Postby RustyCage » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:37 am

Currently driving a car around Mount Panorama [emoji2]Image
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:52 pm

Winning my first game of cricket as A grade captain yesterday, this is my first season as captain.

Chasing 211 to win we slumped to 8/126 before we had an 86 run stand for the 9th wicket. The youngest player in our side at 17 made 54 batting at number 7, he was brilliant. It was his first A grade half century after making a first ball duck in round one. Our number 10 made 27 not out and batted beautifully keeping the young fella calm in what was a pretty nervous situation. We won with a no ball four and next ball the young fella was out LBW. I went out for one over to make sure we past the score and finished with 3 not out, I also scored made a duck in round one.

Brilliant to win from nowhere as we were gone falling to 8/126 after 2 wickets fell in 2 balls. I was riding a wave of emotion, our innings started strongly as the runs were flowing and well ahead of the required run rate only to hit a slump after about 40/45 overs and then somehow the game fell our way. I was sitting there waiting to bat nervous as all hell praying the boys would get us home. I couldn't stop smiling all last night. Great to get that first win on the board.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:01 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Winning my first game of cricket as A grade captain yesterday, this is my first season as captain.

Chasing 211 to win we slumped to 8/126 before we had an 86 run stand for the 9th wicket. The youngest player in our side at 17 made 54 batting at number 7, he was brilliant. It was his first A grade half century after making a first ball duck in round one. Our number 10 made 27 not out and batted beautifully keeping the young fella calm in what was a pretty nervous situation. We won with a no ball four and next ball the young fella was out LBW. I went out for one over to make sure we past the score and finished with 3 not out, I also scored made a duck in round one.

Brilliant to win from nowhere as we were gone falling to 8/126 after 2 wickets fell in 2 balls. I was riding a wave of emotion, our innings started strongly as the runs were flowing and well ahead of the required run rate only to hit a slump after about 40/45 overs and then somehow the game fell our way. I was sitting there waiting to bat nervous as all hell praying the boys would get us home. I couldn't stop smiling all last night. Great to get that first win on the board.

Well done skippa!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:43 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Winning my first game of cricket as A grade captain yesterday, this is my first season as captain.

Great stuff mate. Can be very rewarding captaining a side, you'll love it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:47 am

Hey guys, has anyone called it yet, or is today a false dawn?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:07 am

Well done mate, did my cousin play?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:18 am

Well done TDK
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Well done mate, did my cousin play?
Yes he did. Took 3 fa and made 7.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:53 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Yes he did. Took 3 fa and made 7.

Cool, great lad.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:29 am

Genuinely good win.. Well done skipper, hopefully start of good things to come!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:29 am

Booney wrote:Great stuff mate. Can be very rewarding captaining a side, you'll love it.

Can also be a real prick of a job haha!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:29 am

https://twitter.com/ReverendRobP10/stat ... 4121949184

Only 66k in views currently, global and trending!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Sneaking in a few beers in the Qantas Club enroute to Sydney this arvo, in preparation for a few customer meetings in the morning. Golf in the arvo, and strip clubs tomorrow night. My liver aches in anticipation.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Corona Man » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:21 pm

Beer. Golf sucks.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:38 am

After birthday eve drinks Wednesday and a huge one last night, my liver and I dragged my sorry arse into work where we're having parmi's for lunch then I have the missus picking me up to take me to the Gawler Cup for more refreshments and hopefully some big tri's.

I think I may have a dry weekend after today.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:53 am

Getting back into footy again.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:51 am

I try to tell my kids to back themselves in what they do without getting carried away with it and to set goals in whatever it is they attempt.

My 13 year old son looked on the mycricket app a few weeks ago as we were driving home from his game and seen that he'd just passed 2000 career runs and let me know.

He then says "I'm gonna try and reach 3000 by the end of this season"

"Yeah mate, you do that" I replied with a rye smile.

The smartarse has now reached 382 for the season and 2292 all up and we haven't left October yet, lucky I'm not a parent that chucks out monetary incentives.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I try to tell my kids to back themselves in what they do without getting carried away with it and to set goals in whatever it is they attempt.

My 13 year old son looked on the mycricket app a few weeks ago as we were driving home from his game and seen that he'd just passed 2000 career runs and let me know.

The smartarse has now reached 382 for the season and 2292 all up and we haven't left October yet, lucky I'm not a parent that chucks out monetary incentives.

My dearly departed Aunty Yvonne used to offer 20c per run when I was at primary school. I could always bowl, I didn't work out my batting until later in life so she never had to cough up too much. Whatever she did cough up went each way on whatever Johnny Letts was riding in the early 80's that Saturday afternoon anyway. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:17 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I try to tell my kids to back themselves in what they do without getting carried away with it and to set goals in whatever it is they attempt.

My dearly departed Aunty Yvonne used to offer 20c per run when I was at primary school. I could always bowl, I didn't work out my batting until later in life so she never had to cough up too much. Whatever she did cough up went each way on whatever Johnny Letts was riding in the early 80's that Saturday afternoon anyway. :lol:

I was Paddy Payne in the 90's, and whenever Schillaci ran.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:33 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

I was Paddy Payne in the 90's, and whenever Schillaci ran.

In high school we all had communication books/diaries.
Most of my mates had Michael Jordan photos on the front of theirs, or rock bands - even Elle Macpherson.
I had a snap of Schillaci on mine.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion