EPL Season 2017/2018

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:05 pm

JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
JK wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Just watched the 8 minutes when 4 goals were scored, very entertaining!
Liverpool look like road workers in that kit.

Especially in defence where 1 bloke works whilst 4 others watch him

Your defense was actually set up quite well. Your LB had no awareness of Sanchez coming from behind. Second goal was a ripper although not sure why Mignolet didn’t go two hands. Third goal cut apart by brilliant run and back flick by Ozil and Lacazette.

Arsenal on the other hand defensive shambles

First two goals were terrible, Gomez asleep at far post and as good as Xhaka's hit was, Mignolet should have saved it ... Most Liverpool fans (biased or not I dont know) thought we should have been 3-zip up at the break.

Don’t forgot all three of your goals were deflected. Two off Arsenal shins and Cech flapping it into the goal ;)
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby devilsadvocate » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Massive game for both spurs and clarets tonight in the context of their respective seasons.
Handy result with arse Liverpool sharing points
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:55 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:Massive game for both spurs and clarets tonight in the context of their respective seasons.

It's a bigger game for you than us ;)
Clarets can climb back to 4th and another step nearer safety.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:07 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
devilsadvocate wrote:Massive game for both spurs and clarets tonight in the context of their respective seasons.

You will never end up 4th, Arsenal love that spot too much.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2060 times
Been liked: 3913 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby devilsadvocate » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:44 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

That's what worries me about it!
Clarets with nothing to lose in a stellar season.
Pressure on spurs massively
Cant wait to have Toby Alderwiereld and Victor Wanyama back!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:45 pm

P.s. will you be there cous?
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby JK » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:26 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Don’t forgot all three of your goals were deflected. Two off Arsenal shins and Cech flapping it into the goal ;)

I'd consider Salahs lucky. Definitely not Coutinho's and Firminos so-so. Was a good hit that looked to be going in, so not a deflection as such - Either way, despite being the better team in general play, we split the points - offer me that before a game at the Emirates and I'd take it.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:03 pm

JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

I'd consider Salahs lucky. Definitely not Coutinho's and Firminos so-so. Was a good hit that looked to be going in, so not a deflection as such - Either way, despite being the better team in general play, we split the points - offer me that before a game at the Emirates and I'd take it.

Had the cross not hit Koscienlys shin the ball wouldn’t have got that extra lift which put it nicely on Firminios Head. Two nil up should never had lost
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:06 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:P.s. will you be there cous?

Of course my colonial sibling

Have Spurs fans with us so it looks like jaeger bombs in coffee cups :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Wedgie wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

FYI we’ve actually finished 3rd more than 4th.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby JK » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:14 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Had the cross not hit Koscienlys shin the ball wouldn’t have got that extra lift which put it nicely on Firminios Head. Two nil up should never had lost

Coutinho I think you mean .. You're right we shouldn't have lost, but the fact you're focusing on that and not your mobs inability to hang onto a 3-2 lead with 25 mins to play at home shows how far your club has fallen
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:58 pm

JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Coutinho I think you mean .. You're right we shouldn't have lost, but the fact you're focusing on that and not your mobs inability to hang onto a 3-2 lead with 25 mins to play at home shows how far your club has fallen

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas Everyone.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:59 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

3rd is the new 1st for Wenger ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:05 pm

johntheclaret wrote:

Bit over zealous there, forgot Liverpool picked up a point. We will have to settle for 5th.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:33 pm

JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
JK wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

I’d be more worried about conceding 3 goals in four minutes then worrying about our plight.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:28 am

Rubbish defending once again and wasted a decent chance to open up a gap to the rest
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:39 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Not in the Premier League :)

On a slightly diffetent note, congratulations to Harry Kane for equalling Alan Shearer's record for goals in a calendar year with one game to go.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2060 times
Been liked: 3913 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:11 am

Well what can I say
Apart from the fact that Ali and Kane shouldn’t have even been in the pitch today, Ali was lucky again that the ref chose yellow instead of what could easily been red.
To add insult to injury he then dives in the box and wins a penalty. Football really needs to get its act together. Anyway that was it. Spurs were quicker and more skillful than us, and bullied us, no excuses there. We settled down after about 20 mins but by then the damage was done.
Maybe if Ali had walked it might have been different as he also set up the 2nd. As it was Spurs gained confidence and weren’t really threatened in the 1st half. I have to say they are the best side that’s been to the Turf this year.

Disappointed to go into Christmas in 7th instead of 4th :lol: :lol:

Without prejudice; the officials really need to get their act together. It isn’t just Burnley, it’s all the “less fashionable” teams that seem to get the raw deal. Shite penalty calls like today just change the whole outlook of games, whilst the big clubs seem to benefit from either decisions going in their favour or frees not give against them.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:13 am

johntheclaret wrote:
devilsadvocate wrote:P.s. will you be there cous?

Of course my colonial sibling

Have Spurs fans with us so it looks like jaeger bombs in coffee cups :lol:

Haha don't forget the black sambucca!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:20 am

johntheclaret wrote:Well what can I say
Apart from the fact that Ali and Kane shouldn’t have even been in the pitch today, Ali was lucky again that the ref chose yellow instead of what could easily been red.
To add insult to injury he then dives in the box and wins a penalty. Football really needs to get its act together. Anyway that was it. Spurs were quicker and more skillful than us, and bullied us, no excuses there. We settled down after about 20 mins but by then the damage was done.
Maybe if Ali had walked it might have been different as he also set up the 2nd. As it was Spurs gained confidence and weren’t really threatened in the 1st half. I have to say they are the best side that’s been to the Turf this year.

Disappointed to go into Christmas in 7th instead of 4th :lol: :lol:

Without prejudice; the officials really need to get their act together. It isn’t just Burnley, it’s all the “less fashionable” teams that seem to get the raw deal. Shite penalty calls like today just change the whole outlook of games, whilst the big clubs seem to benefit from either decisions going in their favour or frees not give against them.

While I agree Alli could easily have seen red, I thought the penalty was there. Long's knee impedes Ali without getting close to the ball. Ali definitely added some mayonnaise but it was there.

Harry Kane is unbelievable.
devilsadvocate
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer