The Magpies died
Their true supporters cried
Now they have the Power
And the comp is sour

Make the comp 8 sides
Don't give AFL clubs rides
Bring back the integrity
Congrats to Grigg on Magarey
Last edited by bulldogproud on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby MW » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:33 pm

My favorite banner of all time...Richmond oval it was Robin McKinnons birthday. The banner simply read "HAPPY BDAY SUGA" and promptly disintegrated before the players could run through it. Good times...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2567 times
Been liked: 1811 times

Postby PhilH » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 pm

Meanwhile out West ... looks like the WAFL Grand FInal has been moved a week early .... could we say the same about the SANFL this Sunday?

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/whoever-wins-between-subi-and-south-is-the-best-wafl-team---but-a-de-facto-afl-team-might-win-the-grand-final-ng-b88596779z
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby zipzap » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:35 am

PhilH wrote:Meanwhile out West ... looks like the WAFL Grand FInal has been moved a week early .... could we say the same about the SANFL this Sunday?

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/whoever-wins-between-subi-and-south-is-the-best-wafl-team---but-a-de-facto-afl-team-might-win-the-grand-final-ng-b88596779z

Definitely parallels there
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:02 am

A ringing endorsement of the process.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:03 am

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2306 times
Been liked: 3479 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:09 am

Win Lose or Draw i have put up with this AFL infestation in the SANFL for the last FOUR FAARKEN years so FAARKKK OFFF you parasitic MAGGOTS and go find another competition to play in .

NO AFL IN THE SANFL .
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Hazydog » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:04 pm

Might as well close this thread down now.

40K attendance for a GF including the "Magpies" and a traditional State League Team winning has effectively endorsed the whole concept as a success from an SANFL point of view.

Hard to argue the facts other than the consideration that it appears you now need to beat an AFL Reserves team to either get into the GF or win the GF.

All eyes now on WA to see how they react to Peels unheralded success following their association with Freo.

For now though it will be a case of put up or shut up in the good old SANFULL.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:26 pm

I would suggest, HazyDog, that the Magpies faithful could not stay away from the club they loved.
Take me for instance. I cannot stay away from the Blues, yet they endorsed the reserves concept. Do I therefore have to give up my club in order to voice a concern about things?
I think there are a few Magpies in the same spot as me; not happy about things, but unable to simply drop a part of their life that has meant so much to them.
It would also be interesting to see an Eagles v Crows Grand Final. We could then type the opposite of your last post, not much doubt about that.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby LPH » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:42 pm

FWIW, I did drop that 'part of my life that meant so much' & there has been a hole in my heart since. I miss the weekly ritual with my Lad. I miss the friends we shared a decade with all over the City, at Suburban Grounds. I miss Grand Final Day (in October) starting @ 8am, regardless of who was playing. I miss the SANFL as a genuine alternative to the 2 'Corporate Monsters'. Unfortunately, I just can't bring myself to return to WWT. Does that make me fickle? I don't think so. Bitter? Probably, Yes. Fickle? No. My Lad turned 18 a couple of weeks ago. He wants to return next season; "We could go to a few games, Dad, hang out, like the old days except now I too can drink"... Whilst it sounds inviting, I just can't bring myself to do it whilst the Cows & PAPs remain in the Competition. Cutting off my nose, to spite my face? Perhaps, but there is still a place in the World for 'Principle', isn't there?
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Pseudo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:33 pm

You're not fickle, LPH. Quite the opposite. There is the classic line when breaking up with one's lover: "it's not you, it's me". In this case, it would be perfectly correct to claim "it's not me, Eagles... it's you. It's definitely you."
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby therisingblues » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:23 am

LPH wrote:FWIW, I did drop that 'part of my life that meant so much' & there has been a hole in my heart since. I miss the weekly ritual with my Lad. I miss the friends we shared a decade with all over the City, at Suburban Grounds. I miss Grand Final Day (in October) starting @ 8am, regardless of who was playing. I miss the SANFL as a genuine alternative to the 2 'Corporate Monsters'. Unfortunately, I just can't bring myself to return to WWT. Does that make me fickle? I don't think so. Bitter? Probably, Yes. Fickle? No. My Lad turned 18 a couple of weeks ago. He wants to return next season; "We could go to a few games, Dad, hang out, like the old days except now I too can drink"... Whilst it sounds inviting, I just can't bring myself to do it whilst the Cows & PAPs remain in the Competition. Cutting off my nose, to spite my face? Perhaps, but there is still a place in the World for 'Principle', isn't there?

Time to return LPH. Maybe just watch without you colours and without cheering for a few games, and let nature take its course. You're an Eagles fan and you have spent 4 years away. This act alone trumps anything that the schmucks on the Eagles board could possibly now say, except perhaps "good to see you back". I hardly believe they'd have expected an exodus of that duration. You have done all that honour could ask of you, and one day you are going to be at death's door and you might be thinking "I just wish I'd settled my quarrel with the Eagles sooner."
Life is short my friend.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Grenville » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:44 am

Pseudo wrote:You're not fickle, LPH. Quite the opposite. There is the classic line when breaking up with one's lover: "it's not you, it's me". In this case, it would be perfectly correct to claim "it's not me, Eagles... it's you. It's definitely you."

Agree Pseudo, you're not fickle at all lad. Nothing wrong with standing up for something you believe in, it takes more balls to do that than blindly follow like a sheep.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby Magellan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:58 am

Grenville wrote:
Pseudo wrote:You're not fickle, LPH. Quite the opposite. There is the classic line when breaking up with one's lover: "it's not you, it's me". In this case, it would be perfectly correct to claim "it's not me, Eagles... it's you. It's definitely you."

Agree Pseudo, you're not fickle at all lad. Nothing wrong with standing up for something you believe in, it takes more balls to do that than blindly follow like a sheep.

Correct. It takes a lot of courage to make tough decision when the things you love don't show you the respect you deserve.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby LPH » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:42 am

Must say I'm 'feeling the love' a bit here Lads :D Food for thought, at least.
The Boy & I are going to Europe in Jan & Feb on a 'Football Odyssey ' (England, Scotland, Belgium, Holland, Italy), so renewing my 'passion' for 'Hooliganism' (my non-violent, verbal kind) will happen then. Perhaps that will result in a renewal of my want to return to the SANFL, who knows?
Perhaps wearing my Fulham Colours might be a 'compromise' I can make? As I said, I really do miss it - its a void I have been unable to fill through AUFC, SAJC or even that forlorn attempt at following SAFC for a season. I guess the 'door is ajar', for now 8) If I did return, it would probably result in greater contributions back on here :roll:
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby FlyingHigh » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:44 pm

therisingblues wrote:
LPH wrote:FWIW, I did drop that 'part of my life that meant so much' & there has been a hole in my heart since. I miss the weekly ritual with my Lad. I miss the friends we shared a decade with all over the City, at Suburban Grounds. I miss Grand Final Day (in October) starting @ 8am, regardless of who was playing. I miss the SANFL as a genuine alternative to the 2 'Corporate Monsters'. Unfortunately, I just can't bring myself to return to WWT. Does that make me fickle? I don't think so. Bitter? Probably, Yes. Fickle? No. My Lad turned 18 a couple of weeks ago. He wants to return next season; "We could go to a few games, Dad, hang out, like the old days except now I too can drink"... Whilst it sounds inviting, I just can't bring myself to do it whilst the Cows & PAPs remain in the Competition. Cutting off my nose, to spite my face? Perhaps, but there is still a place in the World for 'Principle', isn't there?

Time to return LPH. Maybe just watch without you colours and without cheering for a few games, and let nature take its course. You're an Eagles fan and you have spent 4 years away. This act alone trumps anything that the schmucks on the Eagles board could possibly now say, except perhaps "good to see you back". I hardly believe they'd have expected an exodus of that duration. You have done all that honour could ask of you, and one day you are going to be at death's door and you might be thinking "I just wish I'd settled my quarrel with the Eagles sooner."
Life is short my friend.

This is good advice and i should take heed of it, because my niece and nephew live in the country and so love their sport and before all this sh!t happened i was looking forward to trying to get them into the sanfl when they wouldn't have had too many other people doing so. In their innocence would have a clue about any of this but would just love watching footy with their uncle. It wrenches in me that i haven't and perhaps i should look longer term and so they might be sanfl fans in 30 years time, but geez it's hard to given the disrespect and disregard of the clubs and sanfl over the last few years.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby GMcG » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:30 pm

bloody oath!
GMcG
Under 16s

Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby whufc » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Yep can't bring myself to return to the SANFL

Watched both of Centrals finals on tv (didn't even consider going) and to be honest didn't have the passion of gone years.

Do I miss the weekly routine of going to watch the dogs, do I miss my life being scheduled by Centrals fixture, do I miss the banter on the hills at suburban games............bloody oath I do

Can I bring myself to put in all that effort, passion, expense in a competition that doesn't have respect or see a future for itself no ******* way!!!

The SANFL is well and truly dead in my mind
Last edited by whufc on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:25 pm

whufc wrote:Yep can't bring myself to return to the SANFL

Watched both of Centrals finals on tv (didn't even consider going) and to be honest didn't have the passion of gone years.

Do I miss the weekly routine of going to watch the dogs, do I miss my life being scheduled by Centrals fixture, do I miss the banter on the hills at suburban games............bloody oath I do

Can I bring myself to put in all that effort, passion, expense in a competition that doesn't have respect or see a future for itself no ******* way!!!

The SANFL is well and truly did in my mind

Did as a dor nil
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby LMA » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:09 pm

FFS you lot, why deprive yourself of enjoyment. We all do stuff in our life that we don't necessarily agree with whether it be for loved ones, employment or whatever. I don't like the path PAFC took by giving up a rich, historic talent zone to the Eagles to keep their AFL players together but I will never stop supporting them for the sheer fact I am a football fan and they are my club.

There are far bigger and real problems in this state, country and world than a potential 38 listed AFL players playing in any given week of the SANFL, to deprive your family and friends of your company at a social gathering like football is selfish IMO and will be looked back on with regret
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL