions his son's health was under a cloud but believes he had been let down by people he had trusted.

He said leaks to media from the Essendon board while James was coach worked against him.

"I had no inkling. (It came) just out of the blue," he said.

"Right from the start, I believed Jim trusted people too much.

"He put too much trust in the club doing the right thing. He put too much trust in the AFL. He put too much trust in our system of government.

"If he had his time again, he would have done it differently."

Hird called for a top-level inquiry to look into the supplements scandal where people who handled the matter - including former federal government ministers and AFL and Essendon officials - would give evidence under oath.

He accused administrators of conspiring to make Hird the scapegoat for the ill-fated supplement program, protesting his son's innocence.

"Get them to tell the truth. Get the truth out there and we'll see where it lies," he said.

"A 'conspiracy' is probably the wrong word in a legal sense, but in the general public's eye, I'd say a conspiracy between the Gillard government, the AFL and elements of the Essendon board, plus the Australian Anti-Doping Authority to get a result for something to get everyone out of a hole.

"The Gillard government had got itself into a hole ... overblew that crime commission report enormously and they needed something and they did that for political reasons.

"Both his employers were gunning for him but there was nothing specific he had ever done and there still isn't."

The AFL has refused to comment."

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/01/10/08/5 ... zXmOtJ7.99
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:29 am

I agree that Hird should be afforded privacy

But I think its a bit rich for his dad to be claiming the AFL is the one without a moral compass after what his son put the players through
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:33 am

bennymacca wrote:I agree that Hird should be afforded privacy

But I think its a bit rich for his dad to be claiming the AFL is the one without a moral compass after what his son put the players through

I believe there is a lot of information that we will never be privileged to know. A lot of us are only commenting on what we read on the internet without actually knowing what had been spoken.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:35 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:

I believe there is a lot of information that we will never be privileged to know. A lot of us are only commenting on what we read on the internet without actually knowing what had been spoken.

Im sure most of you have read it by now, but this is really the only relevant information

http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_u ... SENDON.pdf
bennymacca
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:48 am

Perhaps not the only ones, but I reckon the AFL have plenty of skeletons in the closet regarding this whole farce.

Like the way the old man has come out and supported his son, Im sure most of us would do the same if he was our boy.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:50 am

JK wrote:

Perhaps not the only ones, but I reckon the AFL have plenty of skeletons in the closet regarding this whole farce.

Like the way the old man has come out and supported his son, Im sure most of us would do the same if he was our boy.

yeah cant argue with that. the afl wanted nothing more than to keep their brand intact, and they were willing to let it slide to do it - the players received bad advice and didnt take the plea deal like the cronulla players
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:53 am

bennymacca wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:

Im sure most of you have read it by now, but this is really the only relevant information

http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_u ... SENDON.pdf

A lot more to it than that though.
It's amazing to think that there were over 100 charges laid by WADA yet Hird was exonerated on all counts and never received a ban. ASADA themselves have placed the whole blame on Dank and said that all Hird was guilty of was putting too much trust in the club and support staff.
Evans and Corcoran hired Dank on the back of recommendations from Bomber and Dean Robinson, Hird actually had another candidate he wanted at the club but went along with the clubs choice. If the club had done their due diligence at the start Dank wouldn't have got through the front door
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL