Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:51 am

amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:I have another employee who would rather take annual leave days when she is sick then spend money seeing a dr to get a dr cert for a sick day.

$20 for a sick certificate from any pharmacy.
No questions asked.

One of my staff does it and there’s not much I can do about it.

We don't have to supply one if it's only one day.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby MW » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:52 am

Same with us, for 3 single days in a rolling 12 month period.
She still uses annual leave lol
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby LMA » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:53 am

amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:I have another employee who would rather take annual leave days when she is sick then spend money seeing a dr to get a dr cert for a sick day.

No questions asked.

I buy mine off the net, comes in a book of 10 like a mothers day raffle :D
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:56 am

MW wrote:Same with us, for 3 single days in a rolling 12 month period.
She still uses annual leave lol

Sounds familiar.

Yesterday one chick comes in and says she's not feeling well, another carries on about how she doesn't look well and should be resting at home, there was nothing wrong with her and sure enough she takes today off, already knowing that another chick from her area was already off with a sick kid, that leaves one out of three from there area here today, now the one that is here would be rubbing her hands together as I bet she chucks one Friday or Monday, migraines or vertigo are her go to.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:08 am

LMA wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

No questions asked.

Someone I know once "borrowed" a sick certificate pad from a hospital store and it just so happened that one of the doctors stamps went missing around the same time. All that needed to happen was someone scribble some words on the pad, hit it with a stamp and presto! Sick certificate.

From what I hear they made a nice little earner from that pad of 200 certificates.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:10 am

Booney wrote:
Someone I know once "borrowed" a sick certificate pad from a hospital store and it just so happened that one of the doctors stamps went missing around the same time. All that needed to happen was someone scribble some words on the pad, hit it with a stamp and presto! Sick certificate.

From what I hear they made a nice little earner from that pad of 200 certificates.

A dude in our factory got sprung with one a few years ago, it didn't end well for him or a couple of others that prospered from it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:29 am

Foxtel.... STILL!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

A dude in our factory got sprung with one a few years ago, it didn't end well for him or a couple of others that prospered from it.

On more than one occasion I have busted tertiary students for faking doctor's certificates in an attempt to gain leniency on assignments. I have been amazed at the detail put into some of these forgeries; if they'd put as much effort into their study then they wouldn't need a medical certificate in the first place.

And no, it doesn't end well for them either.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby LMA » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Booney wrote:
LMA wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

No questions asked.

:lol: In all seriousness it's fairly simple to get in and see someone these days.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:01 pm

Cyclists on footpaths **** off or use your bell at least ffs
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby gadj1976 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:12 am

Armchair expert wrote:Cyclists on footpaths **** off or use your bell at least ffs

Ha! This is quite funny. I got abused by another cyclist last night on the way home last night. I rang my bell twice in the leadup to overtaking this (clearly older) bloke and he abused me for ringing it 'aggressively' and then chased me up the pathway along the Torrens. He said "I'm sick of you pricks", I said "mate, all I was doing was making sure you knew i was passing and not to veer out". He then berated me, which I didn't hear properly and then sped up and sat alongside me. At this point I thought he was going to push me into the river! I kept riding up a hill at which point he passed me, then stopped suddenly right in front of me and said "so you right d***head? I said "whats your problem buddy?". His retort "piss off ya hairy legged wanchor". I just laughed and said adios!

It's the first time a bell would've ever been called 'aggressive'. ya gotta laugh.

So you can't win. Mind you it's the first time in 7 years anyone has had a go at me ringing my very macho sounding bell! ;-)

Anyway, my further point is that when I get to Paradise bus station, there is a bike lane just up the road and the number of people that walk or jog in the bike lane toward me, is amazing! There is a wide footpath just next to it but yet they have to use the bike lane - AND they don't move when I get close to them. They just look at me. Etiquette people!
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:43 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Cyclists on footpaths **** off or use your bell at least ffs

Ha! This is quite funny. I got abused by another cyclist last night on the way home last night. I rang my bell twice in the leadup to overtaking this (clearly older) bloke and he abused me for ringing it 'aggressively' and then chased me up the pathway along the Torrens. He said "I'm sick of you pricks", I said "mate, all I was doing was making sure you knew i was passing and not to veer out". He then berated me, which I didn't hear properly and then sped up and sat alongside me. At this point I thought he was going to push me into the river! I kept riding up a hill at which point he passed me, then stopped suddenly right in front of me and said "so you right d***head? I said "whats your problem buddy?". His retort "piss off ya hairy legged wanchor". I just laughed and said adios!

It's the first time a bell would've ever been called 'aggressive'. ya gotta laugh.

So you can't win. Mind you it's the first time in 7 years anyone has had a go at me ringing my very macho sounding bell! ;-)

Anyway, my further point is that when I get to Paradise bus station, there is a bike lane just up the road and the number of people that walk or jog in the bike lane toward me, is amazing! There is a wide footpath just next to it but yet they have to use the bike lane - AND they don't move when I get close to them. They just look at me. Etiquette people!

They need more designated riding tracks, there's some excellent ones in and around Gawler that are very hilly and have blind corners, they're quite dangerous when they are shared between cyclists and walkers.
There's one near "dead man's pass", I ride about 8-9kms to get into Gawler and then up the steep descents to get to the start of a track through a valley that goes downhill for a fair distance, it's a relief after slugging my guts out getting to the highest point but then you get groups of 3 or 4 people all walking next to each other taking up the whole path, then they get shitty when you let you know you're coming through.
I'm not having a dig at the hikers, they have equal rights, they just need separate tracks for the cyclists if they are fair dinkum about trying to set up a more active society, the surroundings are very serene and it's a great leg of the circuit I've mapped out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:46 am

gadj1976 wrote:

If ya shaved your hairy legs, you would go faster[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:51 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

They need more designated riding tracks, there's some excellent ones in and around Gawler that are very hilly and have blind corners, they're quite dangerous when they are shared between cyclists and walkers.
There's one near "dead man's pass", I ride about 8-9kms to get into Gawler and then up the steep descents to get to the start of a track through a valley that goes downhill for a fair distance, it's a relief after slugging my guts out getting to the highest point but then you get groups of 3 or 4 people all walking next to each other taking up the whole path, then they get shitty when you let you know you're coming through.
I'm not having a dig at the hikers, they have equal rights, they just need separate tracks for the cyclists if they are fair dinkum about trying to set up a more active society, the surroundings are very serene and it's a great leg of the circuit I've mapped out.

Agreed, I find the track next to the Torrens in our area quite dangerous for pedestrians and the cyclists themselves due to how little vision there is around corners/bends and the speeds they can do.

Cars, bikes and pedestrians should all have seperate tracks/roads/paths etc, the difference in speed between all 3 and difference in size/weight being big factors. Certain sized trucks should be limited to certain roads moreso than they currently are IMHO too.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:12 am

Wedgie wrote:Agreed, I find the track next to the Torrens in our area quite dangerous for pedestrians and the cyclists themselves due to how little vision there is around corners/bends and the speeds they can do.

Cars, bikes and pedestrians should all have seperate tracks/roads/paths etc, the difference in speed between all 3 and difference in size/weight being big factors. Certain sized trucks should be limited to certain roads moreso than they currently are IMHO too.

Are you referring to the City to Henley lineal track?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:16 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Agreed, I find the track next to the Torrens in our area quite dangerous for pedestrians and the cyclists themselves due to how little vision there is around corners/bends and the speeds they can do.

Are you referring to the City to Henley lineal track?

Probably, not sure of its name.
The shared bike/pedestrian track next to the Torrens in Allenby Gardens between Holbrooks Rd and South Rd.
I avoid it when taking my dog for a walk.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:31 am

Wedgie wrote:Probably, not sure of its name.
The shared bike/pedestrian track next to the Torrens in Allenby Gardens between Holbrooks Rd and South Rd.

Yeah, it is, they should have one side of the river for bikes and the other for pedestrians.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Probably, not sure of its name.

Yeah, it is, they should have one side of the river for bikes and the other for pedestrians.

Bloody good idea. Unfortunately there are some sections under reconstruction that force you to cross over.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:16 pm

cracka wrote:Bloody good idea. Unfortunately there are some sections under reconstruction that force you to cross over.

Drats, it's a very tranquil ride from the brewery to the beach, a dip, a bite to eat and then return to the city.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
cracka wrote:Bloody good idea. Unfortunately there are some sections under reconstruction that force you to cross over.

Drats, it's a very tranquil ride from the brewery to the beach, a dip, a bite to eat and then return to the city.

Growing up in near the airport the section from the Brickworks to the beach I knew like the back of my hand through my late primary / high school years.

No hand / teenage jokes*.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion