I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:41 pm

The airport have a medical station for those arriving on international flights. However the amount of passengers wearing masks now compared to Swine Flu/Bird Flu is quite low.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:48 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The airport have a medical station for those arriving on international flights. However the amount of passengers wearing masks now compared to Swine Flu/Bird Flu is quite low.

face masks are pretty useless if you dont have the virus - you just walk around looking like a dick because you can still catch the virus, whether you're wearing a mask or not.

It's actually only useful if you have the virus as it stops you from coughing over people that don't have it
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:51 pm

Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Pseudo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:06 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The airport have a medical station for those arriving on international flights. However the amount of passengers wearing masks now compared to Swine Flu/Bird Flu is quite low.

face masks are pretty useless if you dont have the virus - you just walk around looking like a dick because you can still catch the virus, whether you're wearing a mask or not.

It's actually only useful if you have the virus as it stops you from coughing over people that don't have it

The mask will stop you from touching your face - which is how viruses get from your hands into your body (via mouth, nose and eyes).
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:40 am

Last Friday I took my bushfire leave, Mrs had the day off and it was our anniversary that weekend, so we got Mr 13 to stay at a friends house and Mr 16 stayed at home with one of his mates for the night. Look forward to more of this now the boys have hit their teens.

Anyway headed up to the Hills and stopped in Emma & Ivy at Lobethal for breakfast, nice spot. Drove around a bit to have a look at the recovery and couldn't believe how green it was compared to the month before when I 1st went up there, so pleasing to see nature rebound so quickly. This was confirmed as we got out of the fire affected areas and the paddocks went back to the dry, lifeless summer colour.

From there we headed up to Clare, driving slowly through Tarlee and heart warming to see that my late Grandpa's old business sign still hangs from one of the commercial sheds. Was keen to head to Mr Micks for Lunch after the recommendations here and reading the Tripadvisor ratings. However we got stuck at the 1st winery Oleary Walker. Being such a wine nuffy, I asked why they had so many Riesling's on their tasting list "Clare Valley Wine Region is known for its Riesling's" never knew that... L-) . Hardly ever drank many of them but quite enjoyed one in particular and ended up buying a couple of bottles. Anyway we were the only ones there and the menu was in reach so we had a look and decided the view was too good not to stay and have lunch. The Port Belly was sensational, and probably the 2nd best I have ever had, behind Ferment Asian. We then found our way to Pikes Brewery and tried a tasting paddle, avoiding the 8.2% beer! Not bad beer, liked their Pale Ale which got 8/10 from me. By now we were well into the arvo, so drove through Clare and decided to head straight to Port Hughes as we both had a taste for some more grog without driving. Lobbed our gear into the beach house and straight to the pub where we sat in their new beer garden overlooking the ocean and had a feed and drinks. Great relaxing day and 24 hours.

I know we missed quite a few places in Clare, too me it seems like a great spot for a kid free weekend with some friends in winter, look forward to doing that.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:52 am

Dutchy wrote:Last Friday I took my bushfire leave, Mrs had the day off and it was our anniversary that weekend, so we got Mr 13 to stay at a friends house and Mr 16 stayed at home with one of his mates for the night. Look forward to more of this now the boys have hit their teens.

Anyway headed up to the Hills and stopped in Emma & Ivy at Lobethal for breakfast, nice spot. Drove around a bit to have a look at the recovery and couldn't believe how green it was compared to the month before when I 1st went up there, so pleasing to see nature rebound so quickly. This was confirmed as we got out of the fire affected areas and the paddocks went back to the dry, lifeless summer colour.

From there we headed up to Clare, driving slowly through Tarlee and heart warming to see that my late Grandpa's old business sign still hangs from one of the commercial sheds. Was keen to head to Mr Micks for Lunch after the recommendations here and reading the Tripadvisor ratings. However we got stuck at the 1st winery Oleary Walker. Being such a wine nuffy, I asked why they had so many Riesling's on their tasting list "Clare Valley Wine Region is known for its Riesling's" never knew that... L-) . Hardly ever drank many of them but quite enjoyed one in particular and ended up buying a couple of bottles. Anyway we were the only ones there and the menu was in reach so we had a look and decided the view was too good not to stay and have lunch. The Port Belly was sensational, and probably the 2nd best I have ever had, behind Ferment Asian. We then found our way to Pikes Brewery and tried a tasting paddle, avoiding the 8.2% beer! Not bad beer, liked their Pale Ale which got 8/10 from me. By now we were well into the arvo, so drove through Clare and decided to head straight to Port Hughes as we both had a taste for some more grog without driving. Lobbed our gear into the beach house and straight to the pub where we sat in their new beer garden overlooking the ocean and had a feed and drinks. Great relaxing day and 24 hours.

I know we missed quite a few places in Clare, too me it seems like a great spot for a kid free weekend with some friends in winter, look forward to doing that.

Great to hear you loved O'Leary Walkers. A good mate of mine of is the head chef there. He does an amazing job! It's a great spot and favourite venue during Clare Gourmet weekend.

We love Pikes as well being that it has the winery/brewery so is a great late in the day stop for those that are 'wined' out. A great his/her spot to go.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:56 am

whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Last Friday I took my bushfire leave, Mrs had the day off and it was our anniversary that weekend, so we got Mr 13 to stay at a friends house and Mr 16 stayed at home with one of his mates for the night. Look forward to more of this now the boys have hit their teens.

Great to hear you loved O'Leary Walkers. A good mate of mine of is the head chef there. He does an amazing job! It's a great spot and favourite venue during Clare Gourmet weekend.

We love Pikes as well being that it has the winery/brewery so is a great late in the day stop for those that are 'wined' out. A great his/her spot to go.

Mates wife works there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:00 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:

Mates wife works there.

Dare i ask who? hahaha.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:23 pm

Given that Holden has probably known of their impending death for some time , why is it that they've then decided to build a massive new show room on Railway Tce at Mile End?

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Brodlach » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:33 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Given that Holden has probably known of their impending death for some time , why is it that they've then decided to build a massive new show room on Railway Tce at Mile End?

I asked this question of somebody in the know, they are spending $6.4 million on this after selling their Adelaide land for over $33 million. Holdens will need to be serviced still and they are adding MG to their brand
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Spargo » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:35 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Given that Holden has probably known of their impending death for some time , why is it that they've then decided to build a massive new show room on Railway Tce at Mile End?

Not sure they were aware before Mile End was built.
City Holden on Grenfell St has closed permanently immediately & moved all business there.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Spargo » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:36 pm

Brodlach wrote:

I asked this question of somebody in the know, they are spending $6.4 million on this after selling their Adelaide land for over $33 million. Holdens will need to be serviced still and they are adding MG to their brand

Ah, makes sense.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:57 am

What is the fascination with fish taco's? Has anyone on here tried them?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Pseudo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:What is the fascination with fish taco's? Has anyone on here tried them?

Most of us heterosexual blokes have, yes.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:04 pm

Spargo wrote:

Not sure they were aware before Mile End was built.
City Holden on Grenfell St has closed permanently immediately & moved all business there.

No, they were not.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:What is the fascination with fish taco's? Has anyone on here tried them?

Agreed dont get it. Why would you mess with beefo or chicken?
I love fish and I love tacos but don't get the combination.
Might give them a try at the Royal where they have a pretty good mexican menu and will report back.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:53 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Might give them a try at the Royal where they have a pretty good mexican menu and will report back.

I completely agree, I love both but they don't belong together IMO.

I made the mistake once of getting a calamari schnitzel, I thought there would be calamari on top of a schnitty, this thing was a whopping piece of calamari crumbed, it ruined me, I was as crook as a dog that night, I didn't eat calamari for about 5 years after that.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

I made the mistake once of getting a calamari schnitzel, I thought there would be calamari on top of a schnitty, this thing was a whopping piece of calamari crumbed, it ruined me, I was as crook as a dog that night, I didn't eat calamari for about 5 years after that.

Try one from the Cooboowie Hotel.
**** amazing.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

You mean a snid squitzel? :lol: @Booney @Heater31

Footy Chick

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:16 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Try one from the Cooboowie Hotel.
**** amazing.

Yep with creamy garlic sauce and prawns on top. Yummo
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion