6%
SHOC
3%
Unley Mercedes Jets
26%

Total votes : 35

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2019

Postby Trader » Mon May 20, 2019 2:20 pm

the joker wrote:How many more suspensions are Henley from being kicked out the league?
It happens to the northern clubs.

Henley had 1 game total suspension in 2016, and again just the 1 game in 2017.
Yes their 2018 was bad, and 2019 also hasn't started well, but I'd suspect they have a little bit of credit in the bank from good years in 16 and 17.
No doubt league HQ will be starting to ask questions though.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 20, 2019 2:26 pm

The Bedge wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Hows the comment of the CEO? Sure it's a contact sport and bad injuries can happen but when someone is head over the ball and the other decides to bump illegally instead of tackle it contributes to the bad injury? If the player in question decides to tackle or attempts to pick up the ball the seaton player doesn't break his back? Players are getting 4 games for gut punches, 6 games for laying punches yet and bloke lays and illegal bump and breaks someone back and receives 0 games. What a disgrace.

Hang about... talk about twisting things to suit your argument.. if the incident you're referring to was at the 41:17 min mark of the below game i would hardly call it just a gut punch... he's a good 10+ metres off the ball and turns, looks at the opponent who only has eyes for the ball and whacks him one!

I would say 4 games is getting off lightly.

https://www.dartfish.tv/Player?CR=p1320 ... 05m4770845

Wont load on my lappy or phone!!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:31 pm

Trader wrote:
the joker wrote:How many more suspensions are Henley from being kicked out the league?
It happens to the northern clubs.

Henley had 1 game total suspension in 2016, and again just the 1 game in 2017.
Yes their 2018 was bad, and 2019 also hasn't started well, but I'd suspect they have a little bit of credit in the bank from good years in 16 and 17.
No doubt league HQ will be starting to ask questions though.

Did he rumour John Kernahan went out and spoke to club/players so they obviously would be aware they need to lift their game.

Basically three blokes had hefty suspensions in last two years, so makes the whole club look bad which can be bit unfair.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon May 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Wont load on my lappy or phone!!

1.JPG
1.JPG (19.55 KiB) Viewed 2885 times

2.JPG
2.JPG (17.55 KiB) Viewed 2885 times

3.JPG
3.JPG (20.55 KiB) Viewed 2885 times
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby mighty hounds » Mon May 20, 2019 5:24 pm

The Bedge wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:Hows the comment of the CEO? Sure it's a contact sport and bad injuries can happen but when someone is head over the ball and the other decides to bump illegally instead of tackle it contributes to the bad injury? If the player in question decides to tackle or attempts to pick up the ball the seaton player doesn't break his back? Players are getting 4 games for gut punches, 6 games for laying punches yet and bloke lays and illegal bump and breaks someone back and receives 0 games. What a disgrace.

Hang about... talk about twisting things to suit your argument.. if the incident you're referring to was at the 41:17 min mark of the below game i would hardly call it just a gut punch... he's a good 10+ metres off the ball and turns, looks at the opponent who only has eyes for the ball and whacks him one!

:lol:

I'd love to hear your thoughts that if 4 games is light for a gut punch where the player continued the game out what would you call 0 games for a front on bump with the player head over the ball which put someone in a wheelchair with broken back ?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:39 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I'd love to hear your thoughts that if 4 games is light for a gut punch where the player continued the game out what would you call 0 games for a front on bump with the player head over the ball which put someone in a wheelchair with broken back ?

The more you watch that the more staggering the decision was. They have totally stuffed this one up! Did I read somewhere the League said he had to protect himself more? Never heard such garbage before! Must have had a great lawyer, thats for sure!

Do the League have an appeals process, or somewhere Seaton could go to get justice? Feel sorry for the lad and hope he is on the mend.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Down the Hill » Tue May 21, 2019 10:15 am

mighty hounds wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I'd love to hear your thoughts that if 4 games is light for a gut punch where the player continued the game out what would you call 0 games for a front
on bump with the player head over the ball which put someone in a wheelchair with broken back ?

The term "gut punch" is generally used for a short jab to the stomach - often when the players are face to face or standing still next to each other. What the FP lad did was nothing short of striking. If that swinging arm hits the head he probably breaks the blokes jaw and will get an 8 to 10 week suspension or possibly even 12 plus (see you later from the AdFL). No problems whatsoever with 4 games for that.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby laser » Tue May 21, 2019 10:27 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
The more you watch that the more staggering the decision was. They have totally stuffed this one up! Did I read somewhere the League said he had to protect himself more? Never heard such garbage before! Must have had a great lawyer, thats for sure!

Do the League have an appeals process, or somewhere Seaton could go to get justice? Feel sorry for the lad and hope he is on the mend.

In the AFL the consequences appear to go back to the player choosing to bump. Ie. bump and collect someone high; you get matches. That appears to not apply in this instance. Risky business from the AdlFL.
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby mighty hounds » Tue May 21, 2019 10:55 am

Down the Hill wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I'd love to hear your thoughts that if 4 games is light for a gut punch where the player continued the game out what would you call 0 games for a front
on bump with the player head over the ball which put someone in a wheelchair with broken back ?

The term "gut punch" is generally used for a short jab to the stomach - often when the players are face to face or standing still next to each other. What the FP lad did was nothing short of striking. If that swinging arm hits the head he probably breaks the blokes jaw and will get an 8 to 10 week suspension or possibly even 12 plus (see you later from the AdFL). No problems whatsoever with 4 games for that.

Maybe he was watching some of your U/18s DTH :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:27 am

laser wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

In the AFL the consequences appear to go back to the player choosing to bump. Ie. bump and collect someone high; you get matches. That appears to not apply in this instance. Risky business from the AdlFL.

Agree Laser. Paul Roos last night on Fox was talking about the Travis Varcoe one where he got a game suspension. Basically said he had duty of care and although was not a lot he could have done deserved to be rubbed out.

Same applies to Rolfe (which was way worse than Varcoe), if you bump to head, you have to be held responsible, even if they gave him 1 or 2, but to let him off was an unbelievable decision, reckon if they had their time over they would have suspended him as 99% of people watching that would have expected. Staggering really.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Down the Hill » Tue May 21, 2019 11:44 am

Takes two to tango MH and our two poorest days for discipline with our U18's since joining the AdFL have both been v FP at FP.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby whufc » Tue May 21, 2019 12:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:

I agree!

That's not a gut punch, its not a bump, its not part of playing aussie rules.

If you want to be a hero tuck the shoulder in and make contact with below the shoulder and above the knees and bump him to the ground as hard as you like.

There is no place in football for swinging arms like that.....it's simply not football.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mighty hounds » Tue May 21, 2019 1:40 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I agree!

That's not a gut punch, its not a bump, its not part of playing aussie rules.

If you want to be a hero tuck the shoulder in and make contact with below the shoulder and above the knees and bump him to the ground as hard as you like.

There is no place in football for swinging arms like that.....it's simply not football.

FFS :roll: where did I say that 4 games was too little? Oh, I didn’t.
I was making comment that a incident that was far worse resulted in less games than a couple of incidents that I knew of.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue May 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Takes two to tango MH and our two poorest days for discipline with our U18's since joining the AdFL have both been v FP at FP.

Hope you’ve kicked out the mma fighter after his head butting a couple weeks back. You might get on AAA soon old mate
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 21, 2019 1:46 pm

mighty hounds wrote:FFS :roll: where did I say that 4 games was too little? Oh, I didn’t.
I was making comment that a incident that was far worse resulted in less games than a couple of incidents that I knew of.

You're simplifying the incident to make your point.. it's not just a gut punch, it's assault off the ball.. and had it been higher contact the penalties far more severe.

So in regards to making comparisons to other incidents, it's genuinely not fair.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue May 21, 2019 2:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:FFS :roll: where did I say that 4 games was too little? Oh, I didn’t.

You're simplifying the incident to make your point.. it's not just a gut punch, it's assault off the ball.. and had it been higher contact the penalties far more severe.

So in regards to making comparisons to other incidents, it's genuinely not fair.

You’re right I shouldn’t have used an another incident where someone didn’t get a broken neck.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue May 21, 2019 2:40 pm

mighty hounds wrote:You’re right I shouldn’t have used an another incident where someone didn’t get a broken neck.

Fight me.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Tue May 21, 2019 2:44 pm

The Bedge wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:You’re right I shouldn’t have used an another incident where someone didn’t get a broken neck.

Fight me.

#dickinyourarse
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby carey » Sun May 26, 2019 3:32 pm

Watched S/North host Unley yesterday, 2 very good sides in pretty tough conditions. Unley have the best structure and spread I’ve seen in amateur footy, not only do they spread when it’s a turn Jesus they run back hard.

Salisbury North played a classic wet weather contested game style for the first 3 1/4’s which seen them hold a comfortable lead at 3 1/4 time but for some reason went away from it in the last to allow Unley to kick 5-6 goals in the last :? IMO Salisbury North had the game sown up but let it slip.

Can certainly see these 2 sides going very deep in September
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2994 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Footy Chick » Sun May 26, 2019 6:03 pm

carey wrote:Watched S/North host Unley yesterday, 2 very good sides in pretty tough conditions. Unley have the best structure and spread I’ve seen in amateur footy, not only do they spread when it’s a turn Jesus they run back hard.

Salisbury North played a classic wet weather contested game style for the first 3 1/4’s which seen them hold a comfortable lead at 3 1/4 time but for some reason went away from it in the last to allow Unley to kick 5-6 goals in the last :? IMO Salisbury North had the game sown up but let it slip.

Can certainly see these 2 sides going very deep in September

They did the same to Athelstone the week before, a comfortable lead blown by the Raggies and Unley rolled them 3 or 4 goals.

Happy 200th to @Jetters too, whom we haven't heard from for a while....
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League