23%
Rosewater
3%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Postby Wilbur » Sun May 14, 2017 10:49 pm

Panic stations down at Newcastle St surely. Unable to get over a Lockleys side with 17 outs.
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 15, 2017 7:52 am

Wilbur wrote:Panic stations down at Newcastle St surely. Unable to get over a Lockleys side with 17 outs.

Don't see much Div 5 footy, Rossies battled but were simply outclassed, especially by Lockleys big men. Rosewater looked small and on a perfect day couldn't compete in the air. Talking to Locks old Reggie, when he told me 9 out of the As for Lockleys it sure showed the gap.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon May 15, 2017 10:45 am

Booney wrote:
Wilbur wrote:Panic stations down at Newcastle St surely. Unable to get over a Lockleys side with 17 outs.

Don't see much Div 5 footy, Rossies battled but were simply outclassed, especially by Lockleys big men. Rosewater looked small and on a perfect day couldn't compete in the air. Talking to Locks old Reggie, when he told me 9 out of the As for Lockleys it sure showed the gap.

Yep, very much undersized, hopefully get some size back in the next week or two.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby zedman » Mon May 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Booney wrote:

our "n/a" saturday was very nasty but we put 21 out there who got us 2 points and we are happy to get a win at the kennel..top 5 hardest places in the saafl to win a game at imo..
dogs were small but very capable..some very good young ones who you need to keep an eye on and strong hands amongst the mid size forwards..wanganeen i think, took a beautiful speccy worthy of MOTD in any grade..

strong performance by pooraka in the A grade, st doms is a difficult assignment under any conditions..how did the game go starky?
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby SATCHEL » Mon May 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Panic stations? Wow. We were and are by no means at full strength. Yeah Lockleys had their outs but a good club and side like lockleys had good depth to replace players. Cant understand the comment but i'll continue. To be close to 40 points down in the last quarter from memory to get within 2 kicks i believe was a testimant to our side. We had some decisions that were given away that would have no doubt had an impact not too mention our inaccurate kicking in front of the sticks hurt us. Another quality post out of 16. Keep it up. We know what we nee to do. We got close to one of the bench marks in this division and we will take a huge amount of positives out of that. Shout out to the Lockleys lads for coming in for a feed and beers after the game and not just take off when the beers and food ran out. Was great to see. Good people at Lockleys and looking forward to the return run.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby BZB27 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:36 pm

zedman wrote:strong performance by pooraka in the A grade, st doms is a difficult assignment under any conditions..how did the game go starky?

He was to busy enjoying his holiday in Hawaii.

But we finally put together a strong 4 qtr performance and held our structures for the full game. Now need to back it up this week against Hope Valley where we have the 97 A,B,C premiership reunion plus the 87 and 82 b grade reunions.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Booney » Mon May 15, 2017 1:46 pm

SATCHEL wrote:Panic stations? Wow. We were and are by no means at full strength. Yeah Lockleys had their outs but a good club and side like lockleys had good depth to replace players. Cant understand the comment but i'll continue. To be close to 40 points down in the last quarter from memory to get within 2 kicks i believe was a testimant to our side. We had some decisions that were given away that would have no doubt had an impact not too mention our inaccurate kicking in front of the sticks hurt us. Another quality post out of 16. Keep it up. We know what we nee to do. We got close to one of the bench marks in this division and we will take a huge amount of positives out of that. Shout out to the Lockleys lads for coming in for a feed and beers after the game and not just take off when the beers and food ran out. Was great to see. Good people at Lockleys and looking forward to the return run.

Fought back hard at least twice when kicking to the club room end, made it worth hanging around to see what unfolded as Rossies looked dangerous when they could isolate the full forward 1 on 1. Unfortunately Lockleys were the same, and their key forward had more opportunities.

Yes, zedman, the mark was right in front of me and had some real Specky McGee about it! I'm sure it won't be the last that lad takes in his career.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 15, 2017 2:27 pm

BZB27 wrote:
zedman wrote:strong performance by pooraka in the A grade, st doms is a difficult assignment under any conditions..how did the game go starky?

But we finally put together a strong 4 qtr performance and held our structures for the full game. Now need to back it up this week against Hope Valley where we have the 97 A,B,C premiership reunion plus the 87 and 82 b grade reunions.

Shit time to find form :lol:

My highlight of this weekend will be seeing Bruce - because you WILL bring him 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby BZB27 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:32 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
BZB27 wrote:

Shit time to find form :lol:

My highlight of this weekend will be seeing Bruce - because you WILL bring him 8)

Haha yeah already told the misso we were bringing him so you could see him
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon May 15, 2017 2:50 pm

F.C I'm sure you are coming to see me not some dog that the owners can not control....
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby BZB27 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:F.C I'm sure you are coming to see me not some dog that the owners can not control....

Just you worry about getting those headphones past customs first ;)
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby Footy Chick » Mon May 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Better stock up on the ol' dog treats then. ;)

LOL @ BZB27 - Stark is heading home from Hawaii via Columbia - I hear it's really nice this time of year :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed May 17, 2017 7:47 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Better stock up on the ol' dog treats then. ;)

LOL @ BZB27 - Stark is heading home from Hawaii via Columbia - I hear it's really nice this time of year :lol:

Stark is home safe and sound

Pooraka vs Hope Valley big game this week in the As Hope Valley 3-3 and Pooraka are 2-4 both teams want to keep in touch both teams are up and down so will be interesting game

in the Bs Pooraka 1st 6-0 vs Hope Valley 3-3 must win for Hope valley to keep in touch with the top 5
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby BZB27 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:51 pm

A few big wins today plus a draw.

First qtr of our game Hope Valley were much better and up 2.2 i think to 4 points then they kicked the first in the second, then we put through 9 in a row to blow the game open and just maintained it in the second half.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby bloodhound » Sat May 20, 2017 10:09 pm

Shout out today& huge respect to Greenacres FC. Ta for coming in for a beer. Started out with 14 in the b grade & I understand some A Graders doubled up. It's easy when it is all good. Greeenacre's wont go away & or that I dip my hat. Bring on culture as the no 1 priority. $$$'s doesn't work. Well doe Dale & Co,
bloodhound
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Robb_Stark » Sun May 21, 2017 1:14 pm

bloodhound wrote:Shout out today& huge respect to Greenacres FC. Ta for coming in for a beer. Started out with 14 in the b grade & I understand some A Graders doubled up. It's easy when it is all good. Greeenacre's wont go away & or that I dip my hat. Bring on culture as the no 1 priority. $$$'s doesn't work. Well doe Dale & Co,

i see 26 players named for greenacres in the B grade on the team sheet
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby BZB27 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Big round of footy this week.

Top of the table clash between Lockleys and Glenunga. Can Lockleys get the win at home and go equal top while also staying 2 games clear of 3rd or will Glenunga continue on their merry way and pull two games clear first.

Bottom of the table clash between Greenacres and Kenilworth. Both need to win to keep in touch with 8th spot. Can Greenies bounce back from a 100 point drubbing and show the form they did when they beat Hope Valley or will Kenilworth make amends for the draw last week when they had 5 more scoring shots and get back into the hunt for finals

8th placed Rosewater take on 4th placed CBC. Can Rosewater win and stay with the rest of the pack vying for the 5 or will CBC continue on their form of the past month and maybe jump to 3rd if other results go there way.

3rd placed Blackfriars travel up to 6th placed Hope Valley and will be hoping to turnaround the poor form they have showed over the last two weeks to try and stay in touch with the top 2. While Hope Valley will also be trying to turn there form around after dropping a couple of games in a row and dropping out of the 5.

7th placed Woodville South take on 5th placed Pooraka. Can Woodville South get back to form they showed before the CBC game where they won 3 in a row and knocked off Lockley or dish up what they did against CBC on the weekend? Will Pooraka carrying on the chamge in form over the past two weeks and entrench themselves in the 5 or will they lose focus and stay with the rest of the middle pack?
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby Nichdanmatt » Mon May 22, 2017 1:00 pm

no one has a hope of beating glenunga,they have 8-10 very highly paid ex sanfl or country players in their side,they will be in div 4 next year for sure,after spending approx $80k between players & coaches.
Nichdanmatt
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby zedman » Mon May 22, 2017 1:10 pm

Nichdanmatt wrote:no one has a hope of beating glenunga,they have 8-10 very highly paid ex sanfl or country players in their side,they will be in div 4 next year for sure,after spending approx $80k between players & coaches.

love a challenge..team of champion$ or champion team? they might be both! looking forward to it..

much respect to the greenacres footy club on saturday..obviously under the absolute pump but never complained and just did their best in both grades..had a great third quarter in the A grade and nearly all the team came back in for beer or 3..coach is on point and will do well even if they get relegated..its not the worst thing in the world..the club needs to get wins now..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Despite only being 3 points between 3rd and 8th, does it appear the top 5 is now set?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League