RIP Bazz Nykiel

Yes, music now has its very own forum!

RIP Bazz Nykiel

Postby Booney » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:43 am

Bazz Nykiel, a local music legend passed away suddenly some two weeks ago while performing with his Black Sabbath tribute band "Electric Funeral"

Whilst he might not be all that well known to some on here, anyone who has ever had anything to do with the Adelaide metal scene or the Hope Valley Football Club would know of the impression the bloke left on people.

Always smiling, always can in hand, big Bazz was a real front man when on stage.

RIP Bazz.
Last edited by Booney on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Re: RIP Bazz Nykiel

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Slight edit to the post, Boon- Hope Valley FC.

My relationship with him was purely through the HVFC, but I haven't come across someone with a bigger personality and heart than big Bazza. Loved his heavy metal, loved his Adelaide Crows, loved his Bays, and above all of that, adored his beloved Hope Valley Demons.

His "baby" in the Super C grade haven't played a home game since his sudden passing. It will be an odd feeling running out onto Hope Valley oval on Saturday and not hearing calls of "ya bloody pinorkle" bellowed at opposition players (and sometimes fellow HV players) from underneath the scoreboard.

I can't comment on his musical talents, but Electric Funeral from all reports had a great following, and their shows were thoroughly enjoyed wherever they played. Bazza always willing to put on a performance whenever the club needed a band for a fundraiser, or when someone was just looking for an excuse for a house party!

The man certainly lived life to the fullest. Was loved and will be missed by many.

RIP Baz.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Board index   General Talk  Music