Glenelg V Port Grand Final

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Postby stan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:33 am

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:
Brett wrote:Obsessed . LMA and Booney . 1 little comment and youre on. You blokes should be Salmon. Always jump on . Never a reply with some sense , just dodge it . Good on you boys ! lol
Brett, mate you have been going on and on about Port in each thread having beefs with Booney and LMA each time.

This happens in nearly all threads, you are looking at being a bit obsessed here.

Calm the farm and stop feeding the trolls.

We're the trolls? :D

The clown offers nothing constructive whatsoever.
Come on mate it's like you guys are picking on a old bloke that's new to the interweb.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1252 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby LMA » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:48 am

Stan, he ain't new there are some identical constructed posts out there from another user , if you know what I mean .
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby stan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:17 pm

LMA wrote:Stan, he ain't new there are some identical constructed posts out there from another user , if you know what I mean .
Yeah mate, read you loud and clear.
stan
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:24 pm

LMA wrote:Stan, he ain't new there are some identical constructed posts out there from another user , if you know what I mean .

A Jarman Impey you mean? ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1687 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby stampy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:50 pm

LMA wrote:Regardless of who's playing this week and probably more applicable to the AFL but I've always thought that the jab is a form of enhancement that has never really been scrutinised. Players can get rubbed out for smoking a bit of hooch but you can juice them up to the eyeballs with all sorts of gear to get them through a game.

tend to agree
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Rising Power » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:45 pm

Aidyn Johnson can only be replaced by an AFL player, according to Lokan at the press conference. That leaves Frederick, Pudney and Grundy as options.

So the SANFL forces the AFL clubs to play 4 top ups in the finals so they're not "too" good, but they're not allowed to play more than 4 top ups if there are 17+ AFL players available. Makes sense. More than 4 players actually trying to win is too much of an advantage I guess.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:08 pm

Rising Power wrote:Aidyn Johnson can only be replaced by an AFL player, according to Lokan at the press conference. That leaves Frederick, Pudney and Grundy as options.

So the SANFL forces the AFL clubs to play 4 top ups in the finals so they're not "too" good, but they're not allowed to play more than 4 top ups if there are 17+ AFL players available. Makes sense. More than 4 players actually trying to win is too much of an advantage I guess.

Whatever suits Glenelg is the best way to do it. If Port are weaker by having to play an AFL listed player then he plays, simples!
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2414 times
Been liked: 1655 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Brett » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:03 pm

Booney wrote:
stan wrote:
Brett wrote:Obsessed . LMA and Booney . 1 little comment and youre on. You blokes should be Salmon. Always jump on . Never a reply with some sense , just dodge it . Good on you boys ! lol
Brett, mate you have been going on and on about Port in each thread having beefs with Booney and LMA each time.

This happens in nearly all threads, you are looking at being a bit obsessed here.

Calm the farm and stop feeding the trolls.

We're the trolls? :D

The clown offers nothing constructive whatsoever.

:roll: Pot calling . NFI
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:04 pm

3 years on, a few boys will run around this Sunday...

https://www.facebook.com/daniel.franzon.94/videos/659069640924030/

Spot the Port player in the Bays tracksuit....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:33 pm

Rising Power wrote:Aidyn Johnson can only be replaced by an AFL player, according to Lokan at the press conference. That leaves Frederick, Pudney and Grundy as options.

,,, And who says the rules are contrived to make their inclusion acceptable?
Gee, anyone who says the inclusion of reserves is bad really has no idea, right? :lol:
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Well well the FARCE continues

The AFL Power Reserves play in their 3 rd Grand Final since 2014 hey 3 in six years pretty good by the AFL contigent.

A lot of back slapping by the media regarding the ( Magpies ) LOL.

Yes the FARCE continues.

FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl Farce.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Groucho » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:46 pm

If you don't like it, there's the door and take the Crows with you.
Groucho
Under 18s

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 160 times

Postby Rising Power » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Groucho wrote:

If you don't like it, there's the door and take the Crows with you.

Righto.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby LMA » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:46 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Well well the FARCE continues

The AFL Power Reserves play in their 3 rd Grand Final since 2014 hey 3 in six years pretty good by the AFL contigent.

Yes the FARCE continues.

FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl FARCE sanfl Farce.

Your last farce was lacking substance and feel it effected the point you were trying to make, it's a no from me!
LMA
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:29 pm

LMA wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Well well the FARCE continues

Yes the FARCE continues.

Your last farce was lacking substance and feel it effected the point you were trying to make, it's a no from me!

LOL luv it Touche LOL.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Brett » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:40 pm

I think there is an agreement in place that the 2 Franchises stay in the SANFL for a certain number of years. I also think the whole thing is reviewed after a few years . A hypothetical is what if the SANFL clubs review it and made some changes . The first franchise would be Port Power to ark up. No doubt.
What would happen if the AFL decided on an AFL reserves comp ? Would the SANFL say no and make the them both see out the contract or cave like when they sold the AFL licences after Port again lost them millions ?
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby stan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Brett wrote:I think there is an agreement in place that the 2 Franchises stay in the SANFL for a certain number of years. I also think the whole thing is reviewed after a few years . A hypothetical is what if the SANFL clubs review it and made some changes . The first franchise would be Port Power to ark up. No doubt.
What would happen if the AFL decided on an AFL reserves comp ? Would the SANFL say no and make the them both see out the contract or cave like when they sold the AFL licences after Port again lost them millions ?
Dunno mate, I guess it just depends on how the ball bounces.
stan
Coach

Postby Brett » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:51 pm

Thanks for your PM's .
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby Brett » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:55 pm

Im sure someone would be aware of the rule /agreement . I dont expect Norwood to comply of course.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Brett wrote:I think there is an agreement in place that the 2 Franchises stay in the SANFL for a certain number of years. I also think the whole thing is reviewed after a few years . A hypothetical is what if the SANFL clubs review it and made some changes . The first franchise would be Port Power to ark up. No doubt.

More of a question for the 'No AFL whinge" thread but the contract is 15 years, reviewed annually. Don't think there will an AFL reserves comp anytime soon with the AFL trying so desperately to make GWS and GC a success along with the development of the AFLW.
LMA
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL