Rosewater
3%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 88

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Zartan wrote:Hi Simon, and thanks for calling in. Great question, glad you asked.. :lol:

2008 & 2009 in D3.

2017 - D5
2016 - D6
2015 - D5
2014 - D4
2013 - D5
2012 - D6
2011 - D5
2010 - D4
2009 - D3
2008 - D3

2007 - D2

To keep their pattern going, they'd need to pull a rabbit out the hat and win the D5 flag this year before getting relegated again next year :lol:

I actually think if you went back further it would be a similar story, they rose up the ranks pretty quickly.

Greenacres and Modbury were pretty similar stories in the 2000's, slipping down the grades and then working back up them.

2006 - D2
2005 - D1
2004 - D2
2003 - D2

2002 - D3
2001 - D4
2000 - D5
1999 - D5
1998 - D5
1997 - D5
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:34 pm

thegrowler wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
Zartan wrote:Ricky Pearce will be the coach for the new Western Warriors, Luke Nicholls to captain.

They'll assume the void left by "Rosewater" in Division 5, should they avoid relegation, 3x teams will be promoted from Division 7 instead of 2 to replace West Croydon and Marion will join Division 7 from the SFL.

Premier Jay Weatherill will endorse the move, claiming it a wonderful initiative for two proud clubs to join together on a new journey to create history.

Life members of Rosewater will see this as an opportunity to start fresh and rid themselves of recent bad publicity, and West Croydon will find the support and infrastructure and junior program it desperately craves.

Gill McLachlan now as well as Damian Barrett!

Not sure what you do for a living but you seem to have waaaaaaaaaay to much time on your hands.

He marks the lines at SANTOS Stadium
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:37 pm

thegrowler wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
Zartan wrote:Ricky Pearce will be the coach for the new Western Warriors, Luke Nicholls to captain.

They'll assume the void left by "Rosewater" in Division 5, should they avoid relegation, 3x teams will be promoted from Division 7 instead of 2 to replace West Croydon and Marion will join Division 7 from the SFL.

Premier Jay Weatherill will endorse the move, claiming it a wonderful initiative for two proud clubs to join together on a new journey to create history.

Life members of Rosewater will see this as an opportunity to start fresh and rid themselves of recent bad publicity, and West Croydon will find the support and infrastructure and junior program it desperately craves.

Gill McLachlan now as well as Damian Barrett!

Not sure what you do for a living but you seem to have waaaaaaaaaay to much time on your hands.

If only he had a dollar for every time someone has said that to him :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:13 pm

thegrowler wrote:Not sure what you do for a living but you seem to have waaaaaaaaaay to much time on your hands.

I develop, drive and implement improved efficiency, innovation & high performance initiatives. :P

#WorkSmart
#TooDeadlyAtWhatIDo
#DeservePayRise
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:54 pm

I think the divvy 5 ladder is all but set. Well the 5 not necessarily in that order & Greenies & Rosewater will go down.

I haven't seen every game but I'll have a go at a little mid season review based on pub talk, sa footy talk & what I've seen.

Lockleys: The loss to WSFC won't come back to bite them & they will finish top. Martinello sits a kick behind & just picks off marks left right & centre. Find a way around him & your a chance. The win against Glenunga will give them massive belief. With the disappointment of last year etched in their mind they'll b hard 2 stop.

Glenunga: Travelling nicely ATM they move the ball well, one of the div 5 coaches (can't remember who sorry) told our boys they have the best ball movement in our div. chuck in some undeniable stars with SANFL experience with strong links to glenunga & playing for free, u have a premiership contender. Depth is a major concern. Could be a few tricky months coming up for them trying to manage injuries & making sure their best 21 is available at the pointy end. Because of this I can see them letting a game or 2 slip & sliding down 2 second on the ladder.

CBC: Have turned a corner since a come from behind win against Hope Valley. Since that game we've had 3 big wins and been playing some attractive footy. The last 4 wins have been against teams outside the 5 & our 3 losses have come from teams sitting 1, 2 & 4. It's tricky to get a good idea if we are the real deal or just making up numbers. Heard a whisper there might be some deadline day deals happening for CBC as well. Watch this space. Zed will probably find out before me anyway.

BOS: The only game I can go on was their win against us & as I wrote after that game it was a low scoring dour affair. A big win last start will give their mojo bit of a boost. Been a contender for a while now & their list definitely hasn't worsened so they should be pushing for higher honours this year. Credit to them in getting their b grade up & running & probably playing finals this year. A strong b grade is very important to a good club culture. CBC has the better % so that will give them the edge.

Pooraka: finished with a wet sail last year, but is very hard to predict that this season. 9 wins is normally the mark u need for a finals berth & with 2 games & % on the chasing pack I'm sure they can tie up 5th. Heard a rumour that they might lose a few before the cut off. If they lose a couple of key players it'll leave the door open for the Valleys.

Hope Valley: Have been unlucky. Some small losses will come back to bite them. They need to hit the magic 9 win mark to make finals but even if they do, a small % will get in their way of sneaking into the 5. Will be tricky to boost their % & get a few big wins on their deck as it deteriorates over winter.

Kenilworth: Everyone expected the kookas to be a contender this year. Not sure what's happened. Maybe the new recruits haven't mixed in well, meet expectations, underestimated the div? I guessing it would be a mixture of the lot. They'll settle in the 2nd half of the year grab an un expected win or 2 & avoid relegation. 7 wins in the 2nd half isn't achievable.

WSFC: 6 wins generally keeps u clear of relegation. I know they have been desamated by injuries this year. After the stats about WS floating up & down the grades over the years it would be a pass mark to just survive this year. Hopefully major injuries won't be the reason for them going down. I'm backing them in 2 get another 3 wins in the back half. They had a 15/16 yo kid play up forward against us & he looks like he'll be an absolute star. Not sure if he's been playing ever week but I'd be picking him!

Rosewater: They have the weight of the world on their shoulders & a giant target in the shape of a 7 on their back. I just can't see them surviving. Losses will be compounding the problems & will take a Herculean effort to get off the canvas.

Greenies: They copped some very harsh & unwarranted criticism over the summer. They will go down. It seems to be a crowded market for players out north & the circle of life has landed the Dragons with list issues this season. They have struggled to be competitive in the b grade & have just the 1 win in the A's.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby thegrowler » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Dolphin Treasure wrote:I think the divvy 5 ladder is all but set. Well the 5 not necessarily in that order & Greenies & Rosewater will go down.

I haven't seen every game but I'll have a go at a little mid season review based on pub talk, sa footy talk & what I've seen.

Lockleys: The loss to WSFC won't come back to bite them & they will finish top. Martinello sits a kick behind & just picks off marks left right & centre. Find a way around him & your a chance. The win against Glenunga will give them massive belief. With the disappointment of last year etched in their mind they'll b hard 2 stop.

Glenunga: Travelling nicely ATM they move the ball well, one of the div 5 coaches (can't remember who sorry) told our boys they have the best ball movement in our div. chuck in some undeniable stars with SANFL experience with strong links to glenunga & playing for free, u have a premiership contender. Depth is a major concern. Could be a few tricky months coming up for them trying to manage injuries & making sure their best 21 is available at the pointy end. Because of this I can see them letting a game or 2 slip & sliding down 2 second on the ladder.

CBC: Have turned a corner since a come from behind win against Hope Valley. Since that game we've had 3 big wins and been playing some attractive footy. The last 4 wins have been against teams outside the 5 & our 3 losses have come from teams sitting 1, 2 & 4. It's tricky to get a good idea if we are the real deal or just making up numbers. Heard a whisper there might be some deadline day deals happening for CBC as well. Watch this space. Zed will probably find out before me anyway.

BOS: The only game I can go on was their win against us & as I wrote after that game it was a low scoring dour affair. A big win last start will give their mojo bit of a boost. Been a contender for a while now & their list definitely hasn't worsened so they should be pushing for higher honours this year. Credit to them in getting their b grade up & running & probably playing finals this year. A strong b grade is very important to a good club culture. CBC has the better % so that will give them the edge.

Pooraka: finished with a wet sail last year, but is very hard to predict that this season. 9 wins is normally the mark u need for a finals berth & with 2 games & % on the chasing pack I'm sure they can tie up 5th. Heard a rumour that they might lose a few before the cut off. If they lose a couple of key players it'll leave the door open for the Valleys.

Hope Valley: Have been unlucky. Some small losses will come back to bite them. They need to hit the magic 9 win mark to make finals but even if they do, a small % will get in their way of sneaking into the 5. Will be tricky to boost their % & get a few big wins on their deck as it deteriorates over winter.

Kenilworth: Everyone expected the kookas to be a contender this year. Not sure what's happened. Maybe the new recruits haven't mixed in well, meet expectations, underestimated the div? I guessing it would be a mixture of the lot. They'll settle in the 2nd half of the year grab an un expected win or 2 & avoid relegation. 7 wins in the 2nd half isn't achievable.

WSFC: 6 wins generally keeps u clear of relegation. I know they have been desamated by injuries this year. After the stats about WS floating up & down the grades over the years it would be a pass mark to just survive this year. Hopefully major injuries won't be the reason for them going down. I'm backing them in 2 get another 3 wins in the back half. They had a 15/16 yo kid play up forward against us & he looks like he'll be an absolute star. Not sure if he's been playing ever week but I'd be picking him!

Rosewater: They have the weight of the world on their shoulders & a giant target in the shape of a 7 on their back. I just can't see them surviving. Losses will be compounding the problems & will take a Herculean effort to get off the canvas.

Greenies: They copped some very harsh & unwarranted criticism over the summer. They will go down. It seems to be a crowded market for players out north & the circle of life has landed the Dragons with list issues this season. They have struggled to be competitive in the b grade & have just the 1 win in the A's.

Good post mate. Pretty spot on. The top 5 is set I am 99% sure.

We have had our slip up. The boys will be stinging from blowing a good lead against Lockleys and perhaps that's the loss we had to have. A couple of good ins still up our sleeve, we will be there at the business end. Eddo, Abes, M and M all showing great leadership and if they stay on the park will trouble all teams

Lockleys. Very impressive and well coached. Good even team with good ruck, on ballers and role players. Look forward to watching another 3-4 contests between our two teams. Hopefully we reverse the result when it really matters.

Pooraka are the dark horse to watch and if they get everyone on the park will be hard to stop after a very slow start. Steve O'Connor has a few tricks up his sleeve and Diddsy may not be the only ex AFL player that could appear for the Bulls. I only hope that Robs taxi can keep up the demand ;)

To be honest haven't seen the Dolphins but they appear to be "swimming" along nicely and will play finals :lol:

BOS are always around the mark and have a list that has played together for a long period. Have under achieved in finals but can beat anyone on their day. When Brincat fires it brings so many others into the game. Plenty of quality on the list.

The bottom 5 are making up the numbers and I wish them all the best for the rest of the year. Keep the beers cold for me when I visit ;)
The Rams are Bucking Awesome in 2017....Don't hate us because you rate us!!!!
thegrowler
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 54 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Special One » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:26 pm

Robert Douglas was spotted at dolphin park last week!
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Special One wrote:Robert Douglas was spotted at dolphin park last week!

Who is Robert Douglas?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby morell » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:

Who is Robert Douglas?

Robert Douglas
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby carey » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:03 pm

Michaels brother
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:46 am

carey wrote:Michaels brother

Apparently as a junior he was a better actor than his younger brother Michael.
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Postby Robran » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:40 am

Dolphin Treasure wrote:
carey wrote:Michaels brother

Apparently as a junior he was a better actor than his younger brother Michael.

yeah but Michael got to see Sharon's lady parts..
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:03 am

Mr Beefy wrote:

Who is Robert Douglas?

A dude without a shovel.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:03 am

Have a new recruit walk into the club off the street last night @Zedman? ;)

I heard he's pretty handy in front of goals 8)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby bloodhound » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:18 am

Footy Chick wrote:Have a new recruit walk into the club off the street last night @Zedman? ;)

still in negotiations,.........seems everyone else is dragging out an AFL player, so we thought we had better get in on the act. Now we have someone for Kane to tag!! :-)
bloodhound
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby zedman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:22 am

Footy Chick wrote:Have a new recruit walk into the club off the street last night @Zedman? ;)

2020 recruiting drive!
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Dolphin Treasure » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:45 pm

bloodhound wrote:

still in negotiations,.........seems everyone else is dragging out an AFL player, so we thought we had better get in on the act. Now we have someone for Kane to tag!! :-)

Starting him in the C's is a bit rough....
Dolphin Treasure
Rookie

Postby ramming23 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:02 pm

bloodhound wrote:

Gee this must make thegrowlers blood boil! Another D5 team has taken the AFL limelight :lol:
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby BZB27 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:22 pm

Zedman getting the air time
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby zedman » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:50 am

BZB27 wrote:Zedman getting the air time

great publicity for the club and totally unexpected..eddie is the man..we jokingly told him he could train thursday night as well if he wanted but he wasnt available because he was helping feed the homeless..legend..
Last edited by zedman on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League