TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:24 pm

South Africa 8/138, trail by 152. England honing in on victory.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10292 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby stampy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:06 pm

how bad are the saffers going
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:39 pm

Good win by england really convincing. I know SA are struggling but what impressed me was the batting, sibley and pope scoring hundreds in the last 2 tests against what is still a good bowling line up (SAs batting on the other hand is awful) is awesome. Both lads under 25 showing promise and dom bess also at 22 getting a 5 fa. We finally showed the value of batting time rather then trying to blast it which has got us in all sorts over the last 4 years.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:27 pm

batmanbegins wrote:Good win by england really convincing. I know SA are struggling but what impressed me was the batting, sibley and pope scoring hundreds in the last 2 tests against what is still a good bowling line up (SAs batting on the other hand is awful) is awesome. Both lads under 25 showing promise and dom bess also at 22 getting a 5 fa. We finally showed the value of batting time rather then trying to blast it which has got us in all sorts over the last 4 years.

England win by an innings and 53 runs, it is their 150th away win in test match cricket. 2-1 up now, this is the first time since 1957 that England have won successive tests in South Africa.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:19 pm

batmanbegins wrote:Good win by england really convincing. I know SA are struggling but what impressed me was the batting, sibley and pope scoring hundreds in the last 2 tests against what is still a good bowling line up (SAs batting on the other hand is awful) is awesome. Both lads under 25 showing promise and dom bess also at 22 getting a 5 fa. We finally showed the value of batting time rather then trying to blast it which has got us in all sorts over the last 4 years.

I wouldn't get too carried away with Bess mate, he couldn't get one in the second dig while Root took 4.
South Africa and the Pakis might have a competitive match, that's how bad they have become
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:25 am

Our U19’s beat the Poms on the last ball of the game to knock them out of the competition
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:37 am

Jim05 wrote:Our U19’s beat the Poms on the last ball of the game to knock them out of the competition
I just watched the highlights and wow what a f**king win! Australia won on the last ball of the match chasing 252, at one point the Aussies were almost gone at 7/189 as they lost 5/36 in 13 overs in a middle order collapse due to the English spinners. Australia needed 40 off the last 3 overs with fast bowler Connor Sully hitting 35 from 20 balls along with Todd Murphy making 16 from 10 as their 9th wicket partnership saw Australia home.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Minimum Chips » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:51 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Our U19’s beat the Poms on the last ball of the game to knock them out of the competition
I just watched the highlights and wow what a f**king win! Australia won on the last ball of the match chasing 252, at one point the Aussies were almost gone at 7/189 as they lost 5/36 in 13 overs in a middle order collapse due to the English spinners. Australia needed 40 off the last 3 overs with fast bowler Connor Sully hitting 35 from 20 balls along with Todd Murphy making 16 from 10 as their 9th wicket partnership saw Australia home.

Yeah - just saw that as well. That was unbelievable. Poor Poms - Lloyd Pope got them last time and now they've been knocked out again by Aus.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:04 am

The Zim/SL test match ended last night, was a great last day, another reason why 4 day test matches won't work.

First 4 days had 19 wickets fall, 10 wickets fell on Day 5 for SL to just get over the line.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:33 pm

South Africa v England, 4th test at Johannesburg.
After a delayed start on day one England are batting first, currently 5/263.
Crawley 66
Pope 56
Root 53*
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:36 am

daysofourlives wrote:

I wouldn't get too carried away with Bess mate, he couldn't get one in the second dig while Root took 4.
South Africa and the Pakis might have a competitive match, that's how bad they have become

Pakistan would wipe the floor with the Saffers home or away. I’d hate to see what India or Australia would do to them. Dead set rubbish and wouldn’t get near a few domestic Australian line ups.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:58 am

South Africa v England, stumps day two.
The pain continues for SA.
England 400
Root 59
Broad 43 and Wood 35*, put on 82 of the 10th wicket.
Nortje 5/110

South 6/88 at stumps
de Kock 32*
Wood 3/21
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:35 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Pakistan would wipe the floor with the Saffers home or away. I’d hate to see what India or Australia would do to them. Dead set rubbish and wouldn’t get near a few domestic Australian line ups.

Disagree strongly there. SA still have better bowlers then the pakis, rabada, nortje and ngidi are all good especially rabada as we know. Batting is light on but Markram (they need him back plud he destroyed the aussies) and De cock are obviously talented. Pakis have azam and not alot with the ball.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:15 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Disagree strongly there. SA still have better bowlers then the pakis, rabada, nortje and ngidi are all good especially rabada as we know. Batting is light on but Markram (they need him back plud he destroyed the aussies) and De cock are obviously talented. Pakis have azam and not alot with the ball.

Even though Pakistan were smashed, they still scored 240 or more every time they batted here. Something NZ struggled to do even once. I’d strongly suggest NZ are a better Test line up than England. Pakistan would beat the Saffers no issues for mine.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:02 pm

What about if they had a hundred on to lose?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:54 am

Does anyone else see the irony of touring parties to South Africa especially recently being baited and any reaction is shown immediately. Funny how the instigators are never shown or recorded during the coverage. I’m not including the ball tampering incident in this as that’s completely different. Digging up shit on the opposition when ever they are getting rolled or challenged at home is starting to become the norm when travelling over there as it’s happened the last 3 years when India, England and Australia have toured.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:25 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Does anyone else see the irony of touring parties to South Africa especially recently being baited and any reaction is shown immediately. Funny how the instigators are never shown or recorded during the coverage. I’m not including the ball tampering incident in this as that’s completely different. Digging up shit on the opposition when ever they are getting rolled or challenged at home is starting to become the norm when travelling over there as it’s happened the last 3 years when India, England and Australia have toured.

Are you referring to Ben Stokes? After what happened in Bristol and the threats he made to the spectator, he's lucky to be playing any cricket.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:23 pm

South Africa v England, forth test, day three in progress.
South Africa first innings 183
de Kock 76
Wood 5/46

England second innings 248
Root 58
Hendricks 5/64

South Africa second innings currently 0/33 and needing 433 to win
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:49 pm

Can someone help me understand something. Ben Stokes just bowled a bouncer at van der Dussen and the umpire has called it as a wide for height i.e. above his head. Under Law 21.10, shouldn't that be called a No Ball? In test cricket I've only seen umpires call wides for short pitched balls that pass over the batsman's head. Isn't it a No Ball?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby RB » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:52 pm

Nup, wide ball in test cricket.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times