ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:21 pm

Trader wrote:Do you like having a beer after a long day’s cricket?
Those Morons at the Adelaide City Council are proposing to extend the dry zones currently 8pm to 11am to 24/7 in all parklands.

This means when you play games against the likes of Pulteney, Adelaide Lutheran, PAOC, Concordia, etc, you will no longer be allowed a beer after the game, and you run the risk of getting slapped with a $315 fine.

But don’t despair, you can do something about it.

This 5 minute survey gives you the opportunity to tell the council what a bunch of dip sticks they are.
Under legislation, they must listen to the results of the survey, so if enough people say how much this rule sucks, they will have no option but to not bring in the ban.

https://yoursay.cityofadelaide.com.au/Proposed-dry-area

Im not going to waste 60 minutes reading it - surely it wouldn't apply if you have a liquor licence =;
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby helicopterking » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:28 pm

The two finalists from last year out in the T20 Round of 16.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Harry49 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:51 am

The Country Living Homes T20 Final which was scheduled for the 2nd February at 9am on Adelaide Oval has now been canned due to the Showdown Bushfire Appeal Game. Para Hills v Salisbury West which was scheduled for 9am has now been replaced by the Country Carnival Final which was supposed to be on at 11:30.

What baffles me is, why would they allow a game to be scheduled on a day that has been booked by SAMCA at the start of the season. Not only that, why would they not schedule the bushfire appeal game at 4 or 5pm so that all games could go ahead as scheduled.
Pretty disappointing that no ATCA team will have the chance to play on Adelaide Oval this season with the ATCA T20 final not being held there this year also.
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:58 am

Harry49 wrote:Pretty disappointing that no ATCA team will have the chance to play on Adelaide Oval this season.

Cry me a river.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:53 am

Harry49 wrote:The Country Living Homes T20 Final which was scheduled for the 2nd February at 9am on Adelaide Oval has now been canned due to the Showdown Bushfire Appeal Game. Para Hills v Salisbury West which was scheduled for 9am has now been replaced by the Country Carnival Final which was supposed to be on at 11:30.

What baffles me is, why would they allow a game to be scheduled on a day that has been booked by SAMCA at the start of the season. Not only that, why would they not schedule the bushfire appeal game at 4 or 5pm so that all games could go ahead as scheduled.
Pretty disappointing that no ATCA team will have the chance to play on Adelaide Oval this season with the ATCA T20 final not being held there this year also.

Priorities mate

Finding dates is mission impossible
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Harry49 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:05 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Harry49 wrote:The Country Living Homes T20 Final which was scheduled for the 2nd February at 9am on Adelaide Oval has now been canned due to the Showdown Bushfire Appeal Game. Para Hills v Salisbury West which was scheduled for 9am has now been replaced by the Country Carnival Final which was supposed to be on at 11:30.

Priorities mate

I understand that, but why not schedule the game at 4pm or 5pm? More people are likely to buy the overpriced food at the venue and then all games could have been played on the same day.
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:38 pm

Harry49 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

Priorities mate

I understand that, but why not schedule the game at 4pm or 5pm? More people are likely to buy the overpriced food at the venue and then all games could have been played on the same day.

At a guess they will probably paint some of the grass in between games, do a check to ensure no one hides to gain free entry to the charity match, pre-sold ticket sales will give them some indication to catering supplies, they'll probably have some pyrotechnics set up and plenty for the kids that will require setting up.

Should've moved the T20 Final to a midweek afternoon timeslot.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Harry49 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

Priorities mate

At a guess they will probably paint some of the grass in between games, do a check to ensure no one hides to gain free entry to the charity match, pre-sold ticket sales will give them some indication to catering supplies, they'll probably have some pyrotechnics set up and plenty for the kids that will require setting up.

Should've moved the T20 Final to a midweek afternoon timeslot.

They can't have a ticketed event with tens of thousands of people and something else on the same day

Also can't just 'get a pitch up' midweek. It's an international venue with a million things on and a microscopic window to sandwich in other events
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:29 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:They can't have a ticketed event with tens of thousands of people and something else on the same day

Also can't just 'get a pitch up' midweek. It's an international venue with a million things on and a microscopic window to sandwich in other events

K
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:

Priorities mate

Its good that the country teams got priority over the city teams for a change.
How many opportunities do ATCA clubs want to play on AO? Each club has two opportunities every year is my understanding, wont hurt them to miss out for a year
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:44 pm

Getting on Adelaide Oval is bloody tough

One of my mates is a teacher and his school won their way through to some cup final. All the winners from across the state were coming in to play a lightning carnival at Adelaide Oval. Just on the outfield but they were still pumped. Teams flying over from Port Lincoln and everything.

A bit of rain in the lead up and the event got canned. Worried about the outfield with some Shield or Aussie cricket game coming up. Logistically impossible to reschedule. I think they played at Uni in the end
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Port Pirie Power » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Good to see Ingle Farm trying their hardest to win a B grade T20 flag Tuesday night, dropping a few of their A1 players down the grades. That club is laughable.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby No kidding » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:02 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:Good to see Ingle Farm trying their hardest to win a B grade T20 flag Tuesday night, dropping a few of their A1 players down the grades. That club is laughable.

Laughable..
Really ?????
No kidding

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Port Pirie Power » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:43 pm

No kidding wrote:
Port Pirie Power wrote:Good to see Ingle Farm trying their hardest to win a B grade T20 flag Tuesday night, dropping a few of their A1 players down the grades. That club is laughable.

Laughable..
Really ?????

Yep, laughable.

Unsure how else to describe dropping 3 of your A graders down into the B grade Comp. Especially when your A grade don’t win a game themselves.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Postby No kidding » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:02 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:
No kidding wrote:

Laughable..
Really ?????

Yep, laughable.

Unsure how else to describe dropping 3 of your A graders down into the B grade Comp. Especially when your A grade don’t win a game themselves.

Any well credentialed guest players like others do ?
No kidding

Postby No kidding » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:17 pm

No kidding wrote:
Port Pirie Power wrote:
No kidding wrote:

Laughable..
Really ?????

Yep, laughable.

Any well credentialed guest players like others do ?

And by the way PPP, Sandercock and Sandery to name 2 have played in this team in previous games, when they are available to play, as opposed to the A team so I suggest some fact finding should be done prior to rash statements
No kidding

Postby Trader » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:28 pm

I think that’s what he wasn’t happy about.
After losing to St Iggies in rd 1, where both Sandary and Sandercock played Div1, they then elected to drop them into the Bs to qualify them for finals.

This isn’t a case of a couple of guest players squeezing out the 10th and 11th ranked players from IF’s A grade, it was a deliberate decision to stack their lower side.

Some clubs do it, others don’t.

I do like the fact that it was the C grader Billsy who made the two highly rated A graders look mediocre though, claiming the best figures with 1/11 off his 4.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Whatsfordinner » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Trader wrote:I think that’s what he wasn’t happy about.
After losing to St Iggies in rd 1, where both Sandary and Sandercock played Div1, they then elected to drop them into the Bs to qualify them for finals.

This isn’t a case of a couple of guest players squeezing out the 10th and 11th ranked players from IF’s A grade, it was a deliberate decision to stack their lower side.

I do like the fact that it was the C grader Billsy who made the two highly rated A graders look mediocre though, claiming the best figures with 1/11 off his 4.

Gotta win something after spending up big in the off season, not going to be the A1 comp, so they’re chasing the div 2 T20 title! Laughable! Brahma lodge will knock them off next game anyways.
Whatsfordinner

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Port Pirie Power » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:33 pm

Exactly right Trader, nailed it on the head.

Just seems Ingle Farm do it more often than not.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:13 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:

Exactly right Trader, nailed it on the head.

Just seems Ingle Farm do it more often than not.

"more often than not" .... you are kidding. Both players have jobs and the best they could do was get to home games, but if you want to run with the stacking theory, that's fine.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps