World Cup 2018

The World Game

Re: World Cup 2018

Postby Bully » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:18 pm

But onto the topic at hand - Im keen to see how England do in their match :)
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:37 pm

LMA wrote:Beer muscles or not, this happens at junior level in this country, my lad has come off the pitch a few times disappointed that opposition players have taken a dive and been rewarded a penalty. He is bewildered when I tell him it's part of the game. So yes too many beers last night, apologies to soccer lovers as mentioned it's blokes like me who only watch the big tournament's that bag it out. Hernandez is still a soft prick though, beer or no beer ;)

Hernandez is a convicted wife basher so it was no surprise to see him squeal like a pig when confronted by a bloke
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby morell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Jim05 wrote:
LMA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Clear penalty, shoddy defending

You have to be kidding, Aussie touches the ball, French takes two steps then Rances it, way to lose a game but if that's within the rules give me netball any day of the week

Unfortunately there was contact made so for me it was a pen. It didn’t lose us the game as we equalised shortly after. We lost the game because stupidly we didn’t park the bus and settle for a draw. We allowed the game to open up far too much and got stung.
We do need to learn to exaggerate contact though, it’s a part of the game and we have always been too proud to do it which is often to our detriment
Well if that's the case, then I want nothing to do with the Sport. The defender clearly got the ball and every so slightly nicked his heel on his way down. Exaggerating contact is a bitch move.

If thats "ok" and par for the course, then the entire sport ought to have a moment or two of self reflection.

You can all laugh at LMA but he's right. Soccer will never be anywhere near the other codes in this Country as culturally it does not cohere with our values.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Bully » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:05 pm

morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
LMA wrote:

You have to be kidding, Aussie touches the ball, French takes two steps then Rances it, way to lose a game but if that's within the rules give me netball any day of the week

Unfortunately there was contact made so for me it was a pen. It didn’t lose us the game as we equalised shortly after. We lost the game because stupidly we didn’t park the bus and settle for a draw. We allowed the game to open up far too much and got stung.
We do need to learn to exaggerate contact though, it’s a part of the game and we have always been too proud to do it which is often to our detriment
Well if that's the case, then I want nothing to do with the Sport. The defender clearly got the ball and every so slightly nicked his heel on his way down. Exaggerating contact is a bitch move.

If thats "ok" and par for the course, then the entire sport ought to have a moment or two of self reflection.

You can all laugh at LMA but he's right. Soccer will never be anywhere near the other codes in this Country as culturally it does not cohere with our values.

no one here is saying that football would ever be the same level as AFL in this country.. Note the THIS COUNTRY . Not from this forum or members anyway...thats just stupid
On a world stage, AFL would never be on the same level as Football.
Bully
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:12 pm

morell wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
LMA wrote:

Well don’t have anything to do with the sport and piss off out of the threads. Jesus Christ
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Bully » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:14 pm

thats my point also benny. we dont see any football well "soca" fans on this forum going over to AFL threads or SANFL threads and saying - i watched one game and its trash or its a panzy sport and im going home to tell my son he wont be playing that sport again after last nights game.

Like go troll other threads...
Bully
Coach

Postby morell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:16 pm

I said "if that's the case" in response to Jim you pelicans

I have faith that they can remove the "simulation" - it was a priority a little while back if I can recall.

its simple. Don't stop the game for injuries. and if you do they cant come back on for 10 minutes. Yellow card and suspend serial divers. And I would also suggest not having penalties for fouls in the box or take them further out
Last edited by morell on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Bully wrote:thats my point also benny. we dont see any football well "soca" fans on this forum going over to AFL threads or SANFL threads and saying - i watched one game and its trash or its a panzy sport and im going home to tell my son he wont be playing that sport again after last nights game.

Happens with sanfl fans bagging the afl and with the women’s footy too.

Plenty of people just can’t ignore a game they supposedly don’t care about
bennymacca
Coach

Postby morell » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:18 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Bully wrote:thats my point also benny. we dont see any football well "soca" fans on this forum going over to AFL threads or SANFL threads and saying - i watched one game and its trash or its a panzy sport and im going home to tell my son he wont be playing that sport again after last nights game.

You really lack reading comprehension when you're emotional
morell
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:19 pm

morell wrote:I said "if that's the case" in response to Jim you pelicans

I have faith that they can remove the "simulation" - it was a priority a little while back if I can recall.

The hilarious thing it’s in afl too. But I don’t hear you not wanting to follow the power anymore when one of the worst joined your team over the off season
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:19 pm

and again, no one here as a football fan is saying that players dont dive to win penalties or free kicks. Its part of the game. If one doesn't like it then don't watch it, simple.
Comment on the thread , but simply go away if you are here to say - its a girls sport or for panzies ( not targeted at you for this part morell dont take it that way )
This is not north korea you know...
Bully
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:20 pm

morell wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

You really lack reading comprehension when you're emotional

And you lack the emotional ability to not start arguments on every single thread including ones you supposedly don’t care about
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:22 pm

its simple. Don't stop the game for injuries. and if you do they cant come back on for 10 minutes. Yellow card and suspend serial divers. And I would also suggest not having penalties for fouls in the box or take them further out

Morell, it’ll never be stamped out. Hasn’t been stamped out in a 100 years it won’t be stamped out within 5mins.

I like that 10 minute off rule but the problem with this being a World game it’ll be hard to change the rule with all the dodgy pricks around the sport, especially the ones who play act the most and that’s everyone!!
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Bully » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:26 pm

so back to the topic -

Messi and his penalty miss :lol:
Bully
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:27 pm

I’ve heard there is a proposal to change it to 60 games but with time on. That would get rid of a lot of the rolling around after getting slightly touched as there is no incentive for time wasting.

And VAR will stamp out a lot of the simulation in the box once it’s widely employed
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Bully wrote:so back to the topic -

How good were Iceland too

The mini matches on Optus sport are awesome. 3 min highlights aren’t enough to get the flow of the game and I wouldn’t have spent the 6 hours to watch the other games overnight, but watching the 25 min mini matches was perfect
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:31 pm

bennymacca wrote:I’ve heard there is a proposal to change it to 60 games but with time on. That would get rid of a lot of the rolling around after getting slightly touched as there is no incentive for time wasting.

And VAR will stamp out a lot of the simulation in the box once it’s widely employed

It’s doing a good job already :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:37 pm

bennymacca wrote:

The mini matches on Optus sport are awesome. 3 min highlights aren’t enough to get the flow of the game and I wouldn’t have spent the 6 hours to watch the other games overnight, but watching the 25 min mini matches was perfect

How good is it seeing a part time athlete save a Leo Messi penalty? Apparently the Iceland keeper is a part time film editor semi professional footballer. Does anyone know how many of te Iceland starting squad are full time footballers? I only know of Glyfi Siguardson
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Quite a few of them play championship football in England

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=icel ... q7;pl;fp;1
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:43 pm

bennymacca wrote:

yeah they can produce when they need to . Remember england being done by them werent they also ?
Last edited by Bully on Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bully
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer